1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogs Windows 7 gave my PC insomnia

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 25 Jun 2009.

1. SteveU

SteveU Minimodder

Glad you spelled that correctly!! lol

2. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Yes.. very odd... that sound like a motherboard (or BIOS) problem. Maybe its a power option configuration?!

Actually knowing that the Geforce GTX makes 1 or 2 buzzing sound and have the fan speed up at max speed and delay the system actually startup, it's like if the GPU need a lot of power to startup due to some cost cutting decision done on the PCB with cheap hacks probably done at the firmware level to make it startup. Probably suggest that you have a hardware inside of your computer that causes this problem as maybe the motherboard can't deliver the power or the hardware was untested with such setup, or maybe the PSU acts funny as coming out of hibernate is not the same as an actual start up... some crash thing like that.

Bit-tech, you guys have countless amount of hardware coming at you on the shelves, you should try that next time you review a motherboard or have free time :) I mean if I have it working, so does OEM's... you guys should.

Last edited: 26 Jun 2009
  3. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

Ever since I stopped using my nforce 4 motherboard and upgraded to my Abit IP35 Pro and now with my Intel whatsit, my computer hasn't been able to sleep which is very annoying. It goes to sleep fine but never wakes up again :( if you turn it off and on again, it resumes from hibernate.

4. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

Update your BIOS as I had a problem simular to that which went away when I updated the BIOS.

5. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Good to know. My Vista install is too old apparently and begins to act up so I'll just put either Build 7100 or 7600 on it.

6. talburton

talburton What's a Dremel?

Be glad that is the least of your concerns. I've heard stories of people buying pirated Window and after installing there computer would never wake up again! Good posting though! I saw this parody on "Catch a Predator" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVHhuTUp_30

7. perplekks45

That sentence is flawed.

I'm running Win7 Build 7600 x64 at the moment and I'm really happy BUT my graphics card acts up... again. I had the same problem with 7056 and 7100, nvldd...dll crashes randomly. No matter what driver I use, no matter what I do [video, browsing, gaming, idling]. Quite annoying to be honest.

Anybody got any idea on what that might be? Maybe it's just time to upgrade my 8800GTS/640, eh? :naughty:

8. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Could be faulty card which sends a signal of overheating to the drivers. Which then makes the driver crash to stop all programs from using the GPU. An easy way to prevent work loss and continue to use the system all by making itself happy.

9. perplekks45

The card works flawlessly under Vista/XP. That's exactly what I don't understand. :eyebrow:

10. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

did you try driver sweeper off guru 3d perp- use it in safe mode, reinstall the nvidia driver and see if that fixes it.. I haven't seen that problem in about a year but I remember when nvidia was having issues with drivers that was a problem.. if you installed alot of driver betas it was always a good idea to get rid of the registry entries and files left behind by the old driver, even after a uninstall.. if you just installed on top of an old driver it was almost guaranteed to happen

win 7 does treat memory differently than vista, so it could be the case that nvidia needs to write a driver for it.. but try the sweeper and see what happens

Tags: Add Tags