Linux Ventrilo

Discussion in 'Software' started by MiLwOrkZ, 12 Sep 2006.

1. MiLwOrkZ

MiLwOrkZ What's a Dremel?

So I have searched the WEB through and through... and have not found anything that will allow me to utilize ventrilo in a functional manner. I know they probably wont release a linux version... ugggh :eyebrow: . So was wondering if any of you chaps knew a way to at least get vent installed and at least... allow me to play music over a vent server. :thumb:

Kthnx,
    VonZeppelin.

<Suse 10.1 Gnome>

2. Glider

Glider /dev/null

Since noone has responded...

I have never used ventrillo (or any VoIP for that matter), but if you have a Windows "exe" for it you could try to install in in wine. It's a bit of hit and miss, some things work, others don't... Just try it.

3. JuMpErFLY

JuMpErFLY Minimodder

I got it working under wine, but was very unstable and I didn't test trasmission, could hear others though. There are guides on the web, you have to copy over a codec into the wine windows folder. I gave up trying to get it to work well.

4. MiLwOrkZ

MiLwOrkZ What's a Dremel?

Yeah... it is near to impossible to get vent to work in linux.. /sigh but... i am going to keep trying... i finally got the push button to work in a non wine installation... but for some reason they cant hear me... but when i have it on senstivity it is on all the time... when it is set to like 150.... so...

i will keep trying and get back to you if i get it :D

5. JuMpErFLY

JuMpErFLY Minimodder

heh, good luck with that :p
    look forward to your reply :D

Tags: