1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Worst RMA Experience?

Discussion in 'General' started by DeadP1xels, 28 Sep 2011.

1. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I ordered a drive from OcUK - One of three on that order - And they sent me the right number of drives. I open them, look at the drives through the anti-static bags, the two are fine, and one isn't - The drive is a 300gb SATA, and I'd ordered a 40gb IDE. Most people would take this as a win, but consider the following:

I had already filled my SATA ports, and at the time, the SATA cards were prohibitively expensive for someone with very few hours work per week. Not to mention that the 40gb was far in excess of the size I needed.

I go over to OcUK with my order print out, the invoice, and packing note.

It only took three hours, two on the phone to trading standards, to get them to give me what I paid for.

Prior to that, Again OcUK, I had some RAM go bad during the warranty period, I sent it back for RMA. They returned it to me, claiming "It worked". It looked as though it was in the same packaging I sent it to them, but I thought that couldn't be the case.

Tested it in my machine again, same issue with both sticks in (Although no issue with other RAM sticks in the same configuration from another machine). Returned it again as faulty, but made extra effort to pack the box in such a way that when it came back I'd know whether it had been opened. About a month later it came back - The outer tape had been cut, but nothing else inside had been. Clearly, they'd not even taken it out of the box.

Went to them in person with my machine, the other ram that worked, and their ram. Demonstrated to them that it worked with my other ram and not theirs (Well, not "theirs" but what I bought from them). I was only there all day having an argument about it, and waiting for them to "test it more thoroughly" before they gave me a replacement.

Quite why I went on to buy the drives from them, I've no idea. Never again, though, have I so much as browsed their site.

2. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

I RMAd a Gigabyte board to Aria, which to their credit was repaired and sent back to me 31 days later. But then it failed 45 minutes after plugging it back in. Immediately contacted them, ignored for 6 months. Managed to get another RMA for it and sent it off. Weeks later (I bought a new board long before this happened lol) they emailed me saying there was damage to the cpu socket. I'm still waiting for my board back nearly a year after it first failed.

3. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

I know alot of you have had issues with OcUK but my experiences have been better. They replaced my prouducts quite fast and i managed to get lucky i guess.

Worst one is probs getting A PC issue sorted with HP im my experience

4. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

I don't even look at the OCUK website any more, because I refuse to have dealings with them. Frankly, they have the worst business practices I've seen beyond a cowboy builder - they only want your money, and once they have it do not want to let go for any reason.

I purchased a monitor from them many moons ago - a Viewsonic 19" 4:3 LCD back when they cost a fortune. It arrived in a box that had clearly been opened, and half the poly packing inside was missing, leaving the monitor to rattle around. When turned on, there was a massive pressure point on the front of the screen. This was clearly a return, on an item that was sold as brand new.

Contacted OCUK, sent it back (costing me £20+), and they said I had dropped it and was pulling a fast one. Accepted the return, but cost me £60 in fees to do so, and I never got them refunded despite calls to trading standards, multiple letters and so forth. I cut my losses and refuse to touch them with a bargepole.