bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Recreation > Photography, Art & Design

Old 27th Apr 2007, 11:10   #1
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
Bit-tech Needs Forumites Help!

We need a LOAD of little images for use in the revamp of bit-tech's forums. They need to be 70x20 pixels and have the name and if you want, a picture as well. You can do simple animation, but limit yourself to two or three frames max. Ideally they need to be small

Here's what we've got, and what we still need (bold items are outstanding):
  • Hardware
  • Modding
  • Announcement
  • Gaming
  • Competition
  • Bits
  • Column
  • News
  • Bulletin
  • Case Mod
  • Scratch Build
  • Electronics
  • How-to
  • Oops!
  • Overclocking
  • Graphics
  • Displays
  • Cooling
  • Laptops
  • SFF
  • Networking
  • Windows
  • Apple
  • Linux
  • HTPC
  • Photoshop
  • Software
  • TV
  • Audio
  • DVDs
  • HD DVD
  • Blu-ray
  • Portable
  • MP3
  • Camcorder
  • PC Gaming
  • PS3
  • Xbox 360
  • Xbox
  • Wii
  • PS2
  • GameCube
  • Handheld
  • Old School
  • Cameras
  • Photos
  • POTM
  • Motors
  • Music
  • YouTube
  • Movies
  • Education
  • Food
  • Beer
  • Politics
  • Flame
  • FS UK
  • FS US
  • Sold
  • WTD UK
  • WTD US
  • Deals
  • UK Trade
  • US Trade
  • Price Check
  • Rant
  • Humour
  • Serious
  • Question
  • Link
  • Request
  • Poll
  • Help
  • n00b/Newbie
  • Tubes
  • Internets
  • Tech
  • Computers
  • w00t!
Template is available to download here

We wanted to open it up to you lot for fresh ideas and to get forum community inspiration in it because at the end of the day you'll be using it.

Last edited by Bindibadgi; 28th Apr 2007 at 22:54.
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Apr 2007, 11:19   #2
Fod
what is the cheesecake?

Fod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run Crysis
planning on going SomethingAwful on us, eh?
hire your own damn graphic designers! :P
Old 27th Apr 2007, 11:43   #3
ComputerKing

ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
ok what exactly you want ! mean were this things !! I don't get what you mean !!

Tell me . show me some examples ! Please I want join !

thanks

The King Of CK Appreciation Society Group
ComputerKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Apr 2007, 11:44   #4
Glider
/dev/null

Glider is definitely a rep cheat.Glider is definitely a rep cheat.Glider is definitely a rep cheat.Glider is definitely a rep cheat.Glider is definitely a rep cheat.Glider is definitely a rep cheat.Glider is definitely a rep cheat.Glider is definitely a rep cheat.Glider is definitely a rep cheat.Glider is definitely a rep cheat.Glider is definitely a rep cheat.
I'll whip up a tux for the Linux forum this evening...
Old 27th Apr 2007, 11:50   #5
Atomic
Gerwaff

Atomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindibadgi
It makes me sad you reply like that, because a few years ago people would have jumped at the chance of helping out and making permanent content that millions of people will see.
I'm sure there will be others willing to help, us 'old timers' are still about
Atomic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Apr 2007, 11:50   #6
RTT
#parp

RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Oi oi. It's your forums, so we figured people might want to add something of their own in, so their work will remain on the site for the next few years at least. Yea, stuff will be tagged like SomethingAwful as that method seems to work well.

It makes me sad you reply like that, because a few years ago people would have jumped at the chance of helping out and making permanent content that millions of people will see. We're trying hard to re-inject some life into the forums, but it's a two way thing. If people want the forums to continue then they've got to give something back occasionally. We could spend a day or so designing them but they'll be boring and generic, and that's a day taken away from doing the rest of the stuff on bit for you.
dude, i think his reply was in jest

yes, we're tagging the forums, it's no secret tags are awesome, the more i see them on other forums, SA in particular, the more i wish bit had them we also have far too many forums which just dilutes activity
Old 27th Apr 2007, 11:52   #7
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTT
dude, i think his reply was in jest
Bah. Sore nerve++
Old 27th Apr 2007, 11:53   #8
Fod
what is the cheesecake?

Fod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run Crysis
yeah i was joking. bad day so far? :P <-- why does that never work?
Old 27th Apr 2007, 11:57   #9
RTT
#parp

RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
in vbull it's a lowecase p ->
Old 27th Apr 2007, 12:00   #10
ComputerKing

ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
ohh I see

The King Of CK Appreciation Society Group
ComputerKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Apr 2007, 12:03   #11
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fod
yeah i was joking. bad day so far? :P <-- why does that never work?
Very, very busy
Old 27th Apr 2007, 13:30   #12
Hwulex
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Hwulex has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Ideally they need to be small
How small? Requirements, boy. It's all in the detail.

Size, format, colour depth, transparancy allowed? etc.

Man, if you work requirements in my software team I'd kick your arse.

PS; might have a crack later.
Old 27th Apr 2007, 13:40   #13
Jamie
ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Jamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Requirements, specs? We wish!
Old 27th Apr 2007, 13:45   #14
m0o0oeh
Tech noob. I know.

m0o0oeh has yet to learn the way of the Dremelm0o0oeh has yet to learn the way of the Dremelm0o0oeh has yet to learn the way of the Dremelm0o0oeh has yet to learn the way of the Dremelm0o0oeh has yet to learn the way of the Dremelm0o0oeh has yet to learn the way of the Dremelm0o0oeh has yet to learn the way of the Dremelm0o0oeh has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'll have a bash - got the rest of the week off. Again, requirements would be useful, and I'll have a bash in p-shop later.

Joe

Mac Quiksilver 733, 768 SDRAM, NVidia GeForce 2MX 32 Mb RAM. "Dr. Horrible"
Acer Aspire One A150, 1.66 Intel Atom, 1 gig DDR2 RAM. "Captain Hammer"
m0o0oeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Apr 2007, 14:03   #15
Bogomip
... Yo Momma

Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
If its meant to be something along the lines of the SA forums, can you at least try and make it look good ?

Is this not already in action anyway albeit with little smilies rather than big offensive pics
Bogomip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Apr 2007, 14:04   #16
Fod
what is the cheesecake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwulex
How small? Requirements, boy. It's all in the detail.

Size, format, colour depth, transparancy allowed? etc.
as a soft goal it's fine; i guess we have to engineer the requirements ourselves
Old 27th Apr 2007, 14:14   #17
alastor
I Mod, Therefore I Own

alastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysis
These are my Paint-tastic efforts so far, are they the sort of things you're looking for? Feel free to do a much better job of the same ideas.

Last edited by alastor; 27th Apr 2007 at 14:25.
alastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Apr 2007, 14:47   #18
ArtificialHero
We were just punking him sir!

ArtificialHero has yet to learn the way of the DremelArtificialHero has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
If they're actually going to be used for the forum could I suggest that some sort of template be decided on - I'll whip something up in photoshop to demonstrate what I'm saying.

PS Bindi: chill!

EDIT: Something like this:

My point being that the forums will look a lot nicer IMO if the tag images have a unified theme, with the text in the same font and the same position. Just my 2 pence.

AH

Last edited by ArtificialHero; 27th Apr 2007 at 14:54.
ArtificialHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Apr 2007, 15:00   #19
alastor
I Mod, Therefore I Own

alastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysis
What AH said +1
Old 27th Apr 2007, 15:01   #20
Jamie
ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Jamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Windows