1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Titanfall

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Weekly_Estimate, 16 Nov 2013.

1. davvy76

davvy76 Minimodder

Enjoying it on the xbone but it's very visibly only 720p and as already said it's cod but with big robots, shame you cant trash the buildings BF style. Still at least i'm not getting quick scope sniped every five seconds......yet! And its Fun! :D

2. davvy76

davvy76 Minimodder

The training mode reminded me of portal visually, was that just me?

3. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

Its fun, I'm just not sure how long it'll be fun for.

4. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

On the PC it looks really nice - updated my drivers though and forgot to switch SLI back on - I wondered why it was not hitting 60fps consistently lol :duh:

Yeah - I thought so too actually (apart from the freeform bits)

I thought the same but I think the lasting appeal will simply be for a bit of "run around and kill stuff without thinking too hard about what's going on" combined with some excellent show stopper moments from time to time (i.e. in the last game I was playing my titan was going under so I ejected only to land on a teammates titan, I hitched a ride for a bit blasting stuff before jumping off and blasting someone with my shotgun whilst mid-air :D)

Sometimes I love games that really make me think (RPGs, Civ V etc) but sometimes I just wanna make stuff go boom :thumb:

5. ferret141

ferret141 Minimodder

Thanks for mentioning that. I wouldn't have even realised it was there. No meassages or emails informing me about it.

6. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Having played about 9 rounds so far I have quite enjoyed Titanfall. This is far from beta, more like full blown demo if I am honest.

I am thinking of buying this but I don't think it will last a year for most people if I am honest.

7. GeorgeK

Having played a few rounds I think I will definitely be getting this :)

8. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Well I've played far too much of this game & cap all my upgrades & its still fun, as someone has said its a fun shooter which you can just run around have some fun and not worry about whats happening, its COD without the cheating quick scopers or campers.

its just a lot of fun bashing stuff, ripping pilots out of there titans has not got boring yet lol i just love storming in and punching the other titans lol its awesome :).

9. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

Yeah having said this I've booked a day off work tomorrow to play (just to make sure!)

10. GeorgeK

I particularly love it when my titan is just about to go down storming at the enemy, punching them a good one and then ejecting. It's especially good when you're using the tank titan with nuclear eject - I've killed at least one titan that way hahaha

11. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

I started playing it because... why not?

I was pleasantly surprised, the Titans present a great extra dimension to the FPS genre. I don't know if I'll get it yet but at the moment it seems pretty fun. I always like the Sci-fi themed games like this.

The graphics are a little disappointing on the PC though, i've got it at max everything and the textures still look a little... blurry.

12. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

So, the 'open' Beta is now full, so now even the phrase Open Beta is just marketing speak in EA land.

Also, the game crashes my computer on attempting to join a game or enter training. Locks it completely and a reset's needed, no Source game has ever done that to me, Battlefield fricking 4 has never done that to me.

#Edit, well, turning all the settings to low fixes the freeze problem. Now it looks like Halo 2 with a grey filter, can't wait to get my pre-order in!

~Edir 2, It looks like a Half Life 2 mod actually.

Last edited: 17 Feb 2014
  13. DIZZY DAZZLER 2010

DIZZY DAZZLER 2010 Tech nut!

I must admit I am really enjoying this beta. Its running so well on my PC I cant wait for the full game. Also got the xbox one version but i hate the slowdown, hence i will buy it on the pc.

Nice break from BF4.

14. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

Went into this with a cynical outlook, but I'm really enjoying the beta. Very slick gameplay, very satisfying and easy to get into; and the movement and combat are really fluid.
    The titans don't feel as gimmicky as I expected them to and they add some variety to the pacing and flow of the matches.
    The weird mixture of PvE and PvP gameplay by filling the match with grunts/bots actually works far, far better than I expected it to. It lends a feeling of a proper battle to the environment, akin to Battlefield, even though the environments are quite 'arena'-like.

It doesn't feel very 'next-gen', though. No environment destruction, graphics that you can tell have been held back for the sake of cross-generation, multi-platform development, and so on.
    On the other hand, the user interface is slick and just works; has a similar feel to it as other Source engine games.

Note: On a high-end rig the game will default everything to 'high' - If you've got a meaty card, don't forget to set the textures to 'insane'.
    Anything less than 'insane' looks like something from 2008.

15. Darkwisdom

That's my problem here, it feels so old fashioned. Having titans is fun but not being able to blow up the environment is a missed chance for them. The graphics man... I set them to insane but seriously they still look like an older game. Even the first crysis looked better.

16. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

The graphics could be a lot better but I didn't find them offensive, the lack of destructible buildings was a missed trick though. That being said the game is a lot of fun and there's a lot more to it than the snore fest that is Cod these days.

17. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

I think EA/Respawn missed a trick by not using Frostbite in this game, bit of a shame but the core gameplay is still good fun.

I shall be buying this!

18. Darkwisdom

What like the catastrophe that is BF4? I think basing it on either engine would still make it pretty mediocre.

At the moment though, I'm still finding it fun.

19. TrevDX

TrevDX Ah Who Cares Anyway???

I played a few rounds last night and enjoyed what I played, I don't think that me playing with a 360 controller (for comfort) hindered me as I seemed to play well but still don't know if I really want to pay £35 (from Amazon) for it on release :/

20. Darkwisdom

That's my beef with it. £35-£40 for a PC game? It leaves a sour taste in my mouth, especially since they give you such a big beta.