1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors What do you drive? - The Photo Gallery

Discussion in 'General' started by :: Phat ::, 28 Jul 2003.

1. JADS

JADS Et arma et verba vulnerant

Mine:

[​IMG]

My first car :D

2. TMM

TMM Modder

i don't have a car yet as im only 14 (well 13 and 364days :hehe: )
    but my dad has a 2002 Holden VY Commodore "S" and my mum drives a 2001 Holden TS Astra (same as the opel ones)

:thumb:

3. micb

micb Minimodder

He he, I had an Sony Xplode 12 exactly like that 4 years ago it was in a 1 cubic foot sealed.

I only ever ran it with a 150 WRMS and it still got pritty loud, how does your sound with 450 WRMS?

BTW Is that velcro right across one of the subwoofer ports?

If it is you may well getting extra port nose and a reduction of SQ with it acoss the vent mouth.

[​IMG]

4. lamcdonald

lamcdonald What's a Dremel?

The sticker on my car is my company logo :D I'm in the process of setting up a computer repair/customisation (modding) business, it will be called LAM Design. I did most of the car mods too, so I put a sticker on :p

micb:

This one is a 15" in 2.8 cubic feet :) I've never pushed it too hard, except when I first installed the system and nearly blew the sub on first test... How loud? Well, let's put it this way: I once took the car to an industrial estate and parked 100m away from the nearest building... Within 1 minute several people stopped work and came out of the building to see where the noise was coming from :lol:

The red straps are actually about 4" in front of the edge of the ports, they vibrate a bit if I turn it up, but probably not enough to cause any problems :) At the moment I have the ports blocked as the SQ wasn't good with the speaker cone moving too much :/ The sub was designed for a 1.4 cu.ft sealed enclosure :blush:

5. micb

micb Minimodder

May I ask who built the enclosure?

Come to think of it if I remember correctly the specs on the some of those Xplode LS series subwoofers were only to be used in sealed enclosures only.

2.8 cubic foot is probebly quite a good size for those older Xplode 15's they quite like low Qtc enclosures, it gives them quite a bit better low end.

6. TeAaKa

TeAaKa What's a Dremel?

(Rover) Mini Cooper Sports 1.3i bout 90bhp

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Slick13

Slick13 What's a Dremel?

Man i so want a mini they are great fun to drive round and handle like go karts. (so i have been told) seeing as i'm 6'4 i can't see me ever getting one without mooving the back seats out and the drivers one back by a few feet.

*sighs

guess i will have to stick to me mk2 golf gti 16 valver then..........

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

nice mini motor by the way

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

8. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Really? Im 6'4 too and didnt find it too bad actually!

9. TeAaKa

TeAaKa What's a Dremel?

i'm only a short a$$ at 5ft 11inch but thers actual plenty of room in the front 2 seats, aslong as the pushed right back. I've had me mate in abck and hes 6ft 2. Only thing is thou ur ankles tend to ache after a while coz ur constantly got em at uncomfie angles unless there flat on floor. Which i usualy my fav postion for em esp on the accelerator :)

10. :: Phat ::

:: Phat :: Oooh shakalaka!

Nice, I'd love a clean mini cooper for messing about it.....

"cos it's a self preservation society...."

11. Iceman

Iceman Staff

No I haven't but as Haz will attest, I've always been able to drive rather well even in normal cars. I certainly have no problems pushing this to its limits either :)

12. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Got to say the VX doesnt look out of place against the rest of the family runabouts.
    Looks very nice.

Just out of interest which car does you dad drive the most when he just wants a good blast.

13. Iceman

Iceman Staff

Well the GT2 is not a car for a wet day, the 2004 one pumps out over 470bhp with no traction control or other driver aids :) The GT2 is just for some fun at the weekends. He drives an XKR 4.2 as his everyday car.

14. TeAaKa

TeAaKa What's a Dremel?

I spent over 5hrs cleaning that car. But that was full t-cut, autoglym and chrome work done and polished.

but i usally spend bout 1hr a week cleaning it, but thats just car wax and the chrome work which really needs looking after! gotta beat the rust.

15. Slick13

Slick13 What's a Dremel?

yeah getting in is the easy bit.....

it the driving and getting out thats hard seeing as 6'4 also means size 13 feet and mini does not like them plates of meat being pressed into its bodywork.

16. TeAaKa

TeAaKa What's a Dremel?

o yeah thats it, they do handle like the bizz but not at low speeds!

Without power sterring or even assisted steering if u carnt get ur car in like first time(which i think i have perfected) in parking bays. U can be left with a small work out. Comming home form the gym after a hard workout on upper body, i could gardly turn the wheel to back out of the bay. took me about 10-15 secs put opposite lock on were as a modern car would of been like 2 secsonds! But i love it! wen i drive me dads merc or sister 206 i find it weird as it feels like its a game. Coz of cable clutch and powered steering.

1 last thing, Anyone know where(uk) u can get those handles for ur steering wheel. U see ppl with strokes have em.

17. :: Phat ::

:: Phat :: Oooh shakalaka!

Try getting in and out of a VX like icemans :) all I'll say is I'm glad you can take the roof off!!!!

18. lamcdonald

lamcdonald What's a Dremel?

I designed, built and installed the whole system :) First (and only to date) system I ever worked on :D

That's correct... Supposed to be a 1.4 cu.ft sealed box. :blush: Mine works fine, just a bit more cone movement than it was designed for. I don't use it often and I don't push it hard, so it should be OK... I hope! :worried:

19. Monster

Monster What's a Dremel?

94 Ford Mustang Gt Convertible
    in black

(yes I know fords are crap. But at least it's pretty)

20. Providence

Providence What's a Dremel?

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan
    2.2L Inline 4cyl 140bhp@wheels
    Automatic ( :blah: )
    4 door
    CD Player
    Tanabe Style Muffler (2.5" piping)
    AEM Cold Air Intake

Coming in 2006: turbo @ 14psi, Venom fuel rails (fuel pump and air intake manifold too), 15" black w/polished lips rims, body kit from Razzi, lowering springs and struts, new seats (Corbeau)
    :baby:
    Two words: graduation money :naughty: