bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 1st Feb 2012, 18:41   #1
Pranja
Blackwolf

Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Cosmos S mod-Reaper *completed*

Hi everyone,

welcome to my project log. This will be Reaper themed Coolermaster Cosmos S case.

I would like to thank my sponsors:

Thanks to Sale,Kiki,Goc and Apach from iShop Sisak. Without them this project would not exist.

Thanks to Milan Simic from Coolermaster for supporting this project and giving me such a great opportunity.

Thanks to Robert Reibold from Inter-tech for CobaNitrox fans,they are top quality.

Thanks to Miroslav Mokry from ASBIS for their support and for supplying me with Inter-tech products.

Thanks to Sandro Vrbanus for great discount for their plexi cutting and etching services.

Thanks to folks at LD Cooling for supporting me with their top quallity case accessories.

This was the base for my project:

Finished:

Last edited by Pranja; 28th Mar 2012 at 13:57.
Pranja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Feb 2012, 18:55   #2
Pranja
Blackwolf

Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I received some goddies from iShop and they had to be utilized immediately:

Then I took out on/off clap switch from my old lamp project,and adjusted it to meet my needs:

The clap switch was installed and I took out fan controller,which caused a lot of molex mess (I will sort this out later):

Of course,something was not good with clap switch. I just had to move one wire and voila-it worked like a charm:

Then,I started to make power supply extension cables:

Bought some new tools:

More pics of extension cables (two are finished):

Last edited by Pranja; 1st Feb 2012 at 21:06.
Old 1st Feb 2012, 19:02   #3
Pranja
Blackwolf

I didn't had any heat shrinks left (purchased today),so I started to work on right panel.
It was sprayed by previous owner,but I will remove it before it is painted in my choice of colours.

Pics of case with new right panel (you may notice that I removed plexi and put original mesh on left panel):

Last edited by Pranja; 1st Feb 2012 at 21:07.
Old 1st Feb 2012, 19:41   #4
Pranja
Blackwolf

Here is a small video of me turning on and off lights on Cosmos:

Last edited by Pranja; 1st Feb 2012 at 19:48.
Old 2nd Feb 2012, 00:42   #5
timmyzg
Minimodder

timmyzg has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
nice mod, can't wait for more pictures
timmyzg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2012, 08:41   #6
Renovatio_Design

Renovatio_Design has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Nice project Pranja, I like the concept.

Good luck with the build!
Renovatio_Design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2012, 15:02   #7
Pranja
Blackwolf

Thank you very much guys.

This is just the start,so expect more pictures (soon).
Old 4th Feb 2012, 00:24   #8
Nutman
Never stuck with stock

Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Haha, got to follow this one. How will the clap sensor work when you're attending a computer party with techno music banging from speakers on every desk?

Projects: Nutman - Hampen - F.O.B. T.C. - BabyShark - The Scratchbench
Nutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Feb 2012, 00:50   #9
Pranja
Blackwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutman View Post
Haha, got to follow this one. How will the clap sensor work when you're attending a computer party with techno music banging from speakers on every desk?
Hmm,computer party? You mean like LAN party? Never been to something like that,and never heard that someone organized something like that in Croatia.

I noticed that music from my 5.1 sistem is not making any problems,but when I play games and pc get loud,I can't activate switch. This will be solved with some sound insolation around switch.

Stay tuned,because there will be more work with electronics (hint: motorized vxxxs).
Old 20th Feb 2012, 00:07   #10
Pranja
Blackwolf

Little update

Here is a little update of my project.

I received package from Coolermaster (thanks to Coolermaster and Milan Simic). I got some very useful parts. I shaped plexiglass just like a stock Coolermaster mesh,but I was not been able to cut it because my mother was sick and I didn't wanted to disturb her with dremel sound.

And I finally finished my cable extensions. What do you think about them,guys?

Old 20th Feb 2012, 00:15   #11
Renovatio_Design

Renovatio_Design has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Nice stuff! good work with the cables!
Renovatio_Design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Feb 2012, 00:17   #12
Pranja
Blackwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renovatio_Design View Post
Nice stuff! good work with the cables!
Thanks! I am glad that you like it.
Old 20th Feb 2012, 22:25   #13
Pranja
Blackwolf

Ok. More updates (time to speed up).

I made PSU shroud and cover for back side od drive cages. Of course,everything must have holes for addition fans.
You can see that I transformed my bathroom in workshop.

This week case should be painted,and I have to speed up this dremeling part. So expect more pictures tomorow.
Old 21st Feb 2012, 13:07   #14
Mark_Skeldon
Multimodder

Mark_Skeldon has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
What cards are those?
i7 2600k @4.6GHz, | Asus Maximus IV Gene-z | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws CL9 | 2x Gigabyte R8 280X | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD | Coolermaster RP Pro 1000w | Coolermaster Silencio 652 | Onkyo SR608 amp | Mordaunt Short components |
Mark_Skeldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Feb 2012, 14:59   #15
Pranja
Blackwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Skeldon View Post
What cards are those?
Point of View GTX 470.
Old 24th Feb 2012, 21:50   #16
Pranja
Blackwolf

Update from last three days.

I received two LED strips (red offcourse) from ebay. Now I have total six of them.

Case has been dissasembled,packed and transported to paint shop.
Bag 'em and tag 'em.

My PC ended up like this:

Real hardcore mode.

Tommorow I will pick up the case and assemble it.
Project is 70 % done.

To do list:

-find suitable hardware(red-black/black RAM,MBO,new CPU)
-make/buy water cooling
-finish PSU shroud
-make Reaper etching on plexi
Old 25th Feb 2012, 18:32   #17
Pranja
Blackwolf

Haiku time:

New day
New tools
Painted rivets
Red

Some of them turned really gread,but some were total disaster.
I painted 70 rivets so I can pick good ones.
Old 25th Feb 2012, 19:17   #18
Nutman
Never stuck with stock

Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Did you paint them using expandable paint? Otherwise, the paint will crack and peel off once you fasten the rivets...

Projects: Nutman - Hampen - F.O.B. T.C. - BabyShark - The Scratchbench
Nutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Feb 2012, 19:25   #19
Pranja
Blackwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutman View Post
Did you paint them using expandable paint? Otherwise, the paint will crack and peel off once you fasten the rivets...
Don't worry. I used expandable paint.
Old 26th Feb 2012, 21:03   #20
Pranja
Blackwolf

Case painted

New update-case has been painted and asembled. Unfortunately,my Olympus C-510 makes bad pictures.
I will take more tomorow.

Hope you like it.

Tags
case mod, coolermster, cosmos s, reaper

View Mode