1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning Help! First Cable Sleeving

Discussion in 'Modding' started by ChArMz, 10 Jan 2009.

1. ChArMz

ChArMz What's a Dremel?

What I want to sleeve:

2 - 6pin PCI-E (geforce gtx 260)
    1 - 24pin to mobo (corsair hx1000 and evga x58)
    1 - 8pin to cpu
    2 - sata II cables
    2 - power cables to HD and cd drive
    2 - power cables to 120mm fans

iIwant to wrap each individual wire, and ten maybe put a big sleeve over them.

i have a lian li v2000 plus II case, if you have any good pictures of wire management they would be helpful

i have decided on this kit, but need to know if it is enoughfor what i am doing:
    http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=825

i also need to know what tools i need to buy to remove the pins or anything else. So please point me in the direction of a good tool/price

thank you

Last edited by a moderator: 11 Jan 2009
  2. GavX

GavX What's a Dremel?

3. ModMinded

ModMinded Are you throwing that away?

Hey Charmz, I don't see a sleeving kit in what you're linking to.
    You could go the route that GavX is suggesting. I just wanted to let you know that you don't really need special tools for the job (I used a small eyeglasses/Jeweler screwdriver for most of the pins and a filed down bobbypin for the ATX & pcie power stuff)
    I'm not sure what you mean by individual wrap and sleeving a group. If you want to sleeve individual wires, you're gonna need more of the small sizes than a kit provides, so you might want to get a kit, and then order a bunch of extra smallest sized sleeves.
    Once I get my photobucket sorted, you can check out some of my sleeving to see what I mean, as I took a bunch of pics of the sleeving process, and of my mistakes to learn from! (I've had to buy extra, and i'm planning on redoing my PSU sleeving just cause it looks kinda crappy.)

Oh yeah, and there are TONS of good examples of wire management here to look at. Use the search. Read some project logs. Also Million Dollar PCs gets linked to a lot for some odd reason. ;)

Last edited: 10 Jan 2009
  4. ChArMz

ChArMz What's a Dremel?

sounds good modminded looking forward to your pictures

EDIT: that kit is in euros

so if i can use things like staples and stuff tha will be betterthan waistig 5-10$ of tools

5. ModMinded

ModMinded Are you throwing that away?