1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cases Watercooled CM Cosmos II Build (Pics on Page 3)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Zurechial, 5 Apr 2012.

1. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

The Coolermaster Cosmos 2 is in my opinion the best case on the market at the moment.. would love to build a new setup with it but A) i dont the cash B) I dont play enough games to warrant that kinda money spending on a computer anymore.

2. BennieboyUK

BennieboyUK CPC Folder of the Month Sep 2011

The Elysium is a brilliant case to work with, for the money you can't get better... but... would I sell it to the postman and buy a CM C2, yes, tomorrow.

3. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Problem solved :thumb:

urobulos likes this.
  4. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

Alright, you all failed miserably despite your best efforts. I tried to order the case and my card was declined due to insufficient funds. :hehe:
    Once the transfer goes through (seriously; why is it not instant from my current account to my mastercard within the same goddamn bank in this day and age?) I'll be ordering it.

An investment.
    An investment that will give me the room to actually put an optical drive in my main rig again and mount the hard drives in proper drive cages instead of fixing them to the sides of the case with zip ties..

5. xxxsonic1971

xxxsonic1971 W.O.T xxxsonic1971

get an antec 1200, best case by far......................

6. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

I respectfully and very firmly disagree.

7. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

lol

8. xxxsonic1971

lol, i must have bad taste then haha

9. j4mi3

j4mi3 What's a Dremel?

its not bad. its much smaller than it looks which means its a pain to work in. id like it to have more/better placed cable management holes, and the overall quality could be better. i dont have too many gripes about it.

what dont you like?

10. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

It's just in a different league really. Zurechial is after a premium high end case that'll last for a decade. The 1200 is not that, espically when you factor in the HAF X does it better and the ATCS 840 is better and looks way better. The 1200 just doesn't fit in anywhere any more...

11. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

Pretty much this. I don't dislike the Antec 1200, but I wouldn't stretch as far as to call it a great case, nevermind the best case. :p
    It has some strengths, but the whole Antec x00 series reeks of 'budget gamer' and it isn't quite geared towards internal watercooling the way that cases like the Cosmos 2, Switch 810 and their ilk are.

Plus, I'm looking for a case with either solid or plexi-window side panels, not mesh panels. That's one of my biggest issues with the Stacker 830 - A huge amount of the case is 'open' with mesh surfaces, which is bad for dust and bad for noise.
    My current build would be almost silent in a more enclosed case, but in the Stacker 830 too much of the little noise there is escapes through all that mesh.

I like some 'Gamer'/industrial-style cases like the Silverstone Raven series or CM Stacker/Storm series for their aesthetics but I still like it to be done in a somewhat classy way; unlike most NZXT or Thermaltake cases, for instance.
    On the other hand, while I'm glad that there are plain-refridgerator-style cases like the Antec P280s and their ilk for people who prefer classy minimalism, it's just not for me.

In fact, I'd love if the Raven RV-01 didn't suck for watercooling. I absolutely love the aesthetics of that case, but watercooling it to the standards that I want just wouldn't be feasible without doing horribly clunky external radiators from what I've seen.

The Cosmos 2 is a compromise of sorts for me between styling and functionality. A very expensive compromise, but as an investment it'll hopefully be worth it. I don't change cases very often.

12. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

That NZXT isn't bad. The Cosmos 2 costs a small damaged kidney. Way too much.

Although having seen it in person. I drooled a bit.

13. j4mi3

j4mi3 What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

14. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Well I have got a new res for my waterloop, as the bay res was just annoying.

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/49/20120407133043.jpg

Still the only thing that annoys me about the case is the fact you cannot put a 60mm rad in the roof, but it can fit in the bottom if you have a power supply like the Coolermaster Silent M I think it is I have, and aslong as you remove the hdd cages in the bottom of the case.

15. expat

expat What's a Dremel?

coolermaster cosmos s is a great case for watercooling and you can pick it up for less than 100 quid now

16. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I had the Cosmos S when they were new and it was a good case.

17. xxxsonic1971

cosmos looks like a big toaster

krishan likes this.
  18. dirky90

dirky90 Minimodder

i agree with the last comments, buy a cosmos s. they are cheap and fulfil your spec, (you will save £200 which is a tastey mobo or psu etc), has the space you need whilst not being the size of a bus. it would be rude not to.

no one has mentioned the haf series if you like the look of tanks (may be loud tho)

in summary i was v v v v disappointed by the cosmos 2 due to the size and cost.

19. Noob?

Noob? What's a Dremel?

LOL, was just about to say ask damien c!

20. j4mi3

j4mi3 What's a Dremel?

but some people want massive cases. i think that is a personal gripe tbh. i love the fact its the size of a bus. and the cost is reflected in the quality

that being said i havent actually used it. im going by pics and reviews