1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Which 1070 to buy?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by M2r1o, 25 Aug 2016.

1. Deders

Deders Modder

To be honest I've always configured my fans to run as fast as they can whilst still remaining silent when idle (usually around 40-50%, and then only ramping up when needed.

I've found by doing this I can maintain a less aggressive fan profile that makes it quieter when gaming. My current card is completely silent even when gaming, but only because I've set the fan profile as I described.

It's much harder to reduce the temperature once it has been reached, than it is to prevent it from reaching it in the first place.

2. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

Many Excite.

Just pulled the trigger on a Palit 1070 Gamerock thingo. Also got the scansure because **** me sideways if I break the ******* going into my machine.

Will update later.

3. M2r1o

M2r1o What's a Dremel?

In the end I ordered an EVGA SC

4. GeneralFun

GeneralFun Lurker with tools

I may be ignorant but wouldn't it be better to spend the extra money and move up to a 1080 if you're planning on 1440P? While the 1070 may run 1440, there's a lot more headroom and higher FPS with the 1080 for a few hundred more!

5. M2r1o

M2r1o What's a Dremel?

Even a 1070 is overkill for the games I play (WOW, WOT, rarely play the likes of Witcher or games with similar demands), even if / when I get a 1440P monitor, so I can't really justify the spend.

I cancelled my order for the 1070 because less than a day after my order they made the same card cheaper by ~ 20 pounds.

I put some more thought into what I actually need (not want, damn you upgrade-itis) and ordered a Sapphire RX 480 Nitro 8 GB for ~ 250 pounds as it was on sale.