1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors The Worst Car in The History of The World

Discussion in 'General' started by 666painkiller, 24 Nov 2012.

1. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Ugliest? What about the Ssangyong Rodius and Actyon?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

If 4x4 weren't incredibly expensive to buy, insure and run, I would of got one whilst I was gigging. Something like an X-Trail would have the capacity to take large amounts of musical equipment and passengers as well as function as a day to day work and social vehicle. You don't need to be a farmer to make use of a 4x4.

3. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

In terms of "worst", the worst I have driven was a Kia Picanto...
    Admittedly, it was a rental, but it had an on-off clutch (i.e. a point where it's engaged, and 1mm away it was completely disengaged), which jumped up (the pedal) whenever there was a bump in the road.
    It was also in an accident and had the passenger seatbelt torn out of the b-pillar...

4. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

Citroen Saxo.

Buit Crap, Rust Fast, Break Easily, Mostly Driven by Chav's, Crap CD Player (tape), Rubbish in an accident.

5. Krikkit

But unless you need the off-road features an equivalent estate offers at least as much room and much better cost and driving characteristics.

6. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

+1

They were frikkin hateful cars.

IFTFY :thumb:

7. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Indeed, but I would rather have a 4x4 than a wardrobe on wheels.

8. Krikkit

9. enterobsidian

enterobsidian Hopless World Wonderer

It's only redeeming feature was the fact it had four doors. I probably got the poverty spec version, which didn't help. Steering felt underwhelming, all the pedals were so soft you couldn't feel anything through them, and you felt like you were one crash away from being picked off the road with a squeegee. The joys of company rented cars.......

For some reason that reminds me of a storm trooper every time I look at it...

10. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

My parents had one as a second car when I was a kid. Funding a self build and having three kids meant money was tight so they bought a poop brown Allegro with beige interior. I can quite clearly remember thinking it was the height of luxury at the time as it had a fold down arm rest in the back. I guess your easily pleased at six years old and the arm rest was very comfortable when you were waiting at the side of the road for the AA.

Top of my list would be any courtesy car provided by a garage or insurance company. They all tend to be bottom spec, gutless heaps with no power at all.

Worst car I have driven would be a Suzuki Jimny I hired in Crete. None of the controls felt like they were attached to anything and the steering wheel was broken and only held together by the rubber outer coating so as you turned the wheel you would reach this section that just wobbled about.

11. dullonien

dullonien Master of the unfinished.

I'm very tempted to get an estate next, even though I don't need the space. Thinking of either an Audi S4 Avant, or a 330 Touring. They look great imo, a little more interesting that a saloon or coupe. There's plenty more nice looking estates out there as well.

4x4's are pointless unless needed. Most are horrible to drive (grated the £50,000+ ons are apparently very nice, but still not on par with equivalent £50,000 cars), they are overly expensive, expensive to run, bad for the environment, bad for other motorists in the event of a crash and lethal for pedestrians. The excuse parents use that they are safer for their kids is a silly one imo, because they are worse for everyone else, what's next if everyone thinks the same? Everyone going to start driving Hummer sized vehicles?

The only advantages are that they tow well, are good off-road (the proper ones are), and the seating position is higher (equalling worse driving experience) and are a status symbol. I think the Range Rover is a great bit of engineering, but I bloody hate to see them with huge alloys and low profile rubber and no tow bar, because you know exactly why the owner has bought it.

12. Prime

Prime What's a Dremel?

I like the bubble cars. lightweight, 2 seater for the masses.

My vote: Toyota Hi-ace, the motor car someone should never have invented. They use them as death traps...er taxis here. Who ever conceived it at Toyota should be made to ride in one for the rest of his life.

Picture a 30 year old van that hasnt had any maintenance for 30 years and for which there are no replacement parts including brakes and lights. Now jam 36 people into a 16 seater and add a driver who ignores every rule of the road, has no insurance and no licence.

:facepalm:

13. AmEv

AmEv Meow meow. See yall in 2-ish years!

Ugly?

Nissan Cube.

14. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

The Juke is much, much, much worse.

15. Jay88018

Jay88018 What's a Dremel?

Mine still alive and kicking 22 years after it rolled off the line :D

Lancia Beta, the car that rusted so badly, lancia started buying them all back lol

16. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

What about the Rover CityRover a rebadged Tata that was pretty much the final nail in the coffin for the company.

BTW I like the look of the Nissan Juke.

17. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

Couldn't agree more, that city rover was horrid

18. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Second gen Ford Taurus stationwagon. It's roughly equivalent to driving a bathtub pushed by a lawnmower and looks even worse.

19. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

The Chevrolet Corvair 1961, one of GM's many faillures.

[​IMG]

20. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Have to agree with that actually, probably the only time a cars build quality has made me feel genuinely scared to travel in it.