1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress WIP: Sickrig002 Fractal R4 & AquaComputer

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by sntmods, 26 Jan 2013.

1. sntmods

sntmods What's a Dremel?

I cleaned up the wiring in the back

[​IMG]

2. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

Nice build. But you, sir, need the power of cable sleeving ;)

3. sntmods

sntmods What's a Dremel?

I've been wanting to order from Nils & MDPC but the timezone difference is getting the best of me. I'll get around to it someday Im sure, I just want to finish the exterior design first...

The top of the case was the first thing I worked on back in December and it never quite had the look that I wanted. I've been looking for ideas ever since.

[​IMG]

4. sntmods

sntmods What's a Dremel?

I decided to make a fan grill for the exhaust ports. It matches the exterior front panel for the case. I used an old AquaComputer Airplex radiator grill as a template. =) I think it turned out pretty nice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I wanted to test fit it to make sure it looked right without putting in another 2 hours worth of work with the dremel and file. The sun went down anyways, so I'll have to finish it off another day.

[​IMG]

Korvus likes this.
  5. Azariel

Azariel Minimodder

I applaud your patience :) Looking quite good I think!

6. Korvus

Korvus May contain traces of sanity.

Looking good :D Where do you get your acrylic from?

7. sntmods

sntmods What's a Dremel?

We have some local stores called TAP Plastics out here in California, lots of stuff there... =)

8. sntmods

sntmods What's a Dremel?

Im going to do a little painting on the ring for the Gentle Typhoon AP-30 to give it a more pleasing appearance, a corsair look alike. =)

[​IMG]

And I screwed up the grill I was making by stressing the slots while I was shaping them with the cutting tool on the dremel. At this point I could try again and waste a whole day or just design one to be laser cut.

9. sntmods

sntmods What's a Dremel?

10. sntmods

sntmods What's a Dremel?

Little update March 25

So, after a few months of searching and being a little unlucky in sourcing a second Airplex Evo 240 I just decided it was time for an upgrade to two Alphacool Nexxxos XT45 240's (Full Copper). I replaced the previous single 240 radiator with a total of 480mm of cooling real estate and I am very pleased with the end results.

I used to have a Delta T resting @ about 12.4 degrees celcius while running the GT AP-30s @ 2500rpm, the Corsairs @ 2100. This was recorded while running Prime 95's Max Heat test with 8 workers & Heaven DX11 for the GPU. i7-3820 running @ 4.3GHz, an almost nothing overclock for the GTX670 Cheesecake.

With the pair of Nexxxos I am resting @ 4.1 degrees, everything else being the same except the GT AP-30s which are now running @ only 2,000rpm, much quieter!

I am a little disappointed since the shipment from Germany didnt include the 90 degree fittings that I ordered and would have cleaned up the tubing in the radiator box.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. jeckulz

jeckulz What's a Dremel?

NICE WORK!!!
    Lovely stuff

12. sntmods

sntmods What's a Dremel?

The fan grill is done for now. If I try this again I'm definitely working with 1/4" acrylic rather than 1/8", but I'll use this for now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More on this later, have to find a way to mount this as the side panel...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 29 Mar 2013
  13. sntmods

sntmods What's a Dremel?

Okay, its been a while since I mounted the second radiator and cleaned up the tubing. Thank you Aquatuning for getting those 90 degree fittings out to me. =)

Last edited: 25 Apr 2013
  14. sntmods

sntmods What's a Dremel?

15. sntmods

sntmods What's a Dremel?

So....

I'm going to be doing some updating in the (maybe) near future due to getting the R4's big brother. This will allow me to better design the (lines of the) water tubes and get a little creative with the mounting of the aquatube.

Unfortunately, some of the stuff I want to do has been seen before but I hope to put my little spin on it. =)

Stay tuned!