1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cases where to go

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bloodhound, 30 Aug 2011.

1. bloodhound

bloodhound What's a Dremel?

Hi all I'm a newbie on the site although I have been lurking in the shadows for about 4 years {this site and the contributors are amazing}. I am putting together plans for a home built rig but cannot decide on a suitable casing, my problem is that I like to touch and feel stuff before I buy it. This preamble brings me to my question.... Where can I go to see a fairly good selection of mini and midi tower cases in the south of England? I live in Dorset by the way.
    Cheers.

2. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

I can't think of many PC retailers in the south of England where you could actually see much stuff in the flesh. I realise it's quite a journey, but Yoyotech's showroom in central London is probably your best bet.

3. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Or Novatech, they have a shop in Avonmouth, which is much closer to you :)

4. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

If you do go to YYT they have quite a few cases on show. Their showroom is pretty tiny but they fit it out well. They've got more cases out on show than Scan, and Scan have got a huge amount of floor space these days.

5. bloodhound

bloodhound What's a Dremel?

Trade shows?

Thanks for your replies, they are much appreciated.

As an aside to my first question, are there any trade shows for the case mod/overclocker/pc builder industry? I see that the London International Technology show begins in september, what are you guys opinions on this? Does it give much floor space to the case mod scene?

Many Thanks