1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress THE SAMURAI SACRILEGIUM

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by abbas-it, 7 Jan 2013.

1. abbas-it

abbas-it We came, we saw, we mod, you awe!

yeah GLA-58, i am not exactly the sushi lover either, have always managed to promised my wife that we would go and have some on her birthday, but somehow always managed to evade it too. as far a japanese dusciplin is concerned though, we europeans could do with a bit of it and i lve the samurai honorable way of life even though some of it is hard to understand. i dont particularly agre that they still are hunting whales, but in my mod i am only honoring the samurai way of life which i envy. times have changed and just like we used to have honor among thieves, i am sure the samurai culture is also compromised and adjusted to the modern cold world. in my mod THE SAMURAI SACRILEGIUM, i hope i could show the elements and the culture of the samuria we all like to believe in and admire. dont forget guys, its just a computer, but as i like to believe, its a computer with a soul, just like my creations. I hope you all see the work i am putting into it to metamorphise the samuria into its sacrilegium. more to come.:rock:

Last edited: 19 Mar 2013
  2. abbas-it

3. abbas-it

hi everyone, i didnt manage much today, have been working a bit on the bokken. the hand guard is fixed now and i fixed in the skull which i had from halloween. its just fixed with epoxy o far and after i have done some carving work you will see what i have planned for it.
    the bokken blade curve has turned out just right.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    more to come

4. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Coming along very nicely. :)

5. Boorach

Boorach Minimodder

Wonderful craftsmanship. I really look forward to following your progress on this build.

6. GLA-58

GLA-58 What's a Dremel?

:eyebrow: just wondering if I can snatch that bokken from you unnoticed ! :D

Feel myself in dire need of that item. :D

7. kelmannen

kelmannen What's a Dremel?

it's been a while since i checked this log and WOW this is getting very extrem, in a good way! :) can you please show how you make the cable from sword to pc, hasn't seen any pic of that yet :) SUPERB work Abbas!! :clap:

8. abbas-it

forget this one, it worked

Last edited: 3 Mar 2013
  9. Knighthammer

Knighthammer What's a Dremel?

Outstanding job and quality of work!!

10. abbas-it

thanks mate, i love your forum name...
    more to come over the weekend..:thumb:

11. abbas-it

hi everyone, sorry for the delay in getting an update here, tomorrow is all day workshop day and getting some more karma into the samurai. :)

12. abbas-it

hi kelmannen, sorry i missed your post here. the bokken-sword will not have a cable.
    the handgrip behind the hand guard has a split part as you can see in the pics.
    i have glued in an USB port from an old mainboard as clip to grasp the USB KEY inside the grip part. the KEY which has the skullglued to it is so detachable and the KEY for itself. its so a part of the two hand sword grip.
    in other words, i take out the USB KEY from the grip and stick it into the SAMURAI casecon, well as soon as i have built in the USB ports.

so shortly saying, after this SAMURAI has robbed you if your life, he will rob your PC of your data
    too. a very state of the art modern guy eh..:D
    i do nevertheless have a little surprise coming too as far as the BOKKEN is concerned.:thumb:

Last edited: 19 Mar 2013
  13. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

I thought you were making a Wii sword. Nothing teaches sword control better than the fear of hurting yourself and maybe damaging furniture. -Still awesome.:D

14. abbas-it

not a bad idea either, but this one is just a key. will get paint on this as soosn as the
    REPTO-AM-PI-BICUS is done.

15. GLA-58

GLA-58 What's a Dremel?

:D in my dojo it is not the fear of hurting oneself. but the fear of hurtinn another person without intent.

:eyebrow:If one does cut himself he is politely being asked to commit seppuku !! :eyebrow: :sigh:

gnagnagna......... :wallbash:

16. abbas-it

hi guys, i finally managed to get down to an update for the SAMURAI SACRLIEGIUM again. i know its not much, but as i am actaully as good as finished with the REPTO-AM-PI-BICUS, i can carry on here.
    did a part of the bokken handgrip carving and wrote SAMURAI in japanese on the bokken, well according to google trabslator at least, i hope its right. the letter look japanese at least.
    i am sure some of you have asked why it has a skull in the concept, well the name is
    SAMURAI SACRILEGIUM and the word SACRILEGIUM will soon be eyplained through its progres to come, its all part of the concept.
    more to cme

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. ferret141

ferret141 Minimodder

Which translator did you use?

18. abbas-it

hi ferret141, it was actually just the letters in english s.a.m.u.r.a.i. and the japanese letters in google translator. i know it might be wrong but it looks good:D

19. abbas-it

hi guys, here is a little update, bored some holes and set the ringlets in them, fixed some of the stirrups and made a click in holder for the helmet so that it can be removed for transport etc.. here are the pics of todays progress.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]