Other What Makes Your Life, Meh?

Discussion in 'General' started by Mr_Mistoffelees, 10 Aug 2023.

1. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

dbrand have produced replacement plates for the PS5, mate.

2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Not for the 'Slim'.

Well, nothing beyond the 'notify' options. :rollingeyes:

Last edited: 28 Jan 2024
  3. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Tested positive for Covid for the first time last Tuesday and still feeling really rough.

4. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Sold two listings of Homebase downlights for a grand total of £10... 30% less than listed because I was ready to move them on.

Buyer left negative feedback because 1 of the 6 bulbs didn't work despite saying he only needed four of the six lights anyway.

Never got in touch, just slammed me with the 2 negative feedback.

What a cock.

5. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

If I'm buying something and it, or part of it doesn't work I get to perform an automatic quick mental calculation, if it's going to cost me more in time than the products are worth then I'm not getting in touch with the seller to negotiate a return, refund or reduction in cost, it's just not worth the aggro to me.

Leave feedback that other potential buyers can see, put it behind me as a loss and move on.

6. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Disappointed that I've yet to see @David on the programme about the IoW that's on at the moment.

I know nothing about the IoW beyond the squirrel army but I thought there were only about a dozen people living there.

Mate,

[​IMG]

David likes this.
  7. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Trying to cancel previous internet account, now of course being offered a better price than their previous 'best' offer to rematch/beat an improved quote from a competitior (which was reduced due to delays), but I now just want to cancel and be done with it, why can't this be a simple button online instead of having to sit in a chat for ages!

IanW likes this.
  8. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

[​IMG]

Isitari, Vault-Tec, Pete J and 3 others like this.
  9. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

No IMG visible.

10. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

:D
    I mean with the 2nd person I just said I've already switched so just cancel and they did straight away, but the first I ended up going through a bunch of questions before being called away from the PC and the chat auto closing so I had to start again!

11. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

Seems to work for me. It's from twimg.com (in case you're using DNS filtering).

12. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

[​IMG]

I tried to hotlink it from ol' Musky, I've had it re-hosted.

13. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Not personally, but work might be.

14. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

I'm about to go through the redundancy process at work, which is a bit of a mixed bag for me - it's been a great job in many ways, but also really tough at times, hence "Meh". Not sure if people are aware that the video games industry atm is in actual turmoil, with thousands of layoffs globally this month and more expected, so re-employment is looking mighty unlikely for now.

15. DeadP1xels

This is all subjective I suppose, cheap enough that it didn’t seem worth the effort but does have drastic consequences for the seller…

It’s quicker to send a message than provide eBay feedback, given he’d already negotiated a substantial price drop I already knew he needed just four light fittings so he wasn’t inconvenienced by the fault. That doesn’t mean he should take that loss on the chin at all. He was owed money and that could be easily resolved.

Bottom line, he could have messaged but he went for spite. Fortunately, when I messaged him afterwards he realised behind that business was just a normal man just trying his best. We sorted it out quickly and all was fine.

He had some money back. eBay treated me favourably in its algorithm. If you buy something from a small business and make no effort to resolve it you’re a complete and utter douche of the highest order… that’s it.

Try to no avail and you’re welcome to drive them into the ground because they equally don’t care for you. Otherwise, be ****ing kind… life is hard enough

16. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

I wrote a big long rant, but it would serve no purpose other than to piss you off so I deleted it.
    But, however, whoa there, just one question if I may, did you test the products before you listed / sold / posted them?

17. DeadP1xels

Both brand new and sealed, both undamaged so nothing to suggest why bulbs wouldn’t work either.

18. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Well that sucks then.
    But as you're operating as a business and not someone flogging off excess from their loft / garage / misspent youth collecting tat, you really should have opened them and made sure they work, having to include 'opened to test / check' in the listing would save a whole heap of agro.

We disagree on this point, you say he did it out of spite, which would be an asshat move, but dropping a negative feedback on a bad purchasing experience is totally justifiable regardless of the size of the business, big, small, or middlin' you're a business, it's not personal, you're all chasing the same money from consumers pockets.

If he / I was a tenner out of pocket, yeah I'm getting in touch to resolve it, any less, and nah you or anyone else getting honest feedback

19. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Mang what a ball ache.

So I buy a new CPU (5700X3D) and RAM. Take PC apart, even though I am shot from the building work yesterday. Figure it will be gentle fun.

Boot PC. BIOS comes up with a message about TPM, so I tell it Yes. I have no idea wtf it is talking about.

Boot Windows, to the pin screen, and "Your pin is no longer valid, log in to change it". So I go to log in. Enter the MSN email and password, then it says "Send a text message to a number you don't have any more". I tell it I can't, it basically says "Well then screw you c**t you ain't getting in".

OK look F it, just reinstall Windows. Do that, realise CPU is not reporting correctly or boosting higher than 3.4ghz. Update BIOS, repeat the exact effing same as above.

I did try to change the phone number, takes 30 days.

So in essence? don't ever give M$ your phone number ever no matter how much they plead or beg. I have now changed it to my second email address instead of a phone number, but of course that will take 30 days.

Suddenly I am no longer in the mood to gently piss around with PCs :(

20. VictorianBloke

VictorianBloke Man in a box

This has made me realise I've ported my first mobile number every time I've changed networks. It's nearly 30 years old! :hehe:

I got caught out by that TPM invalidating your pin thing too. If you're using a M$ account to log into windows it's worth having M$ authenticator registered and on your phone. It'll just ping a notification to that instead of forcing a text.