1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project: Chocolate Temptation-Update 4 June - I have got Sick & Facebook Page!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by KoSoVaR^, 23 Jun 2011.

1. KoSoVaR^

KoSoVaR^ Professional Sleever & Modder

[​IMG]

Hello Everyone!

I am starting a new major project and what I had in mind is a small but powerful and also very goodlooking mini-ITX systems. My plans for the system is to use the Fractal Array R2 mini-ITX Chassis
    together with an BeQuiet SFX PSU wich will be modified with an extra PCI-e cable and some other major mods. As you may already have understood, I will sleeve PSU ... Of course! The theme of the
    whole thing will be chocolate ... do not misunderstand me this will be a purely aesthetic construction that will have with the wonderful tasting and smelling chocolate's color to do. The Fractalchassi itself has the perfect size and it has many possibilities for modifications and difficult custom water cooling installations. It is also small but very clean and neat in the whole look and therefor which got my interest in it. I have at this stage is already planned to do a complete watercoolingsystem that will require some modifications, nerves of steel and to say the least a lot of patience. PSU itself is perfect for the purpose, it has the right amount of power needed and it does not take much space, it will blend in very well with the rest of the system when...as I said singelsleeve it. I hope you will like my latest project at least but not last it's time to enjoy the project in front of the screen with a chocolatebar in your hand! Bon apetit !

Hardware:
    Case: Fractal Array R2
    Power Supply: Be quiet SFX 350w
    Motherboard: Zotac Z68 ITX
    Processor: Intel Sandybridge 2500K/2600K
    Ram: Corsair Dominator GT 2000mhz
    Graphicscard: Zotac Geforce GTX 470 1280mb
    SSD: Patriot Pyro 120GB
    HDD: ?

Watercooling:
    Fans: Enermax TB.Silence (4x120mm)
    Radiators: 1x Hardware Labs Black Ice® GT Stealth 120mm XFlow Radiator Black, 1x Hardware Labs Black Ice® GT Stealth 240mm XFlow Radiator Black
    CPU-Block: EK Supreme LTX
    SB/NB-block: Liquid Extasy Vuci Acetal
    RAM-Block: Bitspower Galaxy Freezer 2
    GPU-Block: Bitspower Black Freezer VG-NGTX470 POM Top With Matt Black Panel
    Reservoir: Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 250 (ICE Black Body & Black POM Cap Version)
    Pump: Swiftech MCP350
    PumpTop: Bitspower DDC TOP POM Version
    Fittings: Bitspower
    8x Bitspower Matt Black Compression Fitting CC6 (G1/4", ID 7/16" OD 5/8")
    4x Bitspower Matt Black Dual Rotary Angle Compression Fitting CC6 (G1/4", ID 7/16" OD 5/8")
    14x Bitspower Matt Black Triple Rotary 90-Degree Compression Fitting CC6 (G1/4", ID 7/16" OD 5/8")
    4x Bitspower Matt Black Dual Rotary 45-Degree Compression Fitting CC6 (G1/4", ID 7/16" OD 5/8")
    Hose: Primochill 7/16"ID, 5/8"OD Clear
    Coils: Bitspower UV-Reactive Smart-Coil 400 OD 5/8"
    Orings: Bitspower Red Color O-Ring Set For G1/4" 30x
    Radiatorgard: Bitspower Custom Design Radgard II 240 Acrylic UV Reactiv - Honneycomb

Chocolate Temptation is proudly sposored by:
    Fractal Design
    BeQuiet
    Bitspower
    Lamptron
    Djungelapa
    SpecialTech
    Patriot
    Mayhems Dye
    Zotac

Last edited: 4 Jun 2012
    ReDoZz likes this.
  2. KoSoVaR^

Now it's finally time for a large PictureBomb. My first package from one of my sponsors Bequiet is here!
    I was sponsored with following:
    1x BeQuiet SFX POWER 350W
    2x BeQuiet Silent Wings UCS 140mm
    2x BeQuiet Silent Wings UCS 120mm
    2x BeQuiet Silent Wings UCS 80mm

Thank you BeQuiet for the support!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PSU

[​IMG]

I could not believe how small it really was, there is also some accessories as for an ordinary PSU...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BeQuiet <3

[​IMG]

The Fans:

[​IMG]

Front, neatly wrapped with a face that can be opened in the form of a flap that is attached with Velcro tape

[​IMG]

Behind the door which is hiding some information out of their special features.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Out of the box with some accessories, really awesome fans with a wonderful fastening device! Why does not all fans have theese :O??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5 Push Sticks and 5 Rubber Bushings, one extra of both if you break or loose it

[​IMG]

The clamp is made out of rubber

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12/7v and a 3-4pin molexadapters

[​IMG]

Closeup of the special and very stylish fan blades

[​IMG]

Least but not last the size differences

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have got mesasges from BitsPower and Lamptron that they have sent off my packages so they should to come soon...I guess ... So far, I will make an extra 6pin cable and open the small PSU and plan modification out of it, There will be an update with images either later today or tomorrow do not forget to subscribe and comment!​

/KoSoVaR!

Last edited: 23 Jun 2011
  3. Karrek

Karrek Minimodder

Nice equipment. I'll have to look into that.

What is the design for your case? Any progress on that?

ReDoZz likes this.
  4. Dezzsoke

Dezzsoke What's a Dremel?

Are u planning to light up the vents?
    Some brownish would be mad on 'em I guess.

ReDoZz likes this.
  5. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Very nice stuff, can't wait for more!

6. KoSoVaR^

Thank you, you are more than welcome!
    I want the case as clean as possible, i havent got it yet thow, Adriana from fractal has told me that it will be delivered 14-16 July so i can go to the headquarter and pick it up :), nothing fancy nancy, just a clean case with a chocolatebrown metallic from volvo XC60 :), i will be painting it in my workshop :)

i dont know actually, but how did you have in mind to do that ???
    Hmm to bad there is no brow light, it would be awsome !

Thank you !, i will make my second uppdate later today :)

Last edited: 23 Jun 2011
    ReDoZz likes this.
  7. Dezzsoke

Dezzsoke What's a Dremel?

With RGB leds, theres 4 cable red,green,blue,negative, u need to adjust the resistors to reach the color u want.
    I'd use 3 potmeters(this is the right word i think), to reach the color, then replace them with some resistors, or keep them in the circuit, so u can change the colors.

8. KoSoVaR^

ahaa you mean like that, but unfortunately i dont think that would work, i have a RGB diod at home that i can test with but hmm...well se about that :)

9. KoSoVaR^

I Thought it was time for another update, I'm sorry I did not make it yesterday, I was quite busy with other things in the household:), but better late than never right?

I intend to begin a little bit on the PSU. I got some Cable, Pins and some 6-pin connector some while ago and I thank Stefan from djungelapa for this! I started the day with makeing a 6-pin cable, which went quite smoothly with the non-optimal crimping tool that I had borrowed from the workshop:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then it was time to open the PSU, and yes what can I say ... 5 screws later, it was opened:)
    Warranty is for wimps: P

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Two screws on each side and one at the back where all the wires going outand done!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally! I was very careful not to touch anything on the inside as I have previously received a less pleasant electric shock from a different PSU.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

420V 180Degrees, not bad things thow for a such small PSU :)

[​IMG]

That's all for this time, I'll be back with updates as soon as i have something new to show up!
    Feel free to coment !
    Edit: My Packeges will be here soon so there will be some product boundle pics next week
    Peace!
    /Kosovar!​

Last edited: 25 Jun 2011
  10. KoSoVaR^

Today I have worked a bit on the project, it was time to clean out some wires from the PSU and add my second 6-pin cable that I made ​​earlier, it went well without any problems at all,I will also fix the sata cable later because I want an extra 4-pin Molex connector along the end of the kable for my fan controller ... I will be ordering some connectors and cable-management-clips for organizing the cables in the small case soon:)

I started the day by cutting off the wire to the fan to not bother me while working with the PSU

[​IMG]

Then I cut off the two molex cables because I dont want to have lots of unnecessary cables lying everywhere inside the case later...

[​IMG]

Then I prepared the cables before soldering, with scaling them of and dip them into some soldering paste.

[​IMG]

A solderstand is your best solderfriend!

[​IMG]

The cables have been soldered and they are ready to be soldered together with those from the PSU

[​IMG]

And done!

[​IMG]

Dont forget a pice of protecting heatshrink!

[​IMG]

Grouppic with less cable clutter, its always a delight for non-modular PSU:s!

[​IMG]

Peace for now!
    /KoSoVaR

Last edited: 26 Jun 2011
  11. KidMod-Southpaw

Nice work on the power supply :)

12. jamsand

jamsand Minimodder

I'll be waiting patiently for the chocolate to show itself....chocolate in the watercooling system :D

ReDoZz likes this.
  13. KoSoVaR^

Thank you ;)

Haha :p, a guy on sweclockers said something similar :p, haha i dont think the pump would like that :), just whait for the chocolate to cool down and drain it out on a glass an drink it...jummy !

14. jamsand

jamsand Minimodder

15. KoSoVaR^

thank you man :), i will ask for a brown version :), i appreciate your help man ! creds for you !

Edit: I asked and the only thing left is to hope that they are willing to help me :)

Edit: I have talked to them now a little bit and i think they will fix some special made watercoolingfluid for me :), really good person to talk with :)

Last edited: 26 Jun 2011
  16. KoSoVaR^

I have a little news to go out with ... I have talked with Nick from Mayhem Dye now for a day now after the Bit-Tech-user "jamsand" said to me that i should ask them if they could make me a special coolant for my project and purposes as I myself more than anything rather like. After a little talk with Nick who owns the company he was willing to start produce a brown coolant for me, it will take about 2 weeks to get it manufactured and tested to ensure that it will work to have inside my watercooling system without any trouble at all.

I thank once again Nick from MAYHEM DYE!

[​IMG]

I have also opened a thread on sweclocker some while ago te get help how to find or make bruwn coolant from other coolant out there (In swedish, Use google translate addon or web translater if you are intrested in reading that discussion)
    http://www.sweclockers.com/forum/5-modifikationer-och-egna-konstruktioner/1015644-brunt-kylmediet-till-vatenkylnings-systemet/

Some coolants can be mixed with eachother, but I say one thing ... Do not do that! Especially not with Feser's ... I was also in contact with them and they said that there will be strong chemical reactions that can cause problems with water cooling system if you mix their pre-mixed coolant with each other. I could buy a Red from primo chill and put in a green Dye but I do not think it will be the way I want it, why the figure of things when it could be that simple as this?

I will return with information about two weeks when my coolant is fully tested, I will of course make updated from time to time of course!

Take care so long!

17. jamsand

jamsand Minimodder

That's fantastic! we may get our chocolate fountain after all lol. Good luck with it mayhem dyes are awesome so to get your custom made will be cool :).

18. KoSoVaR^

Yeees,if i clock that chocolate i get = Chocolate Rain... i have to post this one, but this is the 8-bit remix ;)

Nick was very kind, he helped me with this so fast :jawdrop:, big creds for him !, this will really make my project more unique and special!

19. KidMod-Southpaw

Producing brown coolant because you asked? That's really cool! I can't wait to see that.
    Just remember, don't drink it.

20. KoSoVaR^

Yepp ;), Yes it is !
    Why? What if it tastes like chokolate, haha that would have been nice thougt :clap: