1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Xbox One 'may not work' in unsupported countries

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 14 Jun 2013.

1. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Well sorry, it was November 2006 in my country. Stupidity of staged launch, which we will see with XBOX One and PS4 again.

2. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Wat.

No literally, wat.

3. AlienwareAndy

AlienwareAndy What's a Dremel?

This is so bad it's laughable.

4. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

At this point I'm very sure they're doing this for a reason. There's no way anyone digs that big of a hole.

5. AlienwareAndy

That might be why they keep revising the 360 to make it smaller. That way you can carry it around with you :D :D

6. DC74

DC74 Doh!

Sometimes I wonder if the U.S giants such as Intel, Microsoft and Apple are trying to commit suicide, they've all done extremely well at shooting themselves in the foot recently. Honestly who releases a console then proceeds to sabotage it in every single way? I can see Sony Burying Microsoft in the console business and their tombstone will be the new Xbox.

In Microsoft's case it's like the lunatics are running the asylum, first they release the abominable Windows 8 (shudders) then say they will rework it, but you still have to buy a start button, which has been the cornerstone of every windows OS since the start way back in the early 90's. Add to this the Xbox debacle that is continuing to unfold and makes me laugh more every single day. I think Bill Gates needs to come back and take charge of the helm as this company has really lost its way.

On Intel, well the new Haswell chips seem abound with stories of not performing as good as the sample chips they produced, chipsets and boards not ready or in short supply and extremely limited overclocking potential on the new chips. Another own goal by intel, have they learned nothing from the Sandybridge nightmare that engulfed its launch? clearly not.

And finally everyone's favourite Apple, who seem to be less about innovation and cutting edge designs these days and more about supreme court battles with Samsung and anyone else they think might have even brushed past one of their patents some time many moons ago. It makes me laugh every time I read something about the continuing patent wars.

Does anyone remember a time when companies were professional and released good products with excellent design and rigorous testing and when these products were desired by users? Now it seems they've lost the plot or become so arrogant and self assured that in their fantasy world on whatever planet they live on they can do any of this without consequences.

These are just my thoughts on what I've seen and read recently, anyone else feel the same?

Unicorn likes this.
  7. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

You know all the company's you mention have one thing in common, they all enjoy a dominant place in there respective markets.
    Just like most people when your the best at something you do its hard not to become arrogant and believe you know whats best.

8. Mikee

Mikee What's a Dremel?

I'm not sure I get the level of outrage about this. How are region based accounts for Xbox Live any different to say Netflix which has vastly different content depending on where you live? A US Netflix account gives the subscriber access to a significant amount more content than a UK account. This is all down to the different licence agreements in place from content providers in the different countries and this sounds no different.

I'm really not fussed either way with the new consoles, I think the PS4 is a more realistic price but I can also see what Microsoft is trying to achieve, not just now but in the future, with the XBox One. I'm amazed at how the tech media has come down so firmly and vocally on the side of the PS4. While the Xbox One has many flaws, I still think there is a great deal of potential there that is getting ignored.

9. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

There is a huge difference between locking down the marketplace (XBOX 360) and locking down the games and console (XBOX One) if you aren't in the IP addresses assigned to your country/region.

10. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

11. AlienwareAndy

12. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

Last edited: 16 Jun 2013
  13. AlienwareAndy

You gotta feel sorry for the poor monkeys who work in support getting paid minimum wage and then having to spend the day doing their evil owner's bidding.

14. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

15. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

I'd assume it would be heavily restricted, Someone I know emigrated from the UK to Canada a few years back had immense problems getting MS points.

He ended up having to create a new account because there was no way to transfer his account from a UK one to a Canadian one and his UK account wouldn't allow him to add points from a Canadian card.

16. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

I wouldn't say its different, I would say it is equally bad, unjustified, evil, racist and pointless to make such licensing agreements.

17. Xir

Xir Modder

You check, how old can a computer be to have problems gaming at 1280×720?
    That's about the pixelcount our 17" used to have 10 years ago. :D

Of course after computing for this resolution you'll need to upscale it to "full-HD" but your TV will probably do that. :naughty:

18. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

If your talking about Doug he did move to Canada lol(My relatives are Canadian I don't like them, at least he didn't move to France) but yes lots loads of problems migrating accounts which is a shame.

There is a lot of hate floating around for xbone but there is also a lot of free advertising for Microsoft with a 2page thread about how bad the xbone is, bad press is good press :).

19. Snips

Snips I can do dat, giz a job

LMAO @ you lot who keep trying to have a dig about "rumours"

Wait for the PSBore details as well as they let a lot slip quietly after their press release that didn't put it in a good light either.

Microsoft already said it would be launched in a number of countries first and then the rest of the world. What's the problem?

20. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

I guess i missed something but what rumors ?
    And what detail where slipped quietly, come on spill the beans :naughty:

Tags: Add Tags