1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Valve linked to possible 'Steam Box' console

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 5 Mar 2012.

1. chemo

chemo True Jungle Brother

they would have to get the price right and provide ways of upgrading it over time.

2. SoulRider

SoulRider What's a Dremel?

Valve have been hyping up their big screen mode for a long time. This is obviously going to be used to promote that.

Steam slow downloads? Well, as mentioned, change your steam download server.

3. Roskoken

Roskoken What's a Dremel?

Yes!

More product saturation!

Thats EXACTLY what gamers want.

4. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

6h 30m to download MW3 regardless of time of day or what server I connect to, BF3 takes around 10 - 15 minutes.

As for the cheaters go and play any game of Call Of Duty and see just how much VAC does not work at banning people, I know for a fact I could go and get a cheat and use it for year after year on a game and never get banned, but I won't use one because I don't need to and also I don't want to spoil other peoples games.

Also forgot to add in this that Steams prices are a joke, seen games on there for nearly double the price of what they are in shops.

5. Jack_Pepsi

Jack_Pepsi Clan BeeR Founder

I don't want a Valve console. I don't want any console.

I don't think they'll release one, I think it'll be some form of peripheral.

6. Lankuzo

Lankuzo CPC Refugee

I think it would be a good idea and here's why.

Game developers claim its harder to code a game for pc as there are to many variables. Many many combinations of hardware and os's. Valve making a standard system built from what is basically high end pc components only makes it easier for developers. They then have something to aim at. Console games are ported to pc because of this lack of unison in gaming computers. So if they can make a game to run on a valve box it's pretty much certain it'll run on a desktop pc with similar spec.
    I think it's a step in the right direction for pc gaming anyway as long as they keep the price down.

With upgrades I wouldn't think you would need to upgrade that often as pc hardware is still way more powerfull than any console on the market or in development.

I personally would get one for the bedroom or living room and with the steam cloud I could easily stop playing a game on my dedicated pc and then carry on the same game on a valve box under the tv.

7. sub routine

sub routine Archie Gemel

if it was multi platform it`d be ace, it wont. It`s pretty much a pc innit? Ive got one thanks.

8. ssj12

ssj12 Minimodder

There is half your issue. You are playing COD. Also, Pricing? Wait for Steam sales...

9. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

10. Deders

Deders Modder

11. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Please read thread before posting :)
    Thanks.

12. Deders

Deders Modder

I wondered where I got that from...:duh: had posted it on facebook after seeing it here, and vice verse.

Tags: Add Tags