1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notebooks Upgrade Pentium Dual Core to Core 2 Duo

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Moyo2k, 11 May 2009.

1. Moyo2k

Moyo2k AMD Fanboy

Is it possible to eventually upgrade the Pentium Dual Core in the Samsung R510 FAAFUK to a Core 2 Duo? I know this may cause cooling problems but I just want to know if its possible
    Ty in advance!

2. bagman

bagman Minimodder

it is possible if you can take your laptop apart and get to where the cpu is situated, you might wan ttio check with the manufacturer if it is alright to take the laptop apart and that you won't break any warrenties and stuff like that

3. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

First and foremost, you'd have to check with the manufacturer to see whether your motherboard actually supports C2D CPUs. It may just need a BIOS update for it to recognise it if not.

Out of interest, what is the current CPU you are using, and what are you looking to upgrade to?

4. Pieface

Pieface Modder

Lol I'd be suprised if any company wouldn't void a warranty if you change the processor.

5. Turbotab

Turbotab I don't touch type, I tard type

The difference between the Pentium dual-core and Core 2 duo laptop parts are only slightly more cache and a faster FSB. Unless you can get the CPU really cheap, it would hardly be worth the bother. Also, if the you slot in a faster FSB CPU, your motherboard may not support it.
    A cheaper alternative would be to use Clockgen or Setfsb to overclock your lappy.

Last edited: 11 May 2009