1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why are full screen adverts back on Bit-Tech?

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by greypilgers, 4 Jun 2012.

1. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

[​IMG]

2. Mechh69

Mechh69 I think we can make that fit

MAKE IT STOP

rant

This damn IE 9 add is driving me crazy I really could care less on how to pin sites to IE 9 as i dont even use IE. The whole animation this is very distracting and takes up at least 2 inches on the bottom of the screen and also slows the page load times. PLEASE make them go away as i said in an earlier post the side adds and top adds are fine but make the animated/ take over the whole page adds go away.
    /rant

3. greypilgers

greypilgers What's a Dremel?

LoL... Just because my current avatar says Jan 2011, doesnt mean I first started on Bit-Tech then... It's also not my first identity on the forum (nothing to do with the forum as to why, it was because of outside influences)... Im not quite as green behind the ears as you think! :D

4. Unicorn

Well sorry, but I wasn't to know that. The original thread was 2007... even I hardly remember when skimlinks were brought up for the first time. I only remembered about it because they made a brief appearance again last year.

5. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

I get the feeling that's not going to happen this time :miffed:

6. The_Pope

The_Pope Geoff Richards Super Moderator

If only AdOps had set a frequency cap they might have avoided all this anger...

7. woof82

woof82 What's a Dremel?

Hey I'm having a problem where I can't click on anything during the first few seconds of each page load due to the new adverts, and I can't middle click on any links without first left clicking on the page or closing the advert.

Chrome (19.0.1084.56)
    Windows 7 pro 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)

8. dancingbear84

dancingbear84 error 404

Me too.
    It made me install adblocker.
    I can live with the mildly obtrusive attitude of ads, but destroying my browsing experience, I can't live with.

9. Unicorn

Wow, don't see you posting often Geoff! Thanks for joining the discussion. You're absolutely right about the frequency cap. Even if the IE9 one was only on every other page, I wouldn't have minded as much, I'd just have closed it each time, but having to close it on every single page of the site and forums was what made me AdBlock bit-tech.

I hope Simon passes our opinions on to the advertising department and we can put a stop to this aggressive, intrusive advertising. I think what Shirty said earlier was very relevant. I think it's time for a redesign with more ad space if we do actually need to have this many ads on the site for revenue.

10. GMC

GMC Minimodder

same here - and really annoying - bad enough that the poorly targetted ad is there but to have to actively go and click to get rid of it just to use the site is crazy.

Besides, on this forum of all places I think everyone is aware of IE9 and likely to have figured out how to use it if they want to. That ad is unlikely to change any behaviour or provide any return on investment...

11. Brooxy

Brooxy Loser of the Game

QFT. I'll whitelist bit-tech after the IE9 advert has gone, but until then the ad-block will stay.

12. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

If it upsets you that much then USE ADBLOCK.

13. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

we should not have to use adblock

please stop pop up ads (blocking all ads on site until they are removed)

Why the stupid popup bit-tech one who knows (not even sure what that ad wants me to do) bottom one is not as bad unless your on an netbook as that take up 25% of the screen

14. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

or just add *adtech.de* and *intellitxt* (as it seems bit tech is Still using it) to your ad blocker

not even sure how its been launched as i cant see it in the web source

- ok i now worked out what it was about its related to the stupid IE9 feature -

Last edited: 16 Jun 2012
  15. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

While i have no problem viewing websites with advertisements, it annoys me when they interrupt the user experience to the point of not allowing the user to navigate to other pages.

Seems the advertising for bit-tech is steadily getting worse.

16. Mechh69

Mechh69 I think we can make that fit

At work they have addons blocked from the browser, Just now i had one/stirke that 2 slip through image block (thought it was AB I think it's fixed now) I may have to re enable NO Script but it kinda kills a lot of stuff i do want to see on the site.

And thank you Longweight I have it installed now. +1 to you. But that still does not fix my problem at work:waah:

Last edited: 16 Jun 2012
  17. cookie! nom nom

cookie! nom nom Minimodder

The ie9 add is coming up all the time! it stops me doing still till its mostly done. is other people getting this too? its driving me mad!

18. Unicorn

:read: :read: :read::read: :read: :read::read: :read: :read:

It's been mentioned several times in the past two pages.

19. cookie! nom nom

cookie! nom nom Minimodder

[​IMG]

anyway

it has to go, its a pain in the ass,

why do bit tech find the most annoying adds?

20. maple

maple Minimodder

i am getting this ie9 ad even though i am using ie9 and sometimes it comes on every page, got this vodaphone one before, one time i was typing and this fullscreen one the worstare those when you press x and it goes to the ad anyway