1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News The Commodore 64 turns 30

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 1 Aug 2012.

1. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude

I love my C64,its right next to me here :)

Which one do you recommend bud? (I have tried a few but they dont work well)

2. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

It used the same case as the PET? Surely you mean VIC20?

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Yes. Yes, I do.

(For those who don't remember: the PET was an all-in-one design rather like the terminals in Fallout 3, with the display built in to the casing; the VIC-20 was the more familiar computer-in-keyboard design affectionately known as the 'breadbin.')

4. LordLuciendar

LordLuciendar meh.

Lol. Yes, he is my great uncle (my grandfather's brother). I only mention his lack of mention because he seems to be the unsung hero of Commodore. Most articles skim over his involvement if they mention it at all, yet he was the engineering force that brought it all together.

Anywho, otherwise a great shout out to a monolith of the tech industry. It's unlikely, but just imagine what things would be like if the products produced by the modern computer industry were as revolutionary...

5. chrismarkham1982

chrismarkham1982 Multimodder

Still remember Ace and Hawkeye, 2 brilliant games I would buy in a shot if they ever came to smartphone or Xbox Live Arcade.

Edit: And Emlyn Hughes Soccer