1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Unit-System! Updated into HTPC GD07 Silverstone

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by exexs, 23 Mar 2012.

1. exexs

exexs What's a Dremel?

I was confuse too, in the sense that my pump is really at the bottom of the case, I could not figure out how can it run dry (except for really small bubles)

BTW, my Santa's gift is on his way :D (my 360 EK rad and some fitting for the gpu^^)

2. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

if you absolutely must just put a valve and t-fitting on the pump for a filler-thingy. or use common sense and make sure the line leading to the pump inlet is BELOW the water line.
    i may be lacking in common sense everywhere else(maybe that last shot of taquela WASNT a such a good idea *cough* FLOOR *cough*:lol:) but i have the utmost consideration and forethought when it comes to tech.

and really small bubbles can be caused by the pump having to pull against t much gravity, leading to cavitation. that can only be fixed by shortening the loop height and/or putting more pumps in series intervals/ key locations in the loop to reinforce the loop. that in and of itslef should be done anyway, imho, due to the added benefit of redundancy. :)

Last edited: 26 Dec 2012
  3. exexs

exexs What's a Dremel?

Thanks for that! That is exactly why I post my modd, to get more insight than what I have in store myself :duh:

But time for UPDATE

I just got my new GPU and the waterblock for it!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Did you guess for wich GPU is it??
    The answer is...
    [​IMG]
    ... 660GTX !

Last edited: 28 Dec 2012
  4. exexs

exexs What's a Dremel?

Update :rock:

I also cut the front of the case to integrate my 360 rad!
    As you can see, it as damaged the painting, so I'll have to repaint the case (as I expected) even thaugh I used some painter tape to protect my cut.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll polish the cut and repaint the case! I'm also working on acrylic front (update soon)

If you guys have any tips to finish well my cut, let me know :D

Last edited: 28 Dec 2012
  5. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

sexy case frame is sexy :D :naughty:

6. exexs

exexs What's a Dremel?

Here some pictures of the GPU I got for my Xmas, from my girlfriend :rock:

[​IMG]

BTW, she's edditing all my pictures (with photoshop), here is a link to her blog where she explains some stuff she does with photoshop and some drawing :blush: http://capicolor.wordpress.com/ (I do some advertising for her :D)

And...happy new year everyone! :clap:

7. Pranja

Pranja Blackwolf

Nice GPU.

But I think there is one problem-that card has custom PCB and I am afraid that is not compatible with block. Have you checked that?

8. exexs

exexs What's a Dremel?

On the EK website they say it is compatible! So yeah I've checked but not in practice yet.. Will try in a few days.. I hope the EK website says right.. XD

9. Pranja

Pranja Blackwolf

So,MSi just just extended the PCB leaving electronics the same as referent model?
    Good,I didn't know that. Thx for info.
    :D

10. exexs

exexs What's a Dremel?

When you look at the pcb, electronics is the same, and on the extended part you just have some condensators (and the rest of the extended pcb is empty) i think they did that mostly for the rad/fan system twinfrost. Which is pretty "big" for a modest gpu like the 660GTX! But again, I haven't try yet, I'll get you some pictures when putting the gpu under water :)

11. exexs

exexs What's a Dremel?

Hello!
    Update time
    Some pictures of me while cutting the front pannel! :dremel: It's acrylic 5mm and I'm using a Dremel! (What's a dremel?) I had to cut some holes for the fixation of the front panel and for the fans (3x120mm)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm sanding down and polishing the panel and I'll show you the final result soon! :clap:

BONUS: my crazy face :naughty::eeek::worried:

12. exexs

exexs What's a Dremel?

Hello!
    Still cuting some panels myself!
    For long, straight line cut, I used the jigsaw... and it's much better than a dremel! :thumb:
    As you can see, the cut is just near perfect (or at least, I'm really happy with it!)

[​IMG][​IMG]

I still have some panels to cut, and some stuff to do on the case, I'll show it to you later! And then, everything will be ready for painting again..
    I'm also waiting my orders, with the holiday season (Xmas, New Year,..) the delivery is kinda slow... :waah:

13. k.3nny

k.3nny Minimodder

Nice!

14. exexs

exexs What's a Dremel?

Always here for optimistic support! :D love it x)

Small update

[​IMG]

Front panel is done, and ready for the EK XTX360 x) (still waiting for it btw)
    and the back of the case is ready for some 80mm fan!

I never understood why there is no fans in the bottom of the case! I know the heat is going up, but when you put your hand, you can feel the heat stuck because of the GPU. (of course you can put your PSU the other way around to extract the hot air but I prefer it to take air from outside)

So, I have always wanted a fan instead of the pci-e slots (which will never be used as I don't go multi GPU)

I'm glad my project is progressing, even if it is slow! And I know it's not as a big deal as almost everything else you can find on bit-tech, so many thanks for followers and comments! :rock:

and now.. ready for painting again! x)

15. WhatTheTech

WhatTheTech Macmodder Addict

Looking great - I'm excited to see how this turns out!

Bon courage!

16. exexs

exexs What's a Dremel?

Hello, long time no see! :clap:

I "more or less" finished my project long time ago, but never posted the final pics, I'll do it soon though.

But, as life changes, needs change too, and I do not play computer games so much anymore, so my project is evolving into something different... HTPC :rock:

Yes, I'll be using old components (CPU/MB/GPU), upgrade some (PSU, HDD, SSD, chassis) and make myself a perfect watercooled HTPC (or I hope so!)

The challenge here: integrate the watercooling into an HTPC case Silverstone GD-07, and especially the XSPC RX360 which is... big!

Here is a really quick preview of the inside of the case...

[​IMG]

New arrivals

[​IMG]

As always guys, comments, help, any participation into my thread is really appreciated and I'm more than thanktful :D

Last edited: 24 Aug 2015