bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

View Poll Results: What paint color for Grafik Card?
Natural aluminium 6 23.08%
Black 13 50.00%
White 7 26.92%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 16th Nov 2011, 00:30   #161
Canardwc
Gentel-Mod'R

Canardwc has yet to learn the way of the DremelCanardwc has yet to learn the way of the DremelCanardwc has yet to learn the way of the DremelCanardwc has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hi,

At this time, I celebrate my small victory for my first acceptable hand homemade...

I learnt lot of amazing things with all people who followed me through my brain project, following all of your own projects and my longs hours of work!

Now, I feel ready to do all my project only with my hands.

At this time, I spent lot of money (energy too) in this project.

The next steps of my project will require more tools and raws materials involving sponsors.

I don't know how i can be credible for a company. If you have some advices to give me before i'll attempt firsts approches. As I often say in my previous posts: Feel free to tell me!!

Stop talking now, and some pictures updates of the 460 AluminaTwinS (I know, another stupid name héhé!! FrenchTouch):

Last edited by Canardwc; 16th Nov 2011 at 00:53.
Canardwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Nov 2011, 01:48   #162
Canardwc
Gentel-Mod'R

Canardwc has yet to learn the way of the DremelCanardwc has yet to learn the way of the DremelCanardwc has yet to learn the way of the DremelCanardwc has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Old 16th Nov 2011, 12:41   #163
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
How much space is there between the 2 cards?.

I'm thinking if there is about 10mm you might get away with having a fan blowing on the sides of them but would semi hide the alumina twins, shame they add so much extra bulk, another idea is what Vetalar suggested but keep the the fans in as they are, you could prop up a 120mm fan in front of them & try it out to see if it helps.

So try the above or get a pci-x 2.0 riser or worst case make slimmer twins with slim fans.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Nov 2011, 13:56   #164
Canardwc
Gentel-Mod'R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
How much space is there between the 2 cards?.

I'm thinking if there is about 10mm you might get away with having a fan blowing on the sides of them but would semi hide the alumina twins, shame they add so much extra bulk, another idea is what Vetalar suggested but keep the the fans in as they are, you could prop up a 120mm fan in front of them & try it out to see if it helps.

So try the above or get a pci-x 2.0 riser or worst case make slimmer twins with slim fans.
Hi Waynio,

Like i said in a previous post, the twins are too close, that's why I ordered a pci-e 16x 2.0 riser.

And what do you think about those twins?

See ya!
Old 16th Nov 2011, 14:05   #165
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canardwc View Post
Hi Waynio,

Like i said in a previous post, the twins are too close, that's why I ordered a pci-e 16x 2.0 riser.

And what do you think about those twins?

See ya!
Ah got the solution then , the twins look good mate & would look even better with a mesh on the inside if there is enough room, mesh is usually 1mm thick.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Nov 2011, 16:00   #166
Sarakon
The German

Sarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Ah got the solution then , the twins look good mate & would look even better with a mesh on the inside if there is enough room, mesh is usually 1mm thick.
+ 1 to the mesh idea. And they do look good otherwise
Old 17th Nov 2011, 13:56   #167
Canardwc
Gentel-Mod'R

Quote:
it's a good idea and that will hide fans and the inside...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarakon View Post
+ 1 to the mesh idea. And they do look good otherwise
2 say the same, so you convince me... Thanks
Old 17th Nov 2011, 14:06   #168
GuilleAcoustic
Ook ? Ook !

GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.
+3 for the mesh

i5 4570 - Asus Z87 Gryphon + Thermal Armor - 8GB - Sandisk Extreme II 240GB - EVGA GTX770 - PC-V353A
GuilleAcoustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Nov 2011, 14:47   #169
yassarikhan786
Ultramodder(Not)

yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
+4 for the mesh
|| Motherboard: Asus P8P67 Pro (B3) || CPU: i7 2600k || Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 580 Super OC || Memory: Mushkin Blackline 8GB || SSD: Corsair Force 3 120GB || HDD: WD Caviar Black 2TB || CPU Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 || Power Supply: BeQuiet Dark Power Pro P9 750W || Case: Corsair Obsidian 650D || Monitor(s): Dell U2410 + HP w1907v || Keyboard: Logitech G510 || Mouse: Razer DeathAdder
yassarikhan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Nov 2011, 16:00   #170
Canardwc
Gentel-Mod'R

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuilleAcoustic View Post
+3 for the mesh
Quote:
Originally Posted by yassarikhan786 View Post
+4 for the mesh
Alright, allright, allright, not evreybody in the same time please... lol

I listen end understood everybody... And thank you!!!

I'll do it soon.
Old 17th Nov 2011, 16:02   #171
GuilleAcoustic
Ook ? Ook !

GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.
+5 for mesh ..... * Ok I take my coat *

i5 4570 - Asus Z87 Gryphon + Thermal Armor - 8GB - Sandisk Extreme II 240GB - EVGA GTX770 - PC-V353A
Old 17th Nov 2011, 16:16   #172
Razer2007
Building Proxima

Razer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
+ over 9000 for the mesh
------------------------------------------------------
Razer2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Nov 2011, 21:08   #173
Canardwc
Gentel-Mod'R

Quote:
+5 for mesh ..... * Ok I take my coat *
huhu!!!! I allready count your vote!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer2007 View Post
+ over 9000 for the mesh
huhu too!!! Only one by one! But as i quite like Guille ad Raz, i count your voteS!!! You won!

Last edited by Canardwc; 18th Nov 2011 at 14:01.
Old 20th Nov 2011, 00:45   #174
Canardwc
Gentel-Mod'R

It's a waste of time to search parts to mod!!!
Old 20th Nov 2011, 16:52   #175
Vetalar
*learning english*

Vetalar has yet to learn the way of the DremelVetalar has yet to learn the way of the DremelVetalar has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
outer shell of airfilter of BIG truck provides You nice metal mesh with round holes... or couple dead PSUs with big fans for hexagonal mesh...
and nobody says that modding is easy
Vetalar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Nov 2011, 17:36   #176
GuilleAcoustic
Ook ? Ook !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canardwc View Post
It's a waste of time to search parts to mod!!!
What are you searching for ? Maybe I can help

Old 20th Nov 2011, 21:18   #177
Canardwc
Gentel-Mod'R

Quote:
What are you searching for ? Maybe I can help
On car tunning website, on Lerois Marlin, Weber plastiques and so many others... The designs are never what i'm looking for. Other thing, i need a plastic mesh... Easier to glue than alu or metalics stuffs....
Old 20th Nov 2011, 21:28   #178
Canardwc
Gentel-Mod'R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetalar View Post
outer shell of airfilter of BIG truck provides You nice metal mesh with round holes... or couple dead PSUs with big fans for hexagonal mesh...
and nobody says that modding is easy
I know modding is a complicate hobby, i had the same probleme with my RC elecric&fuel cars (modelism). Always looking for the good parts to the good price...

But somtimes, in life, we all want to get faster and easier some stuffs....
Old 20th Nov 2011, 22:04   #179
GuilleAcoustic
Ook ? Ook !

You can use metalic mesh and use a glue for high temp purpose (used to glue the glass window on oven, it can handle hudreds of °C and can glue everything). It's heat and vibration resistant.

I bought this one at Leroy Merlin @ Châtelet-les-Halles (close to the George Pompidou center)

Old 22nd Nov 2011, 09:32   #180
Canardwc
Gentel-Mod'R

Quote:
You can use metalic mesh and use a glue for high temp purpose (used to glue the glass window on oven, it can handle hudreds of °C and can glue everything). It's heat and vibration resistant.

I bought this one at Leroy Merlin @ Châtelet-les-Halles (close to the George Pompidou center)
Hi,

ANd plastic mesh? Do you know where I can find it? I'll try to go to EOL Modelism this afternoon.

If you got an idea, i'll take it!

Thanks

Tags
aluminium

View Mode