1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming The Games of 2011

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 7 Jan 2011.

1. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

As much as I desperately want to see HL2E3 or even HL3, I don't think it's going to happen.

Valve have figured out that multi-player is the way of the future, but unless we clone ol' Gordon, it just doesn't fit. The reason they were able to make Portal 2 multi-player is that the mental image of how Portal "should be" is not set like it is for HL. I'd love to see a multi-player game set in the HL2 universe, but I don't think it will happen.

My other favorite pipe dream is a Stalker MMO, which would be about the most awesome thing going, but no one seems to be interested in making it.

2. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

Indeed - and are a must have for any mid to high level character if you want him/he to do sufficient damage to succeed against tougher enemies.

3. robump

robump Minimodder

I cant wait for dues ex and mass effect this year, 2 great games with great story lines!

4. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

I think the only difference the article had was that Shogun 2 was it's game of note above all others. It all seemed like glorified advertising to be honest. At least these AAA titles seem to actually be worth the wait and anticipation. Or at least I hope so.

As for Brink, previews are few and far between, but the concept seems fantastic and if the teamplay is solid and the game mechanics work, I see it as a lasting shooter. Any chance you could divulge more about your playtests? :D

5. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Absolutely looking forward to all those games listed :rock::thumb:.

6. earlydoors

earlydoors Minimodder

Nothing in RTS - typical

Is there a more dead genre than RTS, I say?

7. DaBear

DaBear What's a Dremel?

The Witcher 2 & Diablo 3 for me. I will get Dragon Age 2, but not until they release the ultimate version, not paying for all the DLC & Expansion, when I can wait and get it all for half the cost of the original game at release. :nono:

8. mastorofpuppetz

mastorofpuppetz What's a Dremel?

HUH? Deus ex not even out, have no idea how food the story will be, but name one good ubisoft game with a good story?

Mass Effect is OK, very cliche characters story and predictable. Same story as several other sci-fi movies/games.

9. Centy-face

Centy-face Caw?

Well since Deus Ex is published by Square Enix and developed by Eidos Montreal I don't see what Ubisoft has to do with anything.

10. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

RTS never gets a big showing. You have to like RTS games to care about RTS releases. In the last year we've had plenty of big name RTS titles like Supreme Commander 2, R.U.S.E., Dawn of War II and Chaos Rising, and of course: Starcraft 2. But if you don't play RTS games then why care? They're these strange games with strange controls and mechanics. It's not like Batman: AA or MW2 where you can hop into them from one myriad of other first or third person FPS or RPG games.

11. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Hadn't actually read anything about the new Batman game, other than that there was going to be one. Now that I know the basic story outline it sounds a lot like "Escape from NY".

12. Krayzie_B.o.n.e.

Krayzie_B.o.n.e. What's a Dremel?

Battlefield 3
    Rift
    Tera
    Diablo 3
    Dead Space 2
    Portal 2
    STALKER Call of Priyat Complete
    The Witcher 2
    Torchlight 2
    Guild Wars 2
    Dust 514
    Killzone 3
    This should hold me for 2011

13. Grimloon

Grimloon What's a Dremel?

I'm looking forwards to Batman: Arkham City, Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Mass Effect 3 but one not on the list is Guild Wars 2. Other than that Homefront has piqued my interest so I'll probably have a look when it comes out.

14. nemo

nemo Foregone Destruction

Minecraft ?

15. mastorofpuppetz

Sorry my bad, even worse, name one good eidos or square enix games the last several years? LMAO.

16. mastorofpuppetz

HUH? You need to research more, Lots of RTS games released and coming out, as for dead genres adventure is much more dead then RTS. Some people think if they dont see an ad on TV as genre is dead LOL.

17. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

Dragon Age 2... you missed it.. otherwise the list looks pretty good to me!

18. The_Jonas

The_Jonas \m/

I'm looking forward to three games in 2011, only one of them made it to the list though. Portal 2 being that one. The other two are Crysis 2 and GuildWars 2. Yes, 2011 is the year of the sequels :D

19. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

@Mastorofpuppetz: Adventure is not dead, you just not look in the right places.

topic:
    Is this games preview a FP filler? You really can only find 6 games to be released for the new year? What about: Crysis2, Max Payne 3, Rage, Bulletstorm, Dead space 2, Fear 3, Dragon age 2, Uncharted 3, Elder scrolls V, Hitman 5, The last Guardian, SW The old Republic, Metal Geat solid etc.

Dear valve: I really like to play Half Life episode three before I die of natural causes. Its since 2007 since I last played to very open ended episode 2. So a conclusion of the Half Life series is a must.

20. leveller

leveller Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

Of if you think about HL2EP3 - the sequel to the sequels of the sequel.

Tags: Add Tags