1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Borderlands Pre Sequel

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by MrDomRocks, 14 Oct 2014.

1. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Righto so I have been naughty and VPN activated my copy of the game. Opinion so far, lots of time and effort gone into making a new unique story. It is essentially Handsome Jacks back story and his rise to power.

A few hours in, initially being able to play with a friend in america but the authentication servers have gone down for the UK so I cant connect unless I am on VPN, which just makes the game laggy.

Other things to add yes the game is mostly a reskin of Borderlands 2, with some minor changes the Relics are also Oxygen tanks. These are transferable between classes as the class mods have stayed the same. New elemental weapons as well as new skinned enemies etc.

Enjoying it so far :thumb:

I am compiling a lot of none spoiler screen shots. All but two are 1440p images downscaled to 1080p.

https://imgur.com/a/wsiWE

2. freeclout

freeclout What's a Dremel?

Been looking into getting this. Liking that its being tested and reviewed before the pre-order price runs out. Got 2 days to make my mind up. Not sure it should be a £40 game as it's a re-skin. Will wait and see how you and the many others do.....

3. Wozzname

Wozzname Some random guy

Very tempting to just go for VPN, but I'm going to wait - don't fancy the risk given it's against Steam's T&Cs.

Will be attempting to do my first "Let's Play" of a game with this as well, probably last too!

4. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

It is a reskin when it comes to most of the game mechanics, but then again so was Borderlands 2 some refinements but the format was the same. I have enjoyed it so far and the weapons and storyline is what i am interested in.

Also paying half price via cd key seller is the way to go. I rarely pay full price for a game, some say this hurts the industry. I disagree, but thats not what this thread is about. Fun so far, can't wait to play more.

5. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Waiting for my Tesco pre-order to roll on through. Hopefully they'll deliver on Friday.

6. freeclout

freeclout What's a Dremel?

I am so weak. Bought and paid for. Looks like I'll have to wait to get the key:naughty:

Not sure if there's gonna be anyone in this game as good as a fully tooled up Zero though, but you can hope....

7. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

So far I am not impressed. I am only a short way in and a hard boss and very little life to be found yet he has got plenty to get rid of before he dies. I hope it is not more of you have to have partners to help out all the time.

8. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Installing on PC and laptop now...

9. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I know which bit you mean I have just defeated him myself. When I started I had a partner but got through the rest of the game on my own.

I started again and had some tough fights but did get through it.

10. Wozzname

Wozzname Some random guy

So far enjoying this - going into Nisha's "Law and Order" skill tree is quite a nice alternative thus far compared to the "Fan the Hammer" in normal mode. Will no doubt go into that too once in TVHM.

11. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Looking for someone to help me kill Deadlight.

Edit: Figured out how to get him.

Last edited: 18 Oct 2014
  12. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

This game is really beginning to annoy me, it just is not fun. You seem to lurch from one silly task to the next. Now I am supposed to shock five cameras and a safe with some shield which needs to be depleted and you need to be in exactly the right place and hopefully not get killed in the process.

13. Wozzname

Wozzname Some random guy

If you want a hand with any of the quests just let me know! Steam name is Wozzname.

As far as dying, I kinda expect it to happen at times: same with the previous Borderlands games. Borderlands 2 caught me out in some silly ways at times: Captain Scarlett's DLC had an enemy called anchormen iirc. One threw an anchor at me while I was mid-air to pull me over to them, and I went straight over their head and down a cliff.

Last edited: 18 Oct 2014
  14. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Thanks. It is more of the same, I can find nothing different in this game, nothing new. I am not sure what the developers are trying to say with this game. I potter through it but this will probably be the last Borderlands I buy.

I add you on Steam if you don't mind. I am MrFraggle (UK) by the way.

15. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

It's less about breaking any new gorund, the previous titles did it well, there wasn't any needto change things. It's about plot development and story continuation whilst they work on BL3.

I have played and completed the game and enjoyed it. The quests are fun if not a bit of a pain. Laser weapons are a little OP tbh and drop way too often.

16. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

It's alot of money that really should have been dlc for half the price.

I think I'll wait.

17. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I agree with your point about it being DLC, I only paid 20 quid including the season pass but even so I still feel it is a bit of a rip off. Just more of the same except this time you you also have the annoyance of getting oxygen.

18. Wozzname

Wozzname Some random guy

19. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Lol, I had to Google 'Raid Boss.'

20. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

Aaaaaannnddd......... I'm bored of it already.

BL1 & 2 had me playing for days on end, this I can barely summon up the energy to hit Play.

This really does feel like a cheap, crappy DLC charged at a full price game.