1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Wall-E - Evolution - 290712 - fresh Paint

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by thechoozen, 10 Apr 2011.

1. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

I'm loving this, it's brilliant.

2. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

thanks a lot m8´s!!!

it´s time for an update :D

in the last days we were really busy coming from this picture

[​IMG]

to this....

[​IMG]

the building process was nearly the same like the first arms....but with a few important changes....
    this time we took a solid wood rod, cutted it into 2 pieces and drilled a big hole through them...
    then we inserted the prepared brass rod so that it can spin the wood rod with the attached hand....

The Upper arm just gets an additional pocket where we will add the motor / servo for the movement....

For opening and closing the hands we decided to use a simple cable which will be pushed/pulled by a servo ....it will be routed through the brass tube so that we don´t get any problems with the rotating function.....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

before we could start the painting process we had to make an adapter which makes it easier to connect the arm to the rest of the case.....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

after that we could start to paint them....(painting process not finished...:D)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Waynio likes this.
  3. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Sad to hear things went pear shaped, but happy your back onto this, it's awesome. :D:rock:

Flipping complex project, nice progress. :D

4. abbas-it

abbas-it We came, we saw, we mod, you awe!

hey blassies, how you guys doing, i love this mod. it will we be seeing WALLE in August again?
    i hope so, my niece really thinks she is seeing the birth of WALLE here and keeps asking me whether
    he can walk or talk yet. :)
    i love your airbrush work, keep it up guys

5. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

thanks m8´s!!!

we´re hoping that we get everything finished until then, but up to now it really looks like we could finish it on time :thumb:

In the last days we already continued the work on it, so we´re already a step ahead than shown in this new video....but we don´t wanted to with withhold it so here is the video: of the first tests of the new functions which we added to the arms....

6. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Becoming a fully functional robot. :jawdrop::clap:

7. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

yeah :D we´re trying to get to that point :thumb:

and the mechanical part already works well (some minor problems, but they will be fixed soon)
    and for the software system we´re trying to combine everything with some telepresence functions to make the whole system controlable over wifi/internet

8. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

Time for the next update!

In the last few weeks we finished the painting process of the arms....beside that we also overworked the top of our Wall-E just to add a few small details....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

here is a pic which shows the differences between the old and the new arms....it´s not much...but the few cm more were really important....

[​IMG]

We also add some paint to the I/O Panel....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and started to work on some covers for the inside of the case....they should cover the axes of our Wall-E and prevent lose cables from winding around them....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Going the extra distance on making this incredible, awesome modding. :jawdrop::rock::dremel:

10. Scrappy

Scrappy Mod in progress!

I really loved the first one and now your making it better :jawdrop: well done guys its coming along nicely!

11. digitalerr0r

digitalerr0r What's a Dremel?

i think this guy made the ironman suit

12. madmaik[D]

madmaik[D] What's a Dremel?

Don´t worry, he builds only some Wall-Es :D

He need´s him for claening the DCMM Area after the Livemodding Event on the Gamescom next Month :D