1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the best / easiest country to migrate to?

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Cthippo, 14 Jul 2006.

1. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

That sounds similar to the rolling blackouts that plague California and the West coast, especially during the summer.

Again, the U.S. isn't without similar events. During the hot summers, many parts of the Southwest face similar restrictions on water usage.

I'm not going to argue that people in the U.S. aren't more privileged than other countries. For the most part, I agree that we are. I just don't think it's necessarily a bad thing. As long as we understand it, and do our part to increase the standard of living in other countries, then being privileged isn't necessarily bad.

-monkey

2. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Riluve is right: before we judge which countries enjoy a priviliged lifestyle, you have to define what "priviliged" means.

Everybody can be deprived, for a given value of "deprived". But as long as we have clean water on tap (literally) and never have to go hungry, can keep warm in winter and dry in the rain, we're doing rather well already.

Of course, not everybody lives like that, even in the affluent West, and you have to factor that in also. On the estates in the UK for instance, there are people who do not have clean water on tap, and who do go hungry. The resources are there, but they cannot afford to access them. Instead of people mediapathically dying on the dusty, sun-baked plains, people die unseen in their bedsit from hypothermia, quietly in the back corner of an overstretched NHS ward, prematurely as an anonymously statistic because they had the bad luck growing up, living and working in an economically deprived area. Deprivation comes in many hidden guises, as well as blatantly obvious ones.

3. Ener

Ener What's a Dremel?

you could prolly move to australia not doing anything considering so many people here do it... or if they try to kick you just bitch that its against your religon and rights as an american
    no but really if you can do any skill of if you work in the us army you might be able to get over here remember that 50% of parents in australia arnt australian (apprently)

(*rant*
    how come they can make me take my undershirt off because it isnt standart white, but they are not aloud to make someone with a necklace or headscarf to take that off even tho it is against workplace health and safty? gah just angry)

4. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Holy cow! This isn't just a thread revival, it's a recusitation!

Ok, in case anyone was wondering, I'm still stuck in the US, however I'm going to school to become a Certified Nursing Assistant which is the first step to becoming a Registered Nurse. I've also gotten my Emergency Medical Technician certification since this thread was started and so I'm well on my way to a transferrable career that will help me get into the country of my choice. :thumb:

p.s. Australia is still at the top of my list.

5. apoogod

apoogod trix arent just for kids

Your name isnt Gaylord Focker by any chance? :D

6. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

7. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

Morocco and most Sub-Saharan states.

Take a wild guess at what nation is the most difficult to enter.

8. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

new zealand must be easy to get into, theres a fair few foreigners in the 4 million national population

9. Cthippo

My understanding is that NZ, like Switzerland, is easy to visit but insanely hard to migrate to.

10. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

What about Ireland?

11. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

come to canada. it's great here, and we're severely underpopulated so jobs are very easy to come by just about everywhere (except maybe toronto, but toronto sucks.)

12. lcdguy

lcdguy Minimodder

i agree come to canada and enjoy some poutine and a beaver tail :)

13. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I am pretty sure I am too late, but I just want to add that it is not necessary at all to speak french to actually be able to live in Quebec, let alone the rest of Canada. In montreal , if you live mainly on the island, you should never have any problem communicating. The north and south shore are not as billingual though.

However I am not 100% certain but I think learning french is a condition if you immigrate in Québec...

14. Cthippo

Actually, I live about 5 miles from the BC border and have spent a LOT of time in Canada. Canada is third choice on my list (behind Australia and the UK) only because it feels so, well, American. Granted I like it up there a lot better, but the feel is just so similar to here.

Good question, what about Ireland. The answer? I don't know. Literally. I knw very little about Ireland but I'm going to try to rectify that when I visit the UK. My G/f's former priest is from Ire and lives there in the summer, so I'm hoping to get a native tour.

15. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

geez 6 years thats a damm long time.

i dont think so i know i lived in a small town of about 3000 people last year and i know of 10 people who sucseccfully immigrated. 3 from mums work, 4 from school, 3 people who i know, throu well ahh just know. Last i heared there was a shortage of nurses as well

@Nexxo
    you make me think too much about things, now i like that but i cant think about what i need to.

16. pranks7er

pranks7er mange tout

go to the newzealand immigration site u can do a free test if you will get a visa it tells you right away

17. Pha3dr0n

Pha3dr0n Where's my Valium?

I havent read all the posts in this thread, but enough to pick up some pointers. Personally I'm looking to migrate to the US; been living in the UK most of my life, born here. I'm in the process of applying for US citizenship based on close family members being US citizens, even though they have lived in the UK for 40+ years. At the moment my I130 forms have just been passed to the immigration service in London, so I'm waiting for the next pack of paperwork to be posted to me.

I'm not aiming for the clouds regarding moving there - I have pointless qualifications (in my opinion) and usually have worked menial jobs - I'm just wanting to find anything that will pay the bills, and let me make a new start. Maybe it's a mid-life crisis that I'm running from, but Ive burned too many bridges in the last few years, and cant find anything to keep me in the UK. I intent to keep my UK citizenship, only because having european and US passports makes travel easier. I've been to the US 9 times in the last few years, always different locations (heading to Miami in Feb), and have to admit I'm drawn to the southern states. Maybe nothing will come of it, but I can keep my fingers crossed!

18. pranks7er

pranks7er mange tout

Check you have no irish grandparents if you do its a ticket to an irish passport and access to anywere in EU

19. pranks7er

pranks7er mange tout

IRELAND PROS

Country Nice and small
    Its EU so you free travel to any EU state
    Peace in North so you get a bit of the fell of the UK in North and Irish feel in South, also now lots of investment in north ireland, plenty work etc
    People Friendly
    Guinness is Nicer, You have excuse to drink
    Beauitful Scenery
    Small Cities so easy to get around
    No natural disasters, dangerous animal, insects
    very laid back, relaxed even compared to UK

CONS

Weather, esp this year was crap
    Cost of living esp around Dublin High
    Euro Pretty weak but prob much same as dollor
    Car Insurane High

20. pranks7er