1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Win! City of Heroes and Villains!

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 27 Oct 2005.

1. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

I havnt got a code yet.. and i emailed pretty early when the email servers were down... i hope i get a code....

2. Shepps

Shepps Slacking off since 1986..

me too :confused:

3. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

Got my code today, trying to download the game but it's going very very slow. :/

4. Dayains

Dayains Notamodder

5. Tim S

Tim S OG

Geoff is in Australia at the moment, so when he updated his post at 14:15GMT, it was already 1:15AM.

6. Yami

Yami What's a Dremel?

Hm, strange, I haven't recieved a code yet, and I was fairly early in sending a code in. :x

Have they all gone out, or what?

7. Hiren

Woo finally got it up and running. Been pretty straightforeward so far, although right clicking for turning is annoying.

8. The_Pope

The_Pope Geoff Richards Super Moderator

No, they haven't all gone out yet. I couldn't figure out a slick mail-merge method of processing the list, so I have been pasting them manually :(

Slight delay today, because it's 5:34am and I have been working all day (and all night) on Thursday modding article for the site. Once that is out of the way, I will finish the list. Don't panic - everyone will get a code.

PS - crap, the sun is about to appear :(

9. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

Got mine today :rock: it's only downloading at about 30K/s and will take 25 hours to complete :S

10. Yami

Yami What's a Dremel?

Got mine too, thanks a bunch Bit.

Downloading at around 200K/s, so I expect it to be done in around 3 hours :)

11. The_Pope

Sorry about the delay, when I said it would be Friday and it was actually Sunday... the good news at least is that I found a slightly more streamlined way of sending these emails by hand, so the outstanding chunk only took me 30 mins or so.

All codes have now been sent. If you have missed out on a code when you feel you should not have, I do have some spare, and you can email me for one. I will check you against the list of "winners" to first see if your "prize" email got spam filtered or something. I can then re-send your unique code.

If you're not on the original list, ask nicely and promise to tell 10 friends about bit-tech, and I'll send you one of the reserve codes :D

12. pman

pman What's a Dremel?

Wow! Its 2.4GB! Just 6 and a half hours to go :duh:

13. Hiren

Hey The_Pope FYI sent you a e-mail about codes.

14. pman

pman What's a Dremel?

Grr! Was at 100kb/s and I quitted it by accicdent. Now its at 16 :wallbash: :wallbash: :sigh:

15. DarkReaper

DarkReaper Alignment: Sarcastic Good

Fluctating around 100+-30 kb/s Hopefully be done overnight.

16. Tomm

Tomm I also ride trials :¬)

I just sent an email now, am I waaaaay too late?

17. P2D

P2D 99.999% Pure Spam!

I dont have to use this key within a certain time do i? Because ill be pretty busy over the next few weeks on NFSMW, so i dont wanna download this, only to spend all my time on another game and miss out on the trial.

18. The_Pope

A few quick replies:

-H- I don't know what your email address is or your real name, so I don't know which email is from you mate... maybe send another one saying that you're -H- ? :D

Tomm - not too late mate. I'll send you a code tomorrow. Don't forget my conditions though: you have to tell 10 people about bit-tech :lol:

P2D - not sure mate. I'm not aware of any time limitation (within reason). I expect you'll be OK to wait a few weeks if you need to.

19. The_Pope

Wow - I've been REALLY impressed by the honesty and integrity of bit-tech readers this week. Several of you contacted me to say "I'm not able to use this code - please pass it on to someone who can" or people who received two codes by accident, or a couple who are outside Europe and misread the Rules etc

Bravo people!

However, the good news is that the kind people at NCSoft supplied us with plenty of codes, so please feel free to pass any spare codes on to someone you think might enjoy playing the game. Obviously, the codes only work once, but if you haven't yet used yours and feel there is someone more deserving of it, forward it to them with our blessing.

20. Hiren

Nevermind The Pope I read your posted and passed the code on to someone else. :)

Tags: Add Tags