1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Asus X370 Pro Fan Headers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GeorgeK, 18 May 2017.

1. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

This board has the following fan headers

CPU_FAN
    CPU_OPT
    AIO_PUMP
    CHA_FAN1
    CHA_FAN2
    W_PUMP+

All are 4 pin headers and from what I can tell they're all rated for 1A except the W_PUMP+ which is rated for 3A. Can I just plug the CPU fan into the CPU_FAN header and then plug a regular chassis fan into the other 5? The case I will be using has 5 fans and it'd be tidier than using splitters.

Cheers

GK

2. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

IIRC it should work, might cause a few headaches if want to use any fan control gubbinz though.

3. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

You'll be fine, they are just labelled so you have a way of identifying what fan is plugged where when you're adjusting fan curves/profiles... Providing you actually remember after you've finished building the thing and put the side panels back on :p

4. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

haha - I have the same problem with my Z87 sabertooth. I got round it by setting all to minimum except 1, peering through the side panel and then ramping one up to max to see which started spinning faster! Now that I've set my fan profiles in the Asus software I can't for the life of me remember which is which again though... Cheers for the help both