1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress The Riddler Case Mod - Completed

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Taigart, 19 Sep 2015.

1. Taigart

Taigart What's a Dremel?

Hello guys and girls obviously :D ,

In the Batman world The Riddler is my favorite character so I began to build a project from scratch for my new rig inspired by the question mark man.

I have no sponsor, I just did it for pure passion and with my money.

This is an already completed ITX build, it took me 1 year to realize it:

Tech Specs

- CPU : Intel I5 4670k
    - MB : Asus Z97i-plus black and green modded
    - Ram : Avexir green 1600mhz CAS 9
    - GPU : Zotac GTX 780 OC later changed in Inno3D gtx 970 Hercules X2 (just for the small size of the card)
    changed in Galax 970 EOC (because RMA the Inno3D)
    - PSU : SILVERSTONE SFX Series SX600-G 600W 80 PLUS Gold...
    - Sleeving : Don't remember
    - fan 5 x Gelid Wing green 120mm, 1 x 92mm, 1 x 80mm

Water Specs

- Pump : EK-DCP 4.0 PWM
    - WB : EK-Supremacy EVO Nickel/Plexi
    - WB GPU : full wb EKWB nickel/plexi for gtx 780 and inno 3D gtx 970 then moved to universal waterblock for the galax :
    really proud to show you a modded fusion : nzxt kraken g10 + EKWB acetal + nickel universal VGA wb
    - Res : Alphacool Cape Fusion 10
    - Rad : XSPC EX360 Crossflow
    - Fitting : Alphacool 10/16
    - Tubing : XSPC 16mm transparent tube

Even if the project is already done I kept a log during the build so I want to share it with you :thumb:

I didn't take any concept it just came out of my mind :D

The real challenge was to fit every component in a case of this dimension : 16Wx38Hx42L (cm)

I want to apologize for the quality of the photo .

Final pics here :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 28 Jun 2016
  2. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

Moved to modding until there are pics of work in progress

3. Taigart

Taigart What's a Dremel?

So I started with these alluminium sheets and two hyper clear transparent plexiglass sheets :

[​IMG]

I cutted the left-down corner for one plexiglass and one alluminium sheet to make it fit my PSU. In the picture you can see a Cooler Master 520W but then I realized that it was too big for my project ad I changed it for a SILVERSTONE SFX Series SX600-G.

All cuts are made with Dremel :

[​IMG]

Then I moved on the left panel, cutting a window to make clearly see inside the case.

[​IMG]

4. Taigart

Taigart What's a Dremel?

Cutting the "panel" needed to hide cables and making it ITX motherboard compatible :

[​IMG]

At this point I started to think about performance and I thought to separate my pc in two parts, one used to hide and contain cables and the other one with the components that can give you an idea :

[​IMG]

Here is a schema of the airfow and waterflow used (just a paint):

[​IMG]

The double 120mm fan give a spin of the cold air directly in the component part while the 80mm in the left panel is used to introduce cold air fot the lonely 120 mm fan mounted on the radiator in the cable part.

5. Taigart

Taigart What's a Dremel?

Cutted the upper panel to fit with the 360 radiator :

[​IMG]

the back panel for Mobo, PSU and later the GPU :

[​IMG]

Then moved to the front panel, in the upper right you can see 3 holes for two buttons (needed to control lights) and one for the reset function. The 2 rectangular holes are for fan controller/usb port/audio jack. The question mark is obviously a tribute to the Riddler with the point used as start button (The circle is just a 120mm fan :p ):

[​IMG]

Here ends the cutting phase with the right panel incised with the engraved/cutted famous words "Riddle Me This ?" :

[​IMG]

6. Taigart

Taigart What's a Dremel?

Phase 2 customization :

removed green weird paint

[​IMG]

added some matte black paint(it's the Batman franchise even if we are talking about the Riddler), in this photo you can also see an hole for the 80mm fan, a rectangular hole for the riddler himself :D and the power supply used in the build.

I have to say that this GOLD SFX PSU from Silverstone is really great for dimension and performance.

[​IMG]

Then I moved to the ugly bronze??? gray and black asus z97i-plus card. The main color for the Riddler is the green so modded in green and black (working in progress)

[​IMG]

And this is the final modded asus card with special sticker that I made for the mobo and the fans, I was also trying the green sleeved cables UV reactive.

[​IMG]

7. Taigart

Taigart What's a Dremel?

Installing the components (Why that rectangular hole ????):

[​IMG]

Just for him :D

[​IMG]

This is the front panel, the cables will be hidden:

[​IMG]

I also modded the avexir Ram with a black tape + a uv cable to make a question mark :

[​IMG]

Last edited: 24 Sep 2015
  8. Taigart

Taigart What's a Dremel?

In the next post I will show the final pics, this post is to show how does the 780 looked in the case

[​IMG]

Unfortunally I had problem with the card and I found expensive to buy a waterblock every time that I have to change my card so my actual galax gtx 970 EOC mounts this combination :

EKWB universal VGA Waterblock + NZXT Kraken g10 in a hybrid Air/Water cooling

I want to say that this solution works pretty well, my max temp in full with the GPU overclocked of +200Mhz in core and memory is 50° while the fan is really quiet.

[​IMG]

Last edited: 29 Sep 2015
  9. Taigart

Taigart What's a Dremel?

Final pics added. Really bad quality, probably I need a reflex :waah:

Aaaaaanyway if you have any questions or comment, don't hesitate !!!