bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 10th Dec 2010, 11:54   #1
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

AnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run Crysis
Project : Sors salutis -by AnG3L(15 April 2011 - Video is UP)

Scratch build : Project : Sors Salutis

Intro:
Hello there my friends again, I am back for our fourth journey through the magic world of modding!
I named this project inspired by Carl's Orff famous song Carmina Burana.
Sors Salutis means fade is against me.

The project will be as you already realised a scratch build mainly composed by acrylic and wood.
The colours will be white, black (wood) and red.
2 different compartments will host:
no 1 - motherboard, psu, hdd, dvd-rom, reservoir and
no 2 - radiators, pump
These 2 compartments will be removable for easier transfer.

After countless hand drawings and different concepts I came up with this final design
which you will see unfolding through my updates day after day as I will work as fast as I can
to finish this project as soon as possible.
I tried to stay out of the normal "box" style case and hopefully you will all like it at the end!

Enough with this little intro, let the journey begin!!!

SPONSORS:

Last edited by AnG3L; 15th Apr 2011 at 17:28.
AnG3L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Dec 2010, 11:55   #2
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

AnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run Crysis
So to give you a clue how the build will look like here is the front (many things will be added though etc)

And here is the back side:

These are some of the acrylic main pieces I am going to use:

More of them! The clear acrylic will be used for illuminating by red leds.

So lets begin with the modding! I will use different kind of wood as you will see.
For the clear acrylic covers I am going to use a 3 mm marine plywood.
Here I draw the covers on the wood to be cut later on.

For my previous experience this particular piece of wood cannot be cut with a jigsaw as its very thin and it chips off very easily
but I am going to use it to make the big cuts and then find a way to do the details.

First I used this blade which it was a fails so I changed it with a blade I use for metal.

First piece removed!

Second phase!

The only way for me to cut the wood with damaging it, it was the dremmel! Time wasting process and a lot of burning wood smell lol !!

By using a bit for carving wood I did the round parts which I first drilled.

Then it was time for the sanding drum to come in action.

For the final touch I attached the acrylic part with the wood to file it and make them fit together perfectly.

Here are the (almost) final shots for the covers.

So thats all for now guys, I will try to work as fast and give you updates as soon as I can. For the moment it rains so I will stay inside
but soon as the weather is shiny again I will be back!
Thanks for reading guys and wish me good luck for this 4th journey!! Peace!

Last edited by AnG3L; 10th Dec 2010 at 12:10.
Old 10th Dec 2010, 12:32   #3
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

I forgot to mention the hardware! :P
So in this mod I am going to use the components I used with Case Mod Project : AnG3L.
Evga X58 F T W motherboard
Intel Core i7 920 @ 4Ghz
Corsair 6gbs ram @ 1866 Mhz
Asus GTX 295
all watercooled

hdd and dvd will follow soon as I might do some hardware changes too.
Old 10th Dec 2010, 12:41   #4
DeadP1xels
Music Enthusiast

DeadP1xels is definitely a rep cheat.DeadP1xels is definitely a rep cheat.DeadP1xels is definitely a rep cheat.DeadP1xels is definitely a rep cheat.DeadP1xels is definitely a rep cheat.DeadP1xels is definitely a rep cheat.DeadP1xels is definitely a rep cheat.DeadP1xels is definitely a rep cheat.DeadP1xels is definitely a rep cheat.DeadP1xels is definitely a rep cheat.DeadP1xels is definitely a rep cheat.
*Pulls up seat and begins to listen*
[i7-4700K][Asus Maximus VI Hero][H100i][R9 270X][HyperX Beast 32GB 2400mhz][NI KORE][1TB WD Caviar Black][Corsair 450W VS][Cosmos SE][Razer Abyssus][Microsoft Reclusa][Samsung S27C450B][Behringer B1031A][Shure SE215]
DeadP1xels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Dec 2010, 13:04   #5
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

Thanks bro, welcome to this journey!
Old 10th Dec 2010, 13:05   #6
Cleveland216
Carbon Fiber King

Cleveland216 has yet to learn the way of the DremelCleveland216 has yet to learn the way of the DremelCleveland216 has yet to learn the way of the DremelCleveland216 has yet to learn the way of the DremelCleveland216 has yet to learn the way of the DremelCleveland216 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
You are a profilic Modder, if only I had the time to mod as much as you! Between college and work, I just have no time, though, maybe this spring I will build something. Anyways, the build looks to be awesome!
Cleveland216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Dec 2010, 13:19   #7
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

Thanks buddy, well I used to work before too but after a serious accident I couldnt work fulltime anymore so now I have the time to mod as much as I want or perhaps as much as my spine allows me to!
Old 10th Dec 2010, 13:31   #8
stonedsurd
Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
NO! NO! NO!

You cannot keep doing this! It's not fair to the rest of us
Old 10th Dec 2010, 13:40   #9
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

LoL Well at least I have one passion besides smoking to feed my earthy life! Thanks bro! Welcome 2!
Old 10th Dec 2010, 13:40   #10
ringoiom
Modder

ringoiom has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Sub'd - loved Future Schlock - Glad I can be in on this one from the start!
ringoiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Dec 2010, 13:47   #11
The boy 4rm oz
Project: Elegant-Li

The boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This is looking to be another very cool project Alex. I can't wait to see how it turns out .
Project: LEXA FINISHED MOTM Nominee October 08
The boy 4rm oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Dec 2010, 13:48   #12
Fabou
Supermodder

Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Yeeehaa, you just made my day.
I really like your comment mate I wish I could express myself like this too! Thanks buddy!!
Fabou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Dec 2010, 14:01   #13
Alexandros
Modder

Alexandros has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Oh no you didn't. Just when I got rid of that nasty addiction, you release another build!

Glad to see you start another one though . I can't wait to see how it turns out.
Alexandros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Dec 2010, 14:17   #14
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringoiom View Post
Sub'd - loved Future Schlock - Glad I can be in on this one from the start!
Thank you my friend, welcome 2 to this journey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The boy 4rm oz View Post
This is looking to be another very cool project Alex. I can't wait to see how it turns out .
Thanks Jason my friend I hope you wont wait too long as I will rush this project!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabou View Post
Yeeehaa, you just made my day.
You made my day too buddy!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandros View Post
Oh no you didn't. Just when I got rid of that nasty addiction, you release another build!

Glad to see you start another one though . I can't wait to see how it turns out.
Nasai kala file mou, thanks for the kind comment!!!
Old 10th Dec 2010, 14:29   #15
stonedsurd
Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnG3L View Post
LoL Well at least I have one passion besides smoking to feed my earthy life! Thanks bro! Welcome 2!
Smokin' aint a passion bro. Given that I'm usually surrounded by a haze of smoke, I'm the last person to get preachy but I'm sick of hearing about people I love and care about dying from smoking-related causes, so I've decided to get out while I'm ahead.

Anyway, I'm not going to fill this log with lecturing and BS, so mod on and let's have some more jaw-dropping stuff that only you can deliver!
Old 10th Dec 2010, 15:03   #16
Attila
still thinking....

Attila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for president
That was quick!

Good to see you back at it, I'll be watching as I'm sure it will be as interesting as your other work.

Good luck.
Old 10th Dec 2010, 15:18   #17
dralix
What's a Dremel?

dralix has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
nice shapes, good luck with your build!
dralix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Dec 2010, 15:25   #18
matt_lumley
You're only supposed to...

matt_lumley should be considered for presidentmatt_lumley should be considered for presidentmatt_lumley should be considered for presidentmatt_lumley should be considered for presidentmatt_lumley should be considered for presidentmatt_lumley should be considered for presidentmatt_lumley should be considered for presidentmatt_lumley should be considered for presidentmatt_lumley should be considered for presidentmatt_lumley should be considered for presidentmatt_lumley should be considered for president
I've read all of your project logs and there is only one way to say this but your work is astounding! Im glad im here to see this one from the beginning, mod on and let the brilliance continue!

oh and ps. sub'd!
matt_lumley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Dec 2010, 17:15   #19
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedsurd View Post
Smokin' aint a passion bro. Given that I'm usually surrounded by a haze of smoke, I'm the last person to get preachy but I'm sick of hearing about people I love and care about dying from smoking-related causes, so I've decided to get out while I'm ahead.

Anyway, I'm not going to fill this log with lecturing and BS, so mod on and let's have some more jaw-dropping stuff that only you can deliver!
I will on smoking and modding then!!! Thanks bro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila View Post
That was quick!

Good to see you back at it, I'll be watching as I'm sure it will be as interesting as your other work.

Good luck.
Brother, my honor to have you here again next to me and my work! I hope you will like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dralix View Post
nice shapes, good luck with your build!
Thanks for the wishes my friend!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_lumley View Post
I've read all of your project logs and there is only one way to say this but your work is astounding! Im glad im here to see this one from the beginning, mod on and let the brilliance continue!

oh and ps. sub'd!
Thank you very much my friend for appreciating my work so far and for taking the time to read through all my projects!! Welcome to the 4th journey!
Old 10th Dec 2010, 18:29   #20
Razarach
Multimodder

Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
nice work so far, this will be awesome build.
Razarach is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awesome, plexi

View Mode