1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Xenomorph

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Akira749, 16 Jul 2014.

1. Akira749

Akira749 What's a Dremel?

Ok guys mini mini update...

I received some other sleeving samples and I would like to have your opinion here!

I'm also throwing a picture with the JetFlo's in place just for fun ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Let me know :)

2. Akira749

Small picture update...

The final sleeving pattern has been decided!

[​IMG]

Next item is the coolant color...

A fellow member on OCN "ProfeZZor X" posted an idea that directly blowed my mind since I had forgot that detail (shame on me).

The coolant is going to be Mayhems Pastel Black. It's a direct reminder of the black liquid that was in the urns in the movie Prometheus. It's basically the birth liquid of the Xenomorph specie!!

Lastly, earlier this week I received my new fans and I really like them! They are the Enermax Twister Pressure PWM.

Awesome fan with a lot of power and pretty quiet versus the amount of static pressure! And in bonus they have removable blades so it make the painting a bit easier ;)

I also had the chance to take my first shots with my new Savage Seamless Paper Backdrop!!!

Here's a few pictures of the fans...BTW the stickers on them will be removed :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next update will have to wait a bit since I need to receive a few things and I have to decide what I do about the watercooling components.

3. Akira749

Hi Everyone!

Another update here!

This week I finally received my new airbrush after a stupid backorder story with a store in Ontario, I ended up buying it at ChicagoAirbrushSupply!

It's a beauty!!!

[​IMG]

Also my GPU decision was official. In fact it was my number one choice from the beginning but I wanted to see if something would pop...

I present you my MSI GTX 780 Lightning!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The first GPU picture did not end up like I wanted so I did some HDR on it just for the fun of it ;)

That's it for now, I updated the first post with the new official components. This weekend I should be able to start painting and during the next week I will received my PSU cables and maybe able to give you news on the watercooling components.

4. Akira749

Breaking news! This morning, the Xenomorph project received the support of a major partner!

[​IMG]

I'm really happy with this news and once again I would like to thanks EK for this!

The parts should arrive next week or so. :)

5. cucmag

cucmag What's a Dremel?

congrats :)

6. Bad Fenny

Bad Fenny What's a Dremel?

Hi Akira,

Congrats

Cheers

Fen

7. Akira749

Thanks Cuc!! :D

Hi Fen! Thanks! :thumb:

8. Akira749

Hi Everyone!!!

Sweet saturday update!!

Yesterday, I received my sleeved cables from Ensourced.net!!!! :rock:

Joey did an awesome job here!!! Thanks again my friend!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The back will be cleaner when everything will be connected up front :D

The last news I want to share is of course my latest sponsors banner!! Without them this build wouldn't have been possible! Thanks again! :thumb:

[​IMG]

Last edited: 21 Sep 2014
  9. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

Liking this a lot.

10. Akira749

Thanks Hukkel!!!

11. Akira749

Little update...

Yesterday, I did some "Weyland Corp" branding on the PSU and on the SSD. The PSU will stay like this but the SSD will be pearlized when I can find the time to paint (time that is not easy to find lately!!) ;)

[​IMG]

Today, I received some goodies from Dazmode!! Some nice 5mm Darkside LED (one white and one blue so i can choose) and also a nice Darkside Jet Black sleeved SATA cable. You can also notice the spanking new Darkside packaging on the left with the Mocha Build beside the previous packaging with the Orange Build!!

Also, since EK still doesn't fabricate any form of draining solution I had to go with Bitspower...it's Black Sparkle kinda like the EK Black Nickel but anyway it will almost be hidden.

The last thing is a bottle of Clear EK-Ekoolant EVO. I want to experience an idea I had a few days ago. As you know, Mayhems is the official coolant provider of this build with the Pastel Black but I want to check something with some Mayhems Dye too.

[​IMG]

That's it for now! :)

12. Akira749

Ok it's update time!!!

First update, as you already know, EK did sponsor me with a awesome bunch of watercooling components! So I tried to make justice to this awesomeness with my photograph!

Here's all the components in there usual beautiful package!
    [​IMG]

The superb PE radiators. It's my second build with those rads and i'm still amazed!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

CPU Supremacy Block and GTX780 MSI Lightning GPU Block. This thing is HUGE!!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

RAM Monarch Heatspreaders and Block
    [​IMG]

EK-XRES 140 Reservoir with DDC 3.2 PWM Pump and a nifty little Black Heatshink
    [​IMG]

AND.........THE ARMY!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Second update, this week I finally had the time to start the painting of some components and also the fabrication of some small pieces for the motherboard.

First job, painting of the fans frame!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here's the result! I'm really happy of how they turned out!!! I hope you like them!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also painted the SSD so it would "blend" with the mid wall of the case! This one doesn't have show clear on it since I wanted it to remain subtle.
    [​IMG]

The last job was to fabricate a small cover plate for a part of the motherboard that I wanted to be hidden. I also fabricate an IO cover to hide them. This one was bend (with a little heat) by hand since I didn't wanted it to be of a clean surface but a bit thorn and rugged. The 2 pieces will be painted black.
    [​IMG]

Here's a final picture of the fans with the case to show how they go together!
    [​IMG]

One last word, on the first post, I moved the sponsors banner to it's proper place and I also created another banner for 3 peoples who made this build more awesome with there individual talents!! Joey from Ensourced who did the superb sleeving job, Jim from Clockwerk Casemods who's currently in the process of creating some pieces to customize the reservoir and finally Patuga from ColdZero who kindly accepted to create the backplate for the 780 Lightning even if he has currently closed his shop to focus on the creation of custom case parts.

I hope you enjoyed and you can expect more frequent updates soon!

13. Akira749

Behold the MSI Z87M "Xenomorph" Edition!!!

[​IMG]

14. flix

flix Minimodder

Wow,
    that looks very cool.
    Also the colour of the fans is very sweet!

15. Ianovski

Ianovski Rawr!

The changed MSI logo on the mobo haha, I love it!

16. Akira749

Thanks guys! :thumb:

17. TadZilla

TadZilla tadbitnerdy

Okay, this build is amazing... the whole thing. However, the Weyland logo on the SSD is particularly awesome! It really looks like some kind of SSE SSD (Samsung Special Edition Solid State Drive).

Okay, end comment. Please continue being awesome.

18. Xaine

Xaine Death... destroyer of brain cells

Subbed, keep it up man, some real quality work here.

19. Akira749

Hey!Hey! Thanks!! I like how it turned out too! :thumb:

Thanks! I try my best :D

20. Akira749

Mini update...

Here's the motherboard with the IO cover and the partial cover of the motherboard painted and in place. As I already said, the fact that the cover is kinda warped is on purposed since I wanted something that looked like this.

As you can see I painted and sleeved the Intel stock cooler. I was dare by some guys on OCN to do it so I did it :D

[​IMG]