bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 2nd Jan 2012, 23:00   #1
kier
-----------------

kier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for president
Cooler Master Cosmos II MbK...Final pics!!!

Cooler Master Cosmos II MbK

Sponsered by:

Hi my modding friends,

A new year begins, so a good start in terms of a new modding season
With a brand new case .... which is released right now, the Cosmos II
The new flagship of Cooler Master.

The hardware which comes in it is not known yet for sure, but it is certain that an x79 mobo and a number GTX580 GPUs comes in
And offcourse watercooled.

The color combination is going to be black, gray and white

The package was brought a month ago, the deliveryman cursed me
What a case and what a weight, unbelievable. My wife was pissed and called me some names I didn't heard before
So I needed to make space in my workshop to properly view the case.

The package:

First unpacking which quite a operation turned out to be

And here it is the great Cosmos II

Lots of case with a lot of space, really a true pleasure to mod this one

Cooler Master Raymen, Ruud and Marco and of course anyone who makes this possible ... Thanks!

And then moved it straight to my workshop to view and show interior
First some specifications:

-Exterior Material: Aluminum, mesh, synthetics

-Interior: Steel alloy, plastic, rubber

-Dimensions: 344 (W) x 704 (H) x 664 (D) mm / 13.5 x 27.7 x 26.1 inches

-Weight: 22 lb kg/48.5

-Maximum compatibility CPU cooler height: 190 mm/7.48 in.

-GPU-Length: 385 inches mm/15.15

-Type-M/B: Micro-ATX, Micro ATX, E-ATX, Extended ATX, SSI CEB, SSI EEB

Once dragged in my workshop and opened it immediately, I noticed how much 3.5 Drive Bay are in it
less than 13 pieces in total (2 from X dock, Mid cage for 5 HDDs, bottom cage for 6 hard drives)

The middle bay has room for 5 HDDs

In the lower HDD bay there's room for 6 hard drives which is hidden behind a beautiful fan bracket with
2 x 120 mm fan, 1200 RPM, 17 dBA

And here there is room for 6 HDD's

The PSU has shifted back for some extra space inside

And is raised a little

At the front there is space for two HDDs through the X-dock and there are three 5.25-inch drive bays available

Below this compartment, behind the mesh part there is one 200 mm LED fan, 700 RPM, 19 dBA (converted from 120 / 140 mm)
And below that there is still room for a 120mm fan for the airflow trough the lower HDD's bracket

The back has room for a 10+1 Expansion Slots

[IMG]http://i759.photobucket.com/albums/xx233/kier1976/Cosmos%201/DSC05678.jpg[/IMG

And a 140 mm fan, 1200 RPM, 19 dBA comes with it to the rear

At the top is a lot of space under the mesh

This cover is very easy to remove with a screw, and below is enough space for 3 fans and wiring

There also would fit a 360 rad but for that there are some adjustments needed.
And it comes with a black 120 mm fan, 1200 RPM, 17 dBA

Also on the top there is a sliding panel. Below that there is a control panel with 7 functions
More about this in the next update

At the front there is the I / O panel with 2 xUSB 3.0, 4 x USB 2.0, 1 x e-SATA and audio in / out

And there is very good tought about the cable management

With enough holes

I could go on an d on about the case but..... now it's modding time

I removed the top mesh and made ​​a number of strips.

Which are directed obliquely backwards, this is still a rugged design and has yet to be finished

Cut out the fan controller carefully

Here is coming a slot loader DVD or Bluray.

For measuring I used this one .

And made a slot for it

Where before was the sliding panel I cut and bent a piece of aluminum

Which is placed like this

And made the slot for the slot loader drive

I hope this is a good start of the new year for you ... for me it is

More to come!!!

Last edited by kier; 8th Jun 2012 at 18:03.
kier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jan 2012, 23:04   #2
KidMod-Southpaw
Super Spamming Saiyan

KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.
Awesome! Great start! Love the case, can't believe you got it so soon.
KidMod-Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jan 2012, 23:07   #3
Pranja
Blackwolf

Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
How did you get this case???

It is not even listed on CoolerMaster website.
Pranja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jan 2012, 23:11   #4
kier
-----------------

kier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for president
Thanks you guys... and it was released exactly at 00:00

Old 2nd Jan 2012, 23:12   #5
enormous
Minimodder

enormous has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Probably He got from them?
enormous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jan 2012, 23:14   #6
Parge
ITX FTW

Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.
That case is so nice, its almost a shame to mod... but I can't wait to see what you do!

How about a WC 7970 with a massive GPU Core overclock instead of a 580?

Parvum ITX - 3570k - GTX 770 - Asus P8Z77-I ITX - 8GB Tactical Tracer - 256GB SSD - 480GB SSD - H80
Parge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jan 2012, 23:18   #7
kier
-----------------

I have 2 gtx580 now and maybe 3 for this build

Old 2nd Jan 2012, 23:29   #8
SilveR_172
Supermodder

SilveR_172 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSilveR_172 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
OH MY GOD , im in love !
SilveR_172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jan 2012, 23:31   #9
Moddingboy
Multimodder

Moddingboy has yet to learn the way of the DremelModdingboy has yet to learn the way of the DremelModdingboy has yet to learn the way of the DremelModdingboy has yet to learn the way of the DremelModdingboy has yet to learn the way of the DremelModdingboy has yet to learn the way of the DremelModdingboy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Congrat for the brutal case!
Old 2nd Jan 2012, 23:53   #10
Pranja
Blackwolf

Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
This is epic case,and it will become unmortal mod.

Respect!!!!
Pranja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jan 2012, 00:11   #11
bulldogjeff
The modding head is firmly back on.

bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.
I like where you're going with that top panel. I'll be keeping an eye on this one.
bulldogjeff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jan 2012, 00:35   #12
weatherdown
What's this button fo......

weatherdown has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Following this one.. already hooked!!
weatherdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jan 2012, 01:58   #13
dmcgrath
Master of Pancakes

dmcgrath has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldmcgrath has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldmcgrath has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldmcgrath has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldmcgrath has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldmcgrath has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I've got to copy everyone else here and be happy with what you've begun. Good luck on your mod.

I'll start posting mine up here soon!
dmcgrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jan 2012, 07:02   #14
Vetalar
*learning english*

Vetalar has yet to learn the way of the DremelVetalar has yet to learn the way of the DremelVetalar has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
very nice case!!! i feel some chest-ache when i saw pics of reaping such beauty apart... i hope result would be good!
Vetalar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jan 2012, 09:59   #15
KidMod-Southpaw
Super Spamming Saiyan

KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.
Kier should make case mods for other people and sell them. And make MBK one of his best sub brands for cases, going off your previous MBK mod, this will be incredible!

Coolermaster set a very high bar for 2012 with this case, can you set a very high bar for modding?
KidMod-Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jan 2012, 10:16   #16
kier
-----------------

Thanks y'all, I won't let you down

@KidMod lol, I've allready started to place the "MbK" logo in some mods now

Coolermaster has really raised the bar yes, I hope I can do this also
For that Ill need your feedback my modding friends

Old 3rd Jan 2012, 10:24   #17
L1U
Multimodder

L1U has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
epic case+epic modder=got to follow

good luck with this new one
Old 3rd Jan 2012, 12:28   #18
kier
-----------------

Just to compare the size of this beast

And next to some other cases

Old 3rd Jan 2012, 13:02   #19
alain-s
Supermodder

alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.
Looking forward to this build Richard I hope u make something unique for this case. But by the first post u already had a good start with the fins on the top of the case
alain-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jan 2012, 13:14   #20
Vetalar
*learning english*

Vetalar has yet to learn the way of the DremelVetalar has yet to learn the way of the DremelVetalar has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
that corsair boys really looks like a kids compared to BEAST
*watching*
*thinking that it's almost time to abandon scratchbuilding and move to that brilliant cosmos2*
Vetalar is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode