bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 10th Oct 2004, 13:13   #181
Atomic
Gerwaff

Atomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Them 6x9s look perfect for a smash n grab. I'd look at getting a stealth shelf if I were you.
Old 10th Oct 2004, 23:02   #182
-:: M@ ::-
Testify!

-:: M@ ::- has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
6.5" 's but yeah, intend building own parcel shelf and updating the backs to 6x9's and moving the 6.5"s into the front doors, I have the origional crappy covers for the old parcel shelf ones that were already in there, so when I park in a dodgy area I just put the covers over the top of em, makes em look like standard shitty parcel-shelf ones...
First thing im going to do in uni electronics course is my own car-anti theft system, simple klaxon(or 5 ) in the boot with sensors on windows if there smashed, should put people off trying to get in me car

- M@

AMD Sempron 3100 @ 2.61Ghz | DFI Lanparty UT NF3 | 1.5Gb Corsair | Gf 6600GT 256mb
-:: M@ ::- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Oct 2004, 23:35   #183
xen0morph
Bargain wine connoisseur

xen0morph has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Get some alloys on that bebeh if you can afford it, you'd be suprised how much better it drives with wider wheels

Also it could do with a bigger exhaust and intake (I'm not a chav/boy racer - the stock Micra aspiration system is incredibly restrictive, and there is a lot of untapped power in the engine). If you do that it will also mean an ECU upgrade though as more fuel needs to be delivered to match the improved intake and exhaust, otherwise you end up running lean which is bad all round.

The car as standard is designed for fuel economy, not performance. Although fair play to you if you want to keep it that way, as they are very nippy even in standard form.

It is a fantastic car, modded or not.
xen0morph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Oct 2004, 23:51   #184
-:: M@ ::-
Testify!

-:: M@ ::- has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Err wtf? It has got alloys???

Unfortunatly considering its the sports model..the insurance is already 1700, and so can't afford to up it by doing performance mods, might try that in a few years as I have some big plans for my end of uni electronics project that will involve a car (hopefully a old mini really, going to build a full electronic monitoring system, like temps, ECU controlled stuff, speed/rev etc displayed on TFT HUD, or projected onto something)

But yeah can't afford (or even know if im allowed to add the extra stuff) its a SR so it already has an uprated ECU compared to the normal 1.3's and came with alloys as standard, might change air filter/exhaust next year, but never doing body mod's think it looks fine stock, and not a chav

I like the model though, its a 1.3i Twin cam 16 valve engine, ABS, disks all round, alloys, Power steering, electric windows, central locking, sunroof, immobiliser, and ive updated the ICE to a blaupunkt CD/MP3 head and a pair of Db Audio 6.5" raptors in the parcel shelf

- M@

AMD Sempron 3100 @ 2.61Ghz | DFI Lanparty UT NF3 | 1.5Gb Corsair | Gf 6600GT 256mb

Last edited by -:: M@ ::-; 10th Oct 2004 at 23:56.
-:: M@ ::- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Oct 2004, 08:43   #185
Lovah
Apple and Canon fanboy

Lovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for president
Iceman's cars cost about the same as the sum of all the others posted. (probably more).

I'd say we ban him from his thread, and give him his own exotic sports car thread.

There is just something wrong with making hundreds of men cry..

lol
L
MacBook Pro 15" 2.2ghz | iMac 27" i7 | iPad 2 16GB WIFI
Lovah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Oct 2004, 13:56   #186
diskreet
Hypermodder

diskreet has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovah
Iceman's cars cost about the same as the sum of all the others posted. (probably more).

I'd say we ban him from his thread, and give him his own exotic sports car thread.

There is just something wrong with making hundreds of men cry..
I dont think everyone here want all of his cars. In all honesty the only exotic cars i would own are newer ferraris. lambos have always been one step down from ferrari and from what i hear porsche is very overpriced from what you get.

This point-of-view is in no way related to any jealousy, im just saying its too much money to keep all those cars and the only one i would sacrifice that for is a ferrari.

But still, good for him being able to enjoy himself like that. thats the coolest part i think.
All white cables ||| CoolerMaster white LED fans ||| 3DMark 2005 - 5545 ||| 6" LCD in case ||| Pictures Here
diskreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Oct 2004, 20:27   #187
Iceman
Staff

Iceman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Iceman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Iceman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Iceman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Iceman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Iceman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Iceman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Iceman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Iceman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Iceman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Iceman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Diskreet, you need to drive these things yourself to actually make a genuine opinion on these types of cars. The Gallardo is currently the best in its class however we no longer have it. Replaced with the below

Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Oct 2004, 21:10   #188
diskreet
Hypermodder

That i am jealous of, but honestly thats the only car i think i would ever want in that price range. (ill take the new F430 now but thats not what i mean)

beautiful car by the way, but can you take some cool interior pics. good pics of the inside of ferraris are few and far between for some reason?
All white cables ||| CoolerMaster white LED fans ||| 3DMark 2005 - 5545 ||| 6" LCD in case ||| Pictures Here
Old 11th Oct 2004, 21:11   #189
Piratetaco
is always right

Piratetaco has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
god noooooo why??????
Old 11th Oct 2004, 21:14   #190
Iceman
Staff

Iceman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Iceman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Iceman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Iceman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Iceman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Iceman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Iceman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Iceman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Iceman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Iceman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Iceman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Sure thing, i'll get some shots soon for you. F430 is on my list, will be waiting to drive one when they're available and I may put my name down for one then. I know my Dad's waiting for the 430 Spider in 2007 though before he changes.
Old 11th Oct 2004, 21:28   #191
diskreet
Hypermodder

nice... thanks. you and your ferrari are awesome
Old 12th Oct 2004, 15:10   #192
Edhi
Multimodder

Edhi has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It's been said before, and here it is again:

Iceman, what the hell do your family do?! Because I am clearly going into the wrong industry here

I was never a big fan of the 360, until I went to Maranello when holidaying in Italy and stood next to one. My fave was always the 550 Maranello, IMO they spoilt it a bit with the changes on the 575M

Oh, and you simply must get an Aston DB9 in that collection. And take copious amounts of pictures
Edhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Oct 2004, 15:43   #193
:: Phat ::
Oooh shakalaka!

:: Phat :: has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hey Iceman, do you still have the VX220T?

I'm considering getting one in March when I hit 22, I've recieved a VERY competitive quote for insurance (to insure a 220T right this very second would cost me 1400 fully comp) so if I wait till march it will come down again, also I start a new job next week which will make me MUCH MORE financially secure.

0-60 in 4.7seconds, you can't beat that in the 20k price range! I went to the local garage last week to have a look, while I have acctually sat in one before, I've never sat in one with intent to buy. So I gave it a serious look through, and more importantly tested the getting in/out with/without roof technique. When I played around before it was bloody impossible, but when I tried it with intent to buy I quickly found an easy technique.

It would be interesting to get some real life feedback on the car from someone within the same age bracket as me.

. . ______________________ . .

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
- Who will Guard the Guardians?

:: Phat :: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Oct 2004, 15:53   #194
Iceman
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by :: Phat ::
Hey Iceman, do you still have the VX220T?

I'm considering getting one in March when I hit 22, I've recieved a VERY competitive quote for insurance (to insure a 220T right this very second would cost me 1400 fully comp) so if I wait till march it will come down again, also I start a new job next week which will make me MUCH MORE financially secure.

0-60 in 4.7seconds, you can't beat that in the 20k price range! I went to the local garage last week to have a look, while I have acctually sat in one before, I've never sat in one with intent to buy. So I gave it a serious look through, and more importantly tested the getting in/out with/without roof technique. When I played around before it was bloody impossible, but when I tried it with intent to buy I quickly found an easy technique.

It would be interesting to get some real life feedback on the car from someone within the same age bracket as me.
Yeh I still have it, pushing out a lot more power now though, nearly 280bhp and uprated Nitron suspension. 0-60 is 4s or under now with the 0-100 coming in at 10s so its comparable to the 360 Spider now. Where abouts are you based? I'll happily take you out for a drive around so you can get to know it.

Don't forget the performance is only one part. You'll not find a better handling car simple as that, the Elise / VX chasis is one of the best ever made and trust me I've driven pretty much everything there is. Exclusivity, as of this month only 650 VX220 Turbo's have been registered in the UK compared with over 16k Elises. VXT production will stop in summer '05 so be quick! You'll be looking to spend 21-24k to get yourself a sub 10k miler with good spec.
Old 12th Oct 2004, 16:24   #195
Oooh shakalaka!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman
Yeh I still have it, pushing out a lot more power now though, nearly 280bhp and uprated Nitron suspension. 0-60 is 4s or under now with the 0-100 coming in at 10s so its comparable to the 360 Spider now. Where abouts are you based? I'll happily take you out for a drive around so you can get to know it.

Don't forget the performance is only one part. You'll not find a better handling car simple as that, the Elise / VX chasis is one of the best ever made and trust me I've driven pretty much everything there is. Exclusivity, as of this month only 650 VX220 Turbo's have been registered in the UK compared with over 16k Elises. VXT production will stop in summer '05 so be quick! You'll be looking to spend 21-24k to get yourself a sub 10k miler with good spec.
Nice, you've had it AMD tuned then? Full exaust and new Intercooler? I acctually live in Caernarfon N.Wales, about 20 miles from the Anglesey Circuit if you've ever taken her there? I'm going to give the local garage a ring this weekend and arrange a test drive. Ideally I'd like to test both the NA and Turbo version so I can make a much more informed decision in March. The Spider is yet again in the garage and I've lost all faith, so VX220 is the way ahead I think. I've already spoken to the garage regarding the Spider and they will accept it as P/X.

The salesman agreed that I'd get a better price for the Spider private, and that I could probably buy one at a better price private, however, it is good to know that I could always fall back on P/X if I have trouble selling the spider (its going to cost me near enough 4k since last march once the bottom end is put back together!) I explained the hasstle I've had, and expressed my interest to buy via a garage, in order to secure "Network Q" warranties etc. By march, depending how the new job and the business goes it *may* be worth my while to acctually buy new, depending on what the garage is willing to offer on the price & the fact that I can get money off via the GM points that my parents accumilate on the company CC.
When I visited on sunday I only expressed an interest in the NA because I thought the Turbo would be an insurance no no, especially after seeing how much you were paying! But my quote was a pleasent supprise.

Yeah, I'm looking at a 20,000 + price come march. Need to sell the Spider, and pay off the existing loan. The wait till March also gives me 5 months to pay off the incredible dent the damned Spider has left on my CC.

Old 12th Oct 2004, 16:54   #196
Piratetaco
is always right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman

Ever driven an R34 if so what do you think of the it?

Last edited by Piratetaco; 12th Oct 2004 at 17:06.
Piratetaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Oct 2004, 17:16   #197
Edhi
Multimodder

Edhi has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Phat, from who did you get such a fantastic insurance quote?!

My first car wont be anything like a VX220, but hopefully they do such great deals on ... rather smaller cars too.
Edhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Oct 2004, 17:20   #198
Piratetaco
is always right

norwich union are good for first time insurance. they saved me 500 compared to other insurers.
Old 12th Oct 2004, 19:37   #199
Oooh shakalaka!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edhi
Phat, from who did you get such a fantastic insurance quote?!
Admiral.

I live in an Area A, the car would be garaged, I've access to another car and the quote includes my mum as a named driver.

Old 12th Oct 2004, 20:22   #200
calking13
Multimodder

calking13 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel

I have no car, i am only 14

but my dad got a repoed 03 Hyndai Tiburan with Infinity Stereo System
good vacation car

btw, iceman how many cars can one person have since the thread started?
can i have your job?

Last edited by calking13; 12th Oct 2004 at 20:46.
calking13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aardvarks and aasvogels, motors, say no to skimlinks, say yes to aardvarks, say yes to skimmed milk

View Mode