1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Your Room and Computer

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 19 Oct 2007.

1. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Absolutely the most comfortable keyboard I've ever put my hands on. The few times I was actually able to type "properly" with it felt absolutely amazing. But having to learn both touch-typing and a dished ortholinear layout all at the same time was just too much...

I'd still love a split mech keyboard, but it'd have to be a staggered layout rather than ortho.

2. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Hey Gareth, is that a Logitech MX Vertical mouse? How are you finding it (other than it not being as good as a trackball)? I thought about getting one a while back when I moved to a vertical mouse from my (non-vertical) MX Master but at the thick end of £100 I wasn't convinced. Ended up going for a £12 Anker-branded vertical mouse which is surprisingly decent, if not anywhere near the build quality of MX Master. The one thing I do really miss from the MX Master is the free-scrolling clutch action wheel, but I think I'm right in saying the the MX Vertical doesn't have that either?

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

It is! As a vertical mouse, it's fine - tracks well on the desk surface with no mat, the DPI adjustment is handy when I remember it exists, and I can't live without my back and forward buttons. As a £100 vertical mouse, it's a disappointment. It doesn't feel premium, there's no free-wheeling scroll clutch like you highlighted on the non-vertical version, there's no little recess to store the receiver for transport, and the rubber coating is already showing signs of wear despite the fact I barely use it.

I think you did the right thing picking up something cheaper!

4. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Sounds like my Anker was the right choice then - I've had it a couple of years, the finish is still fine, it has forward/back buttons but not free-scroll wheel, and it has a recess to store the dongle :)

If Logitech just made a vertical version of the MX Master then I'd be all over it. But my body just won't tolerate it (or any other "flat" mouse).

To be honest though, what I really need here is another Anker vertical mouse, but a left-handed one. I quite like to swap the mouse from right to left when I'm working - I find it much easier to mouse with the left hand and write with the right than vice-versa!

5. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Whilst they are not cheap, you might find Evoluent vertical mice worth a look. I have this one:
    Evoluent Vertical Mouse D large, https://www.amazon.co.uk/Evoluent-VerticalMouse-handed-wireless-Medium/dp/B08578T74J/ref=sr_1_4?crid=15DD2DRR8IOS7&keywords=evoluent&qid=1699912260&sprefix=evoluent,aps,73&sr=8-4&ufe=app_do:amzn1.fos.cc223b57-2b86-485c-a85e-6431c1f06c86&th=1 You may find them cheaper elsewhere, I don't remember where I bought mine. They come in three sizes and, right or left handed.

6. deathtaker27

deathtaker27 Modder

Just to add mine broke after about 1.5 years of use as well. wasn’t a fan of these ones and went to their non mx vertical which has the wheel scroll features etc.

It feels like they just forgot this mx vertical exists tbh

7. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Cheers - I did look at those a couple of years back when I was thinking about making the switch to a vertical mouse, but didn't fancy dropping £100+ on a vertical mouse and then not liking it! That said, I am now convinced that vertical mice are the future so when this Anker expires I may well trade up to an Evoluent.

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  8. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

This belongs 'ere as well as the Mechanical Keyboard thread, I reckon:

modelf2.jpg

About as ergonomic as a housebrick, but by 'eck I'd forgotten how nice it is to type on this thing!

Arboreal, Yaka, IanW and 1 other person like this.
  9. Mojo

Mojo Multimodder

[​IMG]

ModzeroJuice in the background

10. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Thread revival!

I am about half-way through moving my desk and gaming PC into the “small bedroom”.

I’ve been at it for about three hours.

I hate my life and I want to die.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not pictured: the utter mountain of stuff currently blocking any kind of access to my bedroom.

This self-inflicted torture does have a purpose. We're still planning to move this year, and (because reasons) we’re almost certainly going to end up in a flat. The bedroom I was using as my office will serve us far better as a storage room as we sort through and separate “things we want but use infrequently and can therefore be packed away now”, “stuff we do actually use that needs to be accessible”, and “no you really don’t need a dozen SCART cables any more, so throw them away”. (Admittedly the latter is mostly me, and I’m not even being entirely facetious - I genuinely did throw away a pile of SCART cables not long ago.)

EDIT: Well it fits… (that’s what she said)

Gonna be a lot more… “bijou”… than I’m used to…

[​IMG]

And I still have to deal with “the thing”

[​IMG]

But that’s a job for later, I’ve been at this all afternoon and I’m sick of it. I need food.

Last edited: 18 Feb 2024
    Yaka, Sentinel-R1, xaser04 and 2 others like this.
  11. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Currently going through and re-aligning our setups and currently hating myself and my incessant need to cable manage everything. Looks Great once done but my god it's annoying when you just want to move something quickly to test a new location.

Will need to throw up some revised pictures once I have sorted everything out.

12. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Is there a scart cable in the midst of the thing?

13. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

It's a Thunderbolt dock, little bit too small to get a SCART connector on it :grin:

[​IMG]

14. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

[​IMG]

Last edited: 19 Feb 2024
    Pete J likes this.
  15. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Same mouse, same monitor!

Is that you, bruv?

Weekly_Estimate likes this.
  16. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Cleaned up my setup after parting with my desktop and moving to a docked Ally / Mac setup:

[​IMG]

If I want to run "desktop" Windows setup I can just run either on the Ally (Via 3080 XG Mobile) or spin up a VM on my server / Home lab build. :happy:

EDIT: Sniper Elite 5 is running via GeForce Now Ultimate on the Mac (testing it out for a month, surprisingly decent even on Wifi - Waaaaaaaaaaayyy better on Ethernet of course).