1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Theory | By Hannes ["What? Is this still on?" 22st.February.2014]

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Hannes, 29 Oct 2010.

1. Hannes

Hannes Design | Art | Performance

Love your replies! :thumb:

[​IMG]

Last edited: 24 Dec 2010
  2. cool_dude

cool_dude Minimodder

Keep it up dude :) Lookin sweet!

3. Hannes

Thank you! I've just ordered alot of MDPC-X products

30m Sleeve SMALL - COLOR-X

50st Pre-Cut Heatshrink SMALL - BLACK

1m Heatshrink SATA - BLACK

1m Heatshrink SMALL - WHITE

5m Sleeve SATA - BLACK

10m Sleeve SMALL - WHITE

5m Sleeve SATA - COLOR-X

20st Nuts Black M3

50st M3 x 5 mm Screws Black-Oxide Countersunk-Head

50st Brainwasher M3

50st M3 x 6 mm Screws Black-Oxide Button-Head

20st Snap-Caps SMALL

20st Snap-Caps MEDIUM

40st Brainwasher UNC and M4

50st UNC 6-32 Screws Black-Oxide Button-Head

10st Cable-Management-Clip SMALL - BLACK

10st Cable-Management-Clip MEDIUM - BLACK

10st Cable-Management-Clip BIG - BLACK

10st Cable-Management-Clip JUMBO - BLACK

50st Rivet Dome Head - BLACK

50st Rivet Countersunk Head - BLACK

This will be pure awesome to use. :-D

4. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Fix'd. :thumb:

5. Hannes

Hahaha! :jawdrop: As I've already stated, I love your replies!

6. Hannes

Bros! I just had to write this down. I've had some ideas and I don't want to forget them. This is going to be a Bit-tech only update. I feel like there's have to be some exclusiveness on some points in this log. :worried:

I've been thinking of my case, the Lian Li PC-8NB. There's something that's been bugging me for a while now. I'll try to describe it as good as I can in English. The fact is that the backplate is not going to fit with my idea of the construction. It looks way too normal. even the standard PCI cards in a ninety degree angle from the motherboard looks quite boring. Therefore I have decided to try me on something different and do some work on the back of the chassis and also try my hand at making a custom mounting for graphics cards using the PCI risers. But we'll see how it goes. I have a clear idea of how it should be. But it is in the current situation is impossible for me to implement. I will begin by making a custom rear and leave the PCI slots as they are. Could be that it gets a little too much going on if I would also have video cards angled.

You've probably already realized that usability is not my focus. The fact that this just happens to be a computer I'm working with will not change my flow. Although in some ways there are certain limits to remain within. There will be no place for the exhaust fan at the rear of the chassis. Instead, I intend to have two black anodized brushed aluminum sheets and cut out some interesting patterns that cover the entire backside, one sheet on the inside, and one on the outside. On the outside, there is also this part going around the motherboard's connectors and PCI slots to get the forms to flow up the inside lines. Getting everything to seemingly be a whole. The little details are incredibly important to me. Therefore, even the smallest detail is something that I try to see and change if it is not in accordance with my idea for this project. I would be more than happy if you pointed out the small details you can see that you feel are disruptive or which you think I might have missed. It may actually be that I have.

Tomorrow, that is, January 2, I will shot you some more pictures. It's also my birthday! :clap: I will celebrate it by being in the workshop and work on the case. :dremel: I will probably manage to complete the "Echo" so look out in the thread for some great final shots in a near future.

Now I came on side roads. Well, yes, we talked about the Theory now. I'm doing a - as I hope I said- a floor inside the case. I'm doing it to be able to hide the hose routing from the graphics card or reservoir 150 to make it really stealthed and linear. I will also make wide plates in brushed aluminum for the cut-out acrylic pieces I've done so far. Probably there will be two Laing D5 vario housed in the front where the acrylic almost connecting. I will also draw white LED's in the acrylic to create a soft glow that will illuminate the hardware in your computer. I've also received MDPC-X order. Now I will go ahead and sleeve all the sleeves and fix cabling and all other items.

Have a great beginning of the new year brothers! I'll see you around..

7. Razer2007

Razer2007 Building Proxima

Happy new year bro. I'll wait for the pics!! But it sounds like a real challenge ey?

8. Hannes

It's nothing like I've done before and it's sure is a personal challange. I'm using your regular power-tools, meaning a dremel-copy and a screwdriver and that's about it. I'm sanding all edges etc by hand. Even tho I'm focusing on the details of this build I want it to feel hand made.

I want this piece to reflect my personality (Guess you're all like :eyebrow: now). I'm more of an art-geek than a computer nerd. Or to be fair to all those artists out there. I'm not even an art-geek and not that interested in art persay. I'm more interested in the creative-process. Guess it got to do with my line of work and where I'm from.. I'm currently studying for a teacherdegree and I'm currently working with troubled kids in school, trying to get them through the day. For me, it's the process that's the important. The result is just an bi-product of something more giving.

Haha, :duh: I'm such a weirdo.

9. Editor22

Editor22 E22 | Hex-Gear

In case I'm not about tomorrow.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR HAAAAAAAAANNES HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU!

10. Hannes

:D

11. Razer2007

wow. nice enthusiasm. :) happy b-day Hannes!

12. Hannes

Thank yooooooou. :eek:

13. Barracuda_00

Barracuda_00 What's a Dremel?

Wooo more swedish modders to Bit-tech.

Kul att se att du hittade dig hit =)

//Cuda

14. Hannes

Tack! :)

[​IMG]

15. Razer2007

Excellent photography man! happy b-day again.

16. Hannes

17. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I do have to say, I rather like the text built into the photos, nice move.

:thumb:

18. Hannes

Even tho there's MDPC-X products and it's being built in a Lian Li and that I'm going to use an excessive amount of unnecessary Liquid-Cooling? Mankz, I'm starting to believe you're a hypocrite! ;-) Nah, just kidding. I'm really happy that you approve of my presentation! :)

19. Kojak

Kojak Who loves ya baby

Things are looking very sexy now Hannes, I like your presentation a lot too pal :thumb:

20. Hannes

Can't wait to put these things together also. :p I've finished sleeving the EPS. Now it's only.. *sigh* a lot left.