Food & Drink The Weight Loss thread

Discussion in 'General' started by pranks7er, 23 Jun 2008.

1. pranks7er

pranks7er mange tout

Trying loos bit excess winter weight for the summer any quick fast ideas? anyone else in same boat?

2. Oreon_237

Oreon_237 CHEA BRO!

lipo suction? :lol:

3. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

Exercise and eat something (healthy) every 3/4 hours. Keeps your metabolism up. My clever plan to loose weight was to only eat one meal a day. Turns out bodies go into starvation mode doing that and you actually put on weight!

The exercise can be anything. A 20 min walk. Cycle to work. Run up and down your stairs :p

Don't drink beer!

4. Oreon_237

Oreon_237 CHEA BRO!

Is that 3-4 hours or 3 quarters of an hour?

5. pranks7er

pranks7er mange tout

lol

maybe not i only need rid of a half a tone or so lol just a "food baby"

im 5 ft 11 at 13.2 stone so only need rid a little was 13.6 but beening trying

Last edited: 26 Jun 2008
  6. Major

Major Guest

You must of been eating under 800 cals or something? It takes quite a lot to put your body into starvation status.

Anyway, I've lost loads of weight before and need to lose a little now, so here is my tips.

1) Eat a decent breakfast
    2) Restrict your carb intake (but not much i.e. 1 slice of bread for lunch)
    3) Take all white bread/pasta out of your diet, and exchange it for wholemeal etc.
    4) What ever meat you cook, try and cook it in a healthy way, I have a George Forman, so say bye bye to most of the fat.
    5) How fit are you already? If your not that fit, don't push yourself quickly.
    6) If you want to lose the weight fast, you could just eat meats/fish/veg and carbs for breakfast etc. I haven't done that yet but I'm doing it this week.
    7) No alcohol intake will make your results better

HF! :)

7. Scirocco

Scirocco Boobs, I have them, you lose.

Eat every 3 to 4 hours, 3 regular meals and a small snack at the times in between. Stick to complex carbs, lean meats, poultry, fish and other protein. Whole grained breads and pastas are good, in smaller portions. Nuts such as almonds and walnuts are great, especially a quarter-cup a bit before meals or in a snack. Don't eat the salted ones though. Vegetables are good of course, including vegetable and tomato juices. Again, watch the sodium intake. Eat reasonable portions, but don't starve yourself, that will make it worse in your energy levels. Drink lots of water and exercise! I lost 60 lbs. which of course is a bit more difficult for women to do than men. (Damn our hormones!)

Good luck!

8. pranks7er

pranks7er mange tout

Yea started the weights again and usual sit ups etc but plan to start walkin to work each day and running in mornings. holidays in a month so better get to work.

9. Major

Major Guest

Good stuff if you can run in the morning, it's what I do, and it's so much better than running later in the day.

Weights is also good, make sure you don't do a bulking routine though (as you want to put your body into a fat burning mode).

10. fwalm

fwalm Minimodder

Wear a bin liner whilst running, makes you sweat alot more. Or just go to the sauna but don't drink water whilst in it. (Not good for the body overrall but drops the weight considerable).

11. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Destroy the nearest gym, is my method. And most of the eating advice already given here is a good way to aid weight loss.

Take up Parkour, that'll keep the weight off :B

12. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

Gyms are so boring. I prefer actually doing something.

13. Major

Major Guest

And? You'll just lose more water weight which you'll regain, and more heat = less energy to use.

It was raining on Saturday, so I put a hoody on. I normally run with a t shirt in the rain. And wearing that hoody actually killed me. Won't be wearing it again + it's a sports one.

Gyms are for weights, running do it outside. You lose more cals running outside and treadmills make you run easier. You can run 4 miles on a treadmill, and 3 outside.

14. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

Somebody take my metabolism please. I've lost half a stone in a week.

15. Major

Major Guest

How much do you weigh and when did ya start?

16. liratheal

Oh, there's no argument that they're boring, but I find that if you're paying a fee to use it, then you're (Well, I use that in the 'royal you' sense, but it is very true for me) more likely to go as often as possible.

I COULD just go running or do whatever else for free - But I won't, because I am incredibly lazy. Parting with cash for a service motivates me to go make the absolute most of said service.

I can't run, full stop :p I can swim like nobodies business, and spend as long as I want on a bike, but running? Obliterates me in a scary amount of time, so I simply don't bother, and just do more of stuff I can do to counter-act the lack of running.

17. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

I'm just under 9.5 stone now. And I'm not meaning to lose it on purpose.

18. liratheal

You can have some of my excess weight if you like?

19. Daniel114

Daniel114 What's a Dremel?

I'll take it... please.

Fish, rice, vegetables, and no beer :waah:

20. pranks7er

pranks7er mange tout

dam beer and its calories!!

Tags: