1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watercooling Tygon Tubing ?'s

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kraemer, 19 Feb 2013.

1. Kraemer

Kraemer What's a Dremel?

Okay so here's my update. I received my Biocide and immediately started to run my system with it to clean her out. Did it for a few days and then decided to get the new tubing in and coolant. But first I have to take apart the water blocks to clean them since they still had metallic crap in there and that did not wanna come out.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So I took apart all the blocks and cleaned them out, also took apart the reservoir to clean it's threads. I will never buy a coolant with metallic crap in it again. Next is the tubing.

[​IMG][​IMG]

And I will never buy plain tygon ever again. Much MUCH harder to get the damn fittings on this tubing compared to plasticizer free tygon. Looks great, feels great, definitely stronger against kinks compared to plasticizer free but it is a bitch to get these EK fittings on.

Now comes the fun part. I did a leak test and one fitting leaked on the reservoir that got loosened when putting her together, easy fix. After the test I got the coolant in there.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Looks great, until I noticed the extremely slow leak coming from my CPU water block. So I spent hours taking her apart and putting her back together but the gasket just wouldn't wanna work properly anymore. So after many trys one of the screws finally stripped the acrylic threads. Doesn't leak in the stripped spot, does in the adjacent corner but I will not use it now or try to fix it. Now I am just running the stock air cooler for the time being.

[​IMG]

Also having some issues with the mobo 24pin connector. So I did a temporary fix until I can get that sorted out. Process created more problems then solving green tubing. >.<

Anyways I will probably purchase this water block next for the CPU.

http://www.ekwb.com/shop/blocks/cpu-blocks/ek-supremacy-elite-intel-115x.html
    [​IMG]

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I found it really difficult to get my EK sealed back up after dismantling it too - very poor design!

3. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

Can't go wrong with that block mate I've been running one for a while now. Coolant looks great

4. Kraemer

Kraemer What's a Dremel?

Yeah the funny thing is that the GPU's went back together fine. But the CPU's gasket could be set-up much better. I blame the metallic crap for this though :) No metallic, no tear down of blocks.

That's what I am hoping for, and thanks.

5. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Not blaming you, but in fairness, they do make it very clear to you that Mayhems Aurora is only for show systems:

"Aurora is "NOT" made for use in a home system. It has been developed for show System's (modding) and Photo work. If looking for a fluid for a Home system / Gaming system please use Mayhems X1 or Mayhems Pastel range of fluids there are fully tested and working in any kind of loop."

6. Kraemer

Kraemer What's a Dremel?

You kind of blamed me, but I am to blame since I bought it and put it in my system. Although I only said I blamed the coolant as a joke out of my anger for having something this stupid happen to me, that is my fault. I'll point the finger at myself. But to others out there, note this experience for yourselves.