1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows Heroes Season 3

Discussion in 'General' started by kingred, 2 Oct 2008.

1. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

Anyone else catch the first two episodes last night?

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Yes, and the other ones that have aired in the US.

I'm still really confused as to what's going on and I may stop watching it

3. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

Why, I'm finding it pretty straightforward this season as they dont dick about leading people on.

when parkman goes to africa it does get a bit twin peaks but i thought they were good

Last edited: 2 Oct 2008
  4. BigD79

BigD79 Gadding about...

Yup, thought it was great, can't wait to watch the rest. like that it got stuck in with the action and twists and looks like there's more to come!

5. quack

quack Minimodder

Please use [ spoiler ] tags, white text is visible on the Dark style.

6. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

i quite liked how episode two was all "HAHA WE'RE GONNA COPY XMEN AND IT'S GONNA SUCK"

and then ep3 was all NOT REALLY LOL

7. Prestidigitweeze

Prestidigitweeze "Oblivion ha-ha" to you, too.

I wasn't wearing my contacts and thought the title of the thread was "Herpes, Season 3." The idea of three seasons on that topic made me curious about the story arc.

Edit: I watched the first episode of Heroes S3 but, to be blunt, didn't care for the epic grasping. I especially disliked the protracted quoting of Yeats's "The Second Coming." It reminded me of Alan Moore in an uninspired phase, when he confuses rote regurgitated culture for eclecticism. I do like the idea of an entire season devoted to villains' base behavior.

The only two network shows I've wanted to follow this year are Fringe and Pushing Daises.

Last edited: 2 Oct 2008
  8. WildThing

WildThing Minimodder

So far I think its been pretty "meh". Some characters seemed to have changed far too much, like Mohinder Suresh for example.
    Like usually he would be the sensible one, but then all of a sudden he decides to inject himself to get some superpowers. Eh? Why?

9. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

Peter absorbes power, he has Claires ability to regenerate and not die, so why does Claire hold a gun to him at the start?

10. NaNeil

NaNeil What's a Dremel?

A bullet to the brain can still stop him until it's removed I think? Still a big fan of Heroes, it's certainly different from Series 2, but that's a good thing.

I didn't think it was /that/ bad, but the writers actually apologised for the beginning of series 2 being so slow moving...

11. PHILIP1193

PHILIP1193 a Self Confessed HP Server Lover!!

Correct, I think in season 1 when claire was raped or nearly atleaset and the fell and impaled her self, she was dead and on the post mortem table until the examiner pulled the wood out of her head, where by she lived and regenerated.

also the bit in episode 3 where by we find out sylar is from the same family as peter is cool, it explains why he has power and is able to learn things, much like peter.

As such as he is peters Nemesis (as in the opposite in terms of personality to the normal (not from the future) peter in regards to good vs bad)

Phil

12. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

I think the idea/message is that
    power corrupts, just like Sylar

13. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Yea I'm completely confused too. I just don't get it any more all this bouncing around in time and people coming back from the dead or just being ignored...

I was just super happy when we got to see a little side boob on the Mexican lass. Yea, I paused that for a closer look. Damn lack of alternative angle.

14. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Fringe is awful. Piss poor "science" that makes me die inside, the pretentious main character who has ever perfect hair and everytime I see her Boss I think of The Wire and shout "5-0!" :D

15. DaveVader

DaveVader Fast Action Response Team

I have Heroes season 1 on the way, will get season 2 and by the time I've watched them all, season 3 will be ready for me :)

I never get addicted to TV series but recently, I have given up my life for stuff. Never watch it on TV mind.

16. Prestidigitweeze

Prestidigitweeze "Oblivion ha-ha" to you, too.

The "pretentious . . . character" (your phrase seems better suited to the father, who is secondary to the main character) and "piss-poor science" are precisely why I love that show. It plays like a parody of the X Files with an eccentric drooling dotard in place of Agent Mulder. And the pseudo-science is so flagrantly impossible that I picture the writers snickering while concocting it.

The most ridiculous part of all is the interplay between father and son. Judging by the son's unfamiliarity with the father's reasoning, and constant need to profess outrage at his thought processes, the two are really occasional roomates who only seem to be related. Joshua Jackson's character can also be seen as a strange trope on the one he played in the mind-liquefying series, Dawson's Creek -- with the craggy lunatic playing the role of Dawson, whom Jackson has to set straight every twenty seconds.

(Call me easy to please, but I love seeing an unpleasant wizened eccentric land equal puss time among the glamorous Silverlake royalty.)

Last edited: 3 Oct 2008
  17. Clocked

Clocked Yar! It be drivin' me nuts...

for the cheesecakeness

[​IMG]

18. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Tis a fair position.

I don't have that much time to waste these days. If it's not entertaining, I ain't giving it the time of day :D

19. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Jeez I just watched Ep5, WTF is going on?? They are ruining the series with this BS character changes all the time. I mean
    Hiro killing Ando just like that "to save the world"
    GTFO :grr:
    and blonde bint is meant to be good by the end of the season, and Syler is now good.. but bad... and so's Peter.. and Lindermans back but he isn't really..

It's just stupid, needless story writing to fill a series. Everyone is changing position so much I can't even keep track anymore, it's ridiculous.

20. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

yep. it's too bad, had such potential to be a good show and it turned to rubbish. it's becoming a bit of a wire alumnifest though, first marlo, now bubbles. i'll give it a few more episodes before i give up completely, but i don't think they can recover from this path.

Tags: