1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Columns This Isn't About Monkey Island, Honest

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 7 Mar 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

I know what led me to love games- it was the arcade.. my sister used to go to balley after school and I would have nothing to do while she was in there

so I'd usually have a couple of quarters and play pac man and donkey kong.. I got really good at those 2 games and never really stopped

damn nintendo and midway.. then there was the sf series when I got older, the number of saddle poppers I would beat on one quarter rofl remember the line of people with quarters up on the ridge and you pick them off one by one.. it was great.. now if I sucked and lost alot of quarters I bet I wouldn't love games- which is why I believe old school gamers are generally smart people if not a little obsessive.. my little theory anyways.. saddle poppers usually don't last too long cause they roid rage quit gaming forever when someone half their age makes them look like a fool.. noone likes to be made to look like a fool :D

that was public gaming.. kids nowdays will never experience, I met some friends playing in the arcade.. me and one of my best friends actually got a game taken out of the arcade cause we could beat it on one quarter- was called forgotten realms.. could beat strider on a quarter too- they kept that awhile though, lot of saddle poppers loved that game =]

3. airchie

airchie What's a Dremel?

One question... wtf is a saddle popper? :D

4. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

Tags: Add Tags