1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors TomTom audio over bluetooth from mobile phone, Voice calls work, but TomTom ?

Discussion in 'General' started by RickDawson, 24 Sep 2008.

1. RickDawson

RickDawson Minimodder

I'm not sure where I should have posted... here (car headunit relation) or the tech support (trying to get something to work), or in where the portable tag is (mobile phone link)

I have just had a new Audio head unit installed in my car and I have managed to get almost everything of it working perfectly.
    It has my iPod attached, and it will do phone voice calls over bluetooth.

I would like to get it to have the TomTom audio from my mobile (T-Mobile Vario III (HTC kaiser/P4550)) ( https://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/mobile-phones/phones/pay-monthly/t-mobile/mda-vario-iii/overview/ ) over bluetooth, thus muting/lowering the volume of the music and giving the instruction.

The only audio that will play on the car unit, is voice calls.
    How can I get everything else to do this (especially TomTom)?

The head unit is this:
    http://www.kenwood-electronics.co.uk/produ...T8041U/details/

I've now worked out the conditions of what will and will not work...

Car headunit is in iPod mode (full control of my iPod from the headunit):
    iPod and bluetooth phonecalls can be heard.
    iPod gets automatically muted/paused for the phonecall.
    any other audio source (inc non phonecall bluetooth audio (ie Tom-Tom) from kaiser) won't be heard.

Car headunit is in aux (line in) mode:
    all audio from mobile (via line in, using usb adaptor on the mobile) can be heard perfectly.
    Tom-Tom can be heard clearly over any other audio playing from mobile.
    iPod cannot be played or controlled.

Car headunit is in bluetooth audio mode.
    same as aux (line in) mode, but over bluetooth.

this boils down to:
    Bluetooth "phonecalls" will interrupt anything playing on headunit and do the phonecall hands free over the headunit with bluetooth.

Bluetooth "audio" won't interrupt anything playing on the headunit, and will only be heard through the headunit when in bluetooth "audio" is selected.

Can anyone help me further?

2. bixie_62

bixie_62 Minimodder

What you need to get is a multifunction adapter from ebay which will allow you to plug in headphones, take this as a line out to aux in of the head unit and you should have the audio playing

www.xda-developers.com

head over to there and in your device specific forum your more likely to get a response thats more specific

good luck

Tags: