bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 13th Dec 2009, 13:49   #1
Angel OD
Pump Killer

Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Wii - UNLimited Edition - Featured in the Swedish M3 Magazine.

Back again, the long dark evenings are upon us, and I had to find something to keep me annoyed, my mind racing, and my nights sleepless... (You guessed it, I have no current girlfriend! )

I've been looking around, and for some weired reason, noone has watercooled a Nintendo Wii before... And since I want it wall-mounted, I had to figure out something at the same time.

My first thought was to do a Wii5, a 1:2 scaled version of the Mac G5 case, that I've come to love badly! But that's gonna come later on, when I get a larger appartment, and the kitchenpc is a must.

This time I actually have a PLAN of how this should come out! Believe it or not. Minor changes will come, this is why I will not reveal the immense scale of this project as of now.
Those who will follow my thread, will (hopefully) see the result as it gets completed.

A fews hints: Yes, it will ofcourse be watercooled.
Yes, the front will be see-through.
Yes, I will mess up from time to time.
And last but not least, as of this moment, it still works!

Now, on with the show:

The Wii as we all know it:

The drive with some marking, for cutting:

The drive after cnc:

Painted black:

Enough of the drive!

On to Le Pump, that I had lying around from my first mod:

Now, this has to fit into a tube with a core diameter of 59mm, therefore a bit of modding is required:

It still needs a trip to the lathe, pics will come later!

Ye olde Waterblock! Made in the same idea as the block I made for my GFX on the G5, channels inside to make the water run through!

Bottom milled:

The top done:

This is then my FIRST idea, which has been scrapped:

The inlet/outlet will go in the sides now, to make it more "Wii compatible"
This can be seen in the first assembly, on the backplate:

No case without sides! Left and right are somewhat similar, but I only have a pic of the left one:

Very, VERY crude idea of part of the setup:

That should actually do it for now, I hope to amaze you guys a bit, as this project goes forth. If not, I just hope I like it myself!

Looking through the preview, I found error number 1... But you guys will never know!
http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=207889 - Motm nominee
The Theory of Everything http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=219504 - Motm WINNER!

Last edited by Angel OD; 23rd Aug 2012 at 23:58.
Angel OD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Dec 2009, 13:58   #2
PureSilver
E-tailer Tailor

PureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Ahem - this is - genius?

sub'd
PureSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Dec 2009, 14:06   #3
Matticus

Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.
Wow, now that is exactly what I needed to see. Mental subcribe, I never actually subscribe, I make a mental list. That way its more fun to find someone has made progress, or to forget then remember to find loads of progress.
Old 13th Dec 2009, 14:55   #4
n0va
Burnin'!

n0va has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Awesome! I love Wii modding! Would you mind sending me over the old Wii case? I love dem... ^____^
Old 13th Dec 2009, 15:58   #5
bigsharn
Officially demotivated

bigsharn can run Crysisbigsharn can run Crysisbigsharn can run Crysisbigsharn can run Crysisbigsharn can run Crysisbigsharn can run Crysisbigsharn can run Crysisbigsharn can run Crysisbigsharn can run Crysis
Wait, what? Watercooled Wii?

...WIN!
Old 13th Dec 2009, 16:10   #6
Dark~3nergy
what was dat sandvich ?

Dark~3nergy has yet to learn the way of the DremelDark~3nergy has yet to learn the way of the DremelDark~3nergy has yet to learn the way of the DremelDark~3nergy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
woah awesome, another project by Angel OD !!

that waterblock looks really awesome !
|||||||||
Dark~3nergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Dec 2009, 16:11   #7
M7ck
Ⓜod Ⓜaster

M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Oh my!

Subbed!
Old 13th Dec 2009, 16:30   #8
KrunchR
Supermodder

KrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Pure. Awesome.
KrunchR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Dec 2009, 17:02   #9
jrs77
theorycrafting

jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I don't know, why you need to watercool a Wii, but who cares, if it looks like that great

Stop using your smartphone as much and look up!
jrs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Dec 2009, 17:18   #10
Sheiken
Wat?

Sheiken is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSheiken is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSheiken is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSheiken is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSheiken is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSheiken is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSheiken is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSheiken is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSheiken is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSheiken is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSheiken is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Wiin.
Old 13th Dec 2009, 17:26   #11
WarrenJ
Mod Master

WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheiken View Post
Wiin.
Fail
WarrenJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Dec 2009, 18:09   #12
MarkW7
Total Noob

MarkW7 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MarkW7 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MarkW7 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MarkW7 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MarkW7 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MarkW7 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MarkW7 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MarkW7 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MarkW7 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MarkW7 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MarkW7 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.

Last edited by MarkW7; 20th Nov 2010 at 14:50.
MarkW7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Dec 2009, 18:30   #13
jhanlon303
The Keeper of History

jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Some people will water cool anything! I need to watch this one. Angel is back.

john
Old 13th Dec 2009, 19:22   #14
Kumo
Hypermodder

Kumo has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Very nice, dude. I like the idea.
Kumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Dec 2009, 19:57   #15
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheiken View Post
Wiin.
...Would be pronounced, "ween."

AngelOD's getting his Wii wet!
...Wet Wiily? Wii jokes never get old. It's good to see you back. When you get snowed in, good things happen.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Dec 2009, 20:28   #16
cobalt6700
Multimodder

cobalt6700 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Some very nice work there! I'm subbing to this one too!
cobalt6700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Dec 2009, 22:06   #17
Jaguar_Infinity
Just some guy

Jaguar_Infinity has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
A watercooled Wii.... i see no reason for it to exist but then i see no reason for it not to exist! I'm liking it, it maybe crazy but then all the best things are
Jaguar_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Dec 2009, 10:16   #18
dakota67
SOUTH DAKOTA MODDER!!!

dakota67 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I love this project. ITs COOL!!
dakota67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Dec 2009, 10:36   #19
stonedsurd
Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
This is crazy. In the best way possible. Sub'd
Old 14th Dec 2009, 19:47   #20
Angel OD
Pump Killer

Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Holy Moly... I feel loved! Missed at least!

WarrenJ <--
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheiken
Wiin.

Fail
LOLS

Cheaps <--
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheiken
Wiin.

...Would be pronounced, "ween."

AngelOD's getting his Wii wet!
...Wet Wiily? Wii jokes never get old. It's good to see you back. When you get snowed in, good things happen.
Apparently, comments posted by you, never get old!

To the rest of you guys, thx for all the comments!

Well, very small update, kinda boring, but felt like writing something!

Didn't have much time today, so I only got to make the inner tops and bottoms of the reservoirs...
The resses have been cut, but not machined yet, wednesday should bring more to update about!

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=207889 - Motm nominee
The Theory of Everything http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=219504 - Motm WINNER!

Last edited by Angel OD; 24th Sep 2011 at 14:21.
Angel OD is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode