1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. RinSewand

RinSewand What's a Dremel?

To put things in slight perspective - distance changes as you grow up (though I know I'm not the oldest person on here by a huge margin) My last girlfriend lived a flight away... (12 hour round trip including driving, and airport check-ins)...

Things ruining my life:

Not being able to afford to move out and having my friends tell me to save up (not the problem, problem being monthly income to support living on my own)

Being single.

that's about it - everything else is changable with a little effort from myself.

RwD

2. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

Just about to go away for the weekend and your boss drops a project with deliverables due Monday morning.

Needless to say I think they aren't paying me enough if i have to do work at the weekends.

3. D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r Gay for Yunosuke

Work. I hate my job (hated it for about a year tbh), hate my boss, hate the site im on now, hate the bloke who's running it.

Money. Hate not being payed it for work I do, hate owing it to everyone, hate having to spend so much of it just to get to the above.

Health. Busted my tailbone today on some scaffolding so it hurts to stand, sit, walk, bend, lift my legs or turn my body at the waist.

.....To be honest theres very little i'm enjoying about life right now.

4. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

on the plus side now youve broke your arse you can get off it more to ease the pain.

Chin up bro, things can get worse :)

5. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

About the same.

6. specofdust

specofdust Banned

I have a nice flat, I have great friends, I have an amazing girlfriend.

And I can't enjoy any of these things because I'm working my arse off constantly, just so I can scrape through a mathematics degree I really shouldn't have been allowed to embark upon (not having studied maths at high school, an' all). To top it all off, unless I somehow manage to work harder (invent more hours in the day?) between now and the end of my degree, I'm going to get a 3rd, which is completely worthless and not even worth putting on my CV. Super. Furthermore, my "job" - the Officer Training Core at uni, just had to stop paying us for 6 months, so now I'm lovely and poor again. Oh and of course I've pretty much had the flu for a month, until it turned into a chest infection, but I just expect stuff like that now.

7. Rkiver

Rkiver Cybernetic Spine

I have no job. I have a mortgage. The mortgage relief the goverment gives is insulting, less then 100 a month off an 800 euro mortgage.

Suffice to say this is not making me a happy camper.

8. D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r Gay for Yunosuke

Bit-Tech mass suicide anyone?

9. Rkiver

Rkiver Cybernetic Spine

Try a killing spree, remove the dredges of society. That'll cheer me right up and free up more money for the economy.

10. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

I'm actually in a very similar situation myself.

I've just started a new job near London, which after I got made redundant in April is great for me, but at the moment it involves 4 hours of commuting every day - which is rubbish to say the least.

Thankfully this weekend I'm moving closer to work to a nice, vibrant area so I'll actually have some free time. Like you, I don't really know anyone in that area.

I'm trying to make the most of the friends that I already have and also try to make some new friends - I figure that joining local clubs or societies is a good way to start. Its not going to be particularly easy, but hopefully I can make it work.

On the positive side, the company that I work for has a real mix of people and some great talent if you know where to look. :D Shame I don't know many of them yet, but I'll try.

11. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Oasked, Bromley isnt far to central London? where are you moving too?

Well as for me most things are good. Started my new job 4 months ago. I got a higher position, more pay and less responsibility.

My home life and friends have all forgiven me for my last job taken over my life for a two year period. So everything now is pretty much in working order. Also on the girls front, Ive sorta got myself involved with 3 different women, all of this after a 5 year drought.

As for the only thing getting me down? well as for my more well paid job I cant seem to save money each month to go towards my travel plans end of next year. Need 5.5K for my plan to work, any tips anyone?

12. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

I work in Hatfield (which is a dump, outside the M25, North of London), which means I commute across London everyday. I'm moving to Finsbury Park, North London (zone 2) which is conveniently on the direct train line to work. :)

Any of those women rich? :p

13. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Nuff said, its a shithole.

Nothing but fields and roads there. Findsbury park is awesome, plenty of life out there.

14. azzybish

azzybish What's a Dremel?

Last edited: 22 Nov 2016
  15. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

Trying to make a decision that will affect the rest of my life on education and the pro's/con's with each option..

Also some girl issues but what guy doesn't have that?

16. Sir Digby

Sir Digby The Supprising Adventures

UCAS application stress and general social anxieties.

Oh, and kidding myself that I might not end up in the friends zone with her this time.

17. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

My previously envious and excellent relationship with the woman I love(1 yr and 8mths down the *******).
    Quite a bit of work too.

18. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

It's been snowing heavily for 24 hours now. 20 inches on the deck. Neighborhood starting to look like "The Day After Tomorrow"! 25 hours more to go.:waah:

19. hardtailstar

hardtailstar "insert title here"

redundancy, cough, no girlfriend, and genral daily rubbish

20. eek

eek CAMRA ***.

What a thread, full of joy!

Things are going ok for me at the moment... been off work for 10 months and still on full sick pay so given my massive drop in beer consumption I'm positively flush right now (although all my spare money is being forced into savings by the girlfriend.... apparently weddings are expensive)

Today was also good as it was my first day off chemo in a week so I was able to venture outside and enjoy the great weather we had in London.
    And tomorrow I get my stem cell transplant which will hopefully cure me (although it has meant 4 weeks of isolation in a hospital which does suck)

Oh, I when I escape hospital I'm going straight to the car garage to buy a nice, new, shiny fiat 500!

Woo!!