1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watercooling Yet more shots fired - EK Accused of shady tactics against employees

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by The_Crapman, 20 Apr 2024.

1. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

TLDW: EK hasn't paid some employees for months at a time, strong arms them into new agreements, other various shoddy behaviours

[​IMG]

RedFlames and Bloody_Pete like this.
  2. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Ooooof I've been there and its brutal. Really messes with your head and made me really depressed for years, so I really feel for those employees!

3. The_Crapman

When I was at kuka we had some sizable arrears with suppliers, nothing too unusual in the space though, and always kept in communication with them to advise when the arrears would likely be paid and always had a slush fund in case critical suppliers put us on stop. Never ever did we not pay employees, pensions and HMRC. Always always had priority. There was 1 occasion where the wrong payment date was put on the payment file by payroll, but as soon as I was made aware that people hadn't received their wages, I found the error, cancelled that payment and re-uploaded it for immediate payment. (I wasn't meant to interfere with the payroll at all, other than uploading it and confirming it was for the total they said it was). Think by 9:30-10ish everyone had been paid. Could not fathom not paying employees for months at a time. Horrid.

xaser04, IanW and Bloody_Pete like this.
  4. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

5. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

6. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Byron C, IanW, The_Crapman and 2 others like this.
  7. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Is it me, or is Dan Henderson B negs?

I thought he worked for EK like, 15 years ago and briefly?

The_Crapman likes this.
  8. Vault-Tec

That was his name right? Dan? B-Negative. He used to do case mods etc. I could swear in around 2009 he went over to Slovenia to work for EK but returned shortly afterwards because he didn't like it and etc? Or Croatia? he had a dog called Magoo.

It may have been a year or two after that but yeah. I could also be high on paint fumes but I could swear that is coming from my memory. Which begs the question, why would you go back to work for a company you didn't like at all? it just all seems really odd.

I could have some names mixed up though !

The_Crapman and Bloody_Pete like this.
  9. Vault-Tec

OK no. Dan Harper is B Negs. He worked for EK years ago and hated it. I remember talking to him shortly after he went there and he told me that they would ask him to design things, only to say thanks and then ignore all of it. His time there was short but I got the idea that yeah, they were a bunch of douche bags even then.

The_Crapman and Bloody_Pete like this.
  10. The_Crapman

Bneg....
    [​IMG]

Funnily enough, I was just talking to someone about him the other week, wondering where on earth they disappeared to. Was I talking to someone? Might have just been thinking to myself. Who knows. One of the pioneers of hard-line tubing, so we'd already been exposed to it for years before it became mainstream and was over it already. At least I was. lol

Bloody_Pete likes this.
  11. The_Crapman

Have confirmation from the man himself that he's not bneg. The mystery continues!

Vault-Tec likes this.
  12. Vault-Tec

He worked for OCUK too (Henderson). So I have heard that name before. Maybe he did CS for me once? IDK.

13. The_Crapman

Yeh. I don't know if there's any old modding articles with his real name in?

14. Vault-Tec

Which one? Henderson or Harper?

For Dan Harper? I found a video from 2016 where he was paired with Dave labido? in a team called Running With Scissors. I think Dave's real name is Alcock or something. He works for AC now.

15. The_Crapman

Oh wait, sorry. Misread that, didn't see there were 2 harpdenersons. Henderson is the one I meant it wasn't. Harper is likely he then

16. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Jayz2centss contributes his jayz2cents

17. Vault-Tec

Of course he does. Another easy cash in video for him to sit in a chair and talk bollocks.

Bloody_Pete and modd1uk like this.
  18. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Definitely an easy money-maker vid but there was some substance to what he said.

Kinda hard for me to say that, because I un-subbed a while back due to his incessant waffle and general lack of substance over the last year or so.

Bloody_Pete likes this.
  19. Vault-Tec

He said he is going through some health problems. To me? and I will probably end up feeling awful for saying this (but will say it 'cause you know me and my big gob?) it seems like lazyitus to me. I used to enjoy his mod and build videos, but he just seems to do less and less to the point he just sits there and talks now. A product review from him now is literally him taking something out of the box and looking at it.

20. The_Crapman

Yeh, I wish he hadn't mentioned money because it was a little crass, especially as he's not short a penny and direct employees having not been paid. But the rest was worthwhile. Absolutely mental that they can't be bothered to send out press packs for new releases to people they've already paid to do advertising. No wonder they're in the **** when they're throwing $100k plus at chebs like him and then not using the service they paid for.