Cooling Watercooling help please!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by daniel_owen_uk, 8 Jan 2004.

1. daniel_owen_uk

daniel_owen_uk What's a Dremel?

Ok got some cash together so gonna complete my watercooling rig this month (woohoo).

Anyway I am a slight water noob so not sure on a few bit.

Firstly I have already got a 1/2 DD Res and a 1/2 BIX, so I need 2 blocks (cpu & gfx), a pump, and some tubing.

CPU Block I am thinking white water cascade.

GPU DD Maze 4

Pump no a scooby? Possibly Hydor Seltz L30 or Maybe a Eheim 1250, I want to keep it pretty much all in the case so would prefer a small (dimension pump).

Tubing Tygon.

What adatives should I be using?

Mainly want advice on pump as I am pretty much decided on everything else.

2. Theo

Theo What's a Dremel?

The L30 is supposedly quite small in comparison to the eheim pumps, although I'm pretty sure you can fit a 1250 in any standard atx case out there. I managed to fit one into my PC65, along with a Thermochill 120.2 :)

Additives - De-ionised water + tiny amount of Redline Water wetter.

3. olv

olv he's so bright

look at the new swiftech pump. i've heard very good things about it. Dunno what the model is but it should be pretty easy to find.

4. daniel_owen_uk

Swiftech MCP600 looks good, and its 12v too so no relay needed, I was considering that too.

Only thing is I haven't seen many reviews on that, and its more expensive than an eheim.

5. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

go for a Cascade there great damn shame your a smiggin to late for the cascade SS order

Urm the Maze 4 is a good block will serve its purpose well

and as for pumps Eheim are very good although theres only 1 in the 12v flavour still good pumps.

6. daniel_owen_uk

Ok got all my kit together and am running leak test, only problem is I keep getting tiny air bubbles on the inside of my tubing, I have been running the pump with the rad top off but they keep reforming, is it just a case of keeping it running till they are gone?

Anyone got any tips?

Tags: