1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Three new Call of Duty games in the works

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 22 Apr 2010.

1. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

[​IMG]

Posted this before, but whatever. Moo.

2. kornedbeefy

kornedbeefy What's a Dremel?

I was becoming bored of COD series with COD2 and refused to buy COD MW2 due to no LAN play. These will be more of the same. As a PC gamer I only shake my head in dismay as crap game after crap game gets released. We will see no new jaw dropping graphics or physics/gameplay as long as developers are making cross platform titles. The last game that BLEW my mind was BF1942. That game took vehicle/foot combat to the next level in a fun way. I was addicted for 2 years.

At this point I'd be willing to shell out $100 for a fun exclusive next generation game designed exclusively for todays PC hardware. Devs/Publishers are stuck in a rutt. Its time for some to take advantage of the next gen hardware found on the PC.

3. Farting Bob

Farting Bob What's a Dremel?

COd is just too popular and profitable in the hands of a company too big and slow moving to make any sort of original game that offers something new. They could spend $100m on a game that revolves around doing paperwork for the army and it would make a profit right now. Call of Duty: Administration.

4. aron311

aron311 What's a Dremel?

Yawn, COD = Dead.

5. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Have to agree with the sentiment of this thread so far, that's a milked series for sure.

MW1 and 2 were decent efforts, even if 2 had some *serious* multiplayer issues the story and co-op were great fun. CoD5 was very disappointing, mostly because WW2 is pretty saturated by now.

6. Chombo

Chombo What's a Dremel?

I hope they rip the boxart from some EA Sports game and name it Call of Duty 2011: The Bigs. Or something.

7. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

COD : Icelandic cod wars. 1973, Soap et al are part of an elite unit stationed aboard a British trawler infiltrating Icelandic waters. Combat is limited to ramming other vessels, cutting nets and harsh language.

The sequel could have the team returning to Iceland to sort out a major debt problem plus a rather large volcano that has grounded the AC-130....

8. Mongoose132

Mongoose132 Duckmad

Pfft, where's BF3 news :l

9. Thatguy119

Thatguy119 Minimodder

All I remember about COD games was that the second ww2 was the best and MW1 was the best online game I have ever played, then agian, I might have had a sheltered upbrining game wise. However, I aggree with the milking and the lack of variety after the first modern warfare.

10. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

While i think their business practices are shambolic at best, they are a business and until people stop buying the games they will still push them out at lightning speed,

11. DriftCarl

DriftCarl Minimodder

woudlnt buy another cod game again, MW2 was my first and last. IW completly ruined that game for me. I havnt touched the game since BFBC2 went open beta.

the BFBC2 developers have actually listened to the community and have sorted out the problems that the game had. I am very happy with DICE. IW and activision should take note of what DICE has done with BFBC2. I will definatly buy BFBC3 if there is one in a few years time.

12. Sleepstreamer

Sleepstreamer I modded christmas!

Wow, never saw that coming.

13. GiantStickMan

GiantStickMan What's a Dremel?

Whilst I agree I'd rather see more original IP's than just constant re-hashes the problem you get there is that if you new franchise takes off (Assassins Creed for example), then it's doomed to a life of constant sequels too. Like someone said, game companies are a business and as long as people keep buying the sequels, they'll keep making them.
    Vote with your wallet!

14. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

You didn't like COD4? I thought that was a pretty excellent game. *Shrug*

Voila.

15. veato

veato I should be working

The system I chose to game on does not define me. I can tell a dud whether its on PC of console and given that I sold MW2 about 3 weeks after buying it will probably never buy another COD game again. Activision milking a franchise and pumping out game after game of the same tired stuff (something EA is also guilty of) is no more appealing to a console gamer than it is a PC gamer.

So drop the superiority complex. You sound like a ****

16. veato

veato I should be working

On topic I actually liked COD:MW and also the MP element of World at War (even a little bit more than MW actually). I suspect over the next 2 years we'll get MW3, World at War 2 and another 'different' title using the COD branding - RTS??

At least 2 out of the 3 will be shite.

17. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

Easy Tiger; statistically the latest CoD games will sell well in the console market. As any new CoD games will be ported to PC after being written for Xbox; from past experience, the desktop versions will be sub par.

:)

18. Dreaming

Dreaming What's a Dremel?

I enjoyed CoD4, WaW & MW2 and found all three were worth the money. I paid the same money for a lot of games that were a lot worse, so even though Activision is doing some shady stuff I think it's important to judge the games on their own merits and whether we personally find them fun. MW2 is a good example, everyone moaned about IW.net but in practice it actually worked pretty well (not perfectly, but it worked better than many games - BFBC2 server browser is always broken!! :<)

As for more, I hope each game will go by its individual merits I'm sure!

19. tron

tron What's a Dremel?

I agree with these companies: If they can continue to make money from constant sequels, then so be it. They are in a business to make money. However, I don't like the 'Police Academy' mentality of making 5,6,7 or 8 sequels until they completely bast***dize the series to the point of not being funny anymore.

20. GiantStickMan

GiantStickMan What's a Dremel?

Sequels are all well and good if they are quality or can bring something new to the formula. For example the long running Final Fantasy series, most of these games they've tried to do something new. So whilst they are up to their 13th game, I'd still be happy to see more.
    My point is just that as soon as any new IP takes off, it's bound to get a bunch of sequels and spin-offs, so whilst people are compalining that a series is being 'milked', it was once an IP too! Sadly more often than not the quality tends to go down with each new installment. Not always the case but it has been steadily becoming the norm.

Tags: Add Tags