bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 23rd May 2012, 19:26   #21
Burnout21
Is the daddy!

Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
mmmmmmmmmm details, lots of little details!
Burnout21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2012, 11:01   #22
alain-s
Supermodder

alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel OD View Post
This is looking really promising!

Congrats on the sponsors, can't wait to see more!
Thank u Angel OD, I really hope to get more updates of the progress but I cant stop time to work a bid on the case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout21 View Post
mmmmmmmmmm details, lots of little details!
Thx Burnout21, much more to come .
Old 7th Jun 2012, 20:37   #23
alain-s
Supermodder

alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.
Update,

Last days/weeks I have bin working with SU to design a radiator mount that can be easily be installed in the bottom of the case. It needs to hold 2 radiators, 4 140mm fans, 2 Pumps and 2 drains for the system. All of this needs to be mounted on one piece so I just have to slide it in the case and connect the power for the fans and the pump and attach the rest of the tubes for the water loop. For this I have used the same idea as they did with MKII this way I don't have to attach everything in small tight places that are hard to reach. I Made a few print screens of the design so U can all have look at it until the real parts arrive.

New Midplate.

Radiator stand.

Radiator foot + drain and pump stand.

When the parts are lazered and bended it should look like this.

The DXG files are sended now I only can wait when the parts are ready.
Till next Update.
Old 8th Jun 2012, 13:12   #24
Paslis
Supermodder

Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Look great Alain cant wait to see the pieces mounted together and installed inside the case.
Project Ignotus
Paslis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jun 2012, 16:59   #25
alain-s
Supermodder

Thanks Pascal.

Small teaser of the front grill of the Cosmos II. It is almost ready I just need the last 6 pieces of the grill. These parts will arrive this week. Then I can complete the grill.

The left piece still need to be attached to the rest of the grill.
Old 27th Jun 2012, 21:37   #26
alain-s
Supermodder

Update

Sponsored By:

The sanding work for the front grill is almost over. I only need to complete 6 more pieces and the grill is finished.
The past 2 weeks I have bin sanding the aluminium parts alsmost everyday.

My Gf was not really happy with it I was more interested in sanding all the parts then here. And the dirt that came with it was not helping.
I did all the pieces with grid 240,400,600,1000,1500,2000 with result as this.

Time to polish it with the drill. Using polish paste and cotton disk on my drill. This progress wasted my hole Sunday. to get maximum bling out of it.

Then I just have to place all the parts on its place.

6 More pieces and the grill is finished. Lucky they arrived by mail today with the radiator stand. That I had made in SU

Mounted the rads and pumps on the stand to check if everything fits proper.

Just enough room for the pipes and drains. Also the new midplate was ready for the case.

Fits perfect.

Also received a nice package from Cyberspace with 2 Aqua-Computer Poweradjust 2 USB - Ultra Version in it. Had the change to buy them over from. This way I got 1 controller for each loop.

If I got time this weekend I can tap some wire in the parts and modify the pumps housing.

Alain
Old 29th Jun 2012, 07:11   #27
Meelobee
Hypermodder

Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Great work Alain, the grill is going to be (allready is now) epic when finished. And that rad/pump mount looks great. Keep it up!
Meelobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Jun 2012, 17:07   #28
alain-s
Supermodder

Thank U Meelobee hope to finish the grill this weekend of next week.
Old 30th Jun 2012, 00:44   #29
KoSoVaR^
Professional Sleever & Modder

KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
This looks so different and great, keep up the good work !
KoSoVaR^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jun 2012, 00:57   #30
ying
Minimodder

ying is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ying is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ying is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ying is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ying is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ying is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ying is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ying is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ying is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ying is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ying is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I haven't words to explain your work so far!

Love the polished finish of the grill!
ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jun 2012, 01:31   #31
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

AnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run Crysis
Wowzers and again wowzers !!! Mod on bro I really enjoyed your work so far!!
AnG3L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jun 2012, 04:33   #32
Angel OD
Pump Killer

Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Please make sure you don't scratch those aluminum parts for the grill!

Looking really great m8!
http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=207889 - Motm nominee
The Theory of Everything http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=219504 - Motm WINNER!
Angel OD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jul 2012, 18:46   #33
alain-s
Supermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoSoVaR^ View Post
This looks so different and great, keep up the good work !
Thank U KoSoVaR
Quote:
Originally Posted by ying View Post
I haven't words to explain your work so far!

Love the polished finish of the grill!
Thanks Ying
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnG3L View Post
Wowzers and again wowzers !!! Mod on bro I really enjoyed your work so far!!
Thank U AnG3l ^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel OD View Post
Please make sure you don't scratch those aluminum parts for the grill!

Looking really great m8!
Thanks Angel OD I will do my best but U never know what will happen. Lucky I got some spare parts of the grill.

Something new and shiny.
Old 8th Jul 2012, 21:05   #34
alain-s
Supermodder

Update!

Sponsored By:

Started with the pumps housing. The 2 extensions on the side needed to be removed so the pump can fit on its stand.

On the bottom of the housing are 2 extra holes that can be use to hold the pump on its place. I just have to tap some wire in it. After that I started to sand the housing and prep it for painting.

While the paint was drying I made 10 aluminium rings that will help guiding the radiator stand on the mounting plate.

These will be attached on the bottom of the radiator stand. The mounting plate of the radiator stand will come in the bottom of the case. So I just have to push the stand in the case.

Midplate on its place not much room left.

Here is a short video of how it works.

I have finished the front grill now this piece is completed.

Because I was a little bored and didn't know what to do. I started to sand and polish the feet of the the CosmosII.
Original colour black.

After a few hours of sanding and polishing. It started to look like this.

Got lucky with the weather this weekend. So I made some pictures of the case outside on the balcony.

And a other short video of the radiator stand but with radiators and pumps installed.

That was it again. The next steps are. Polishing the top bars from the case. Make a HDD bay with a hotswap. And start with the top grill of the case that need to look like the front grill of the case.
Old 9th Jul 2012, 06:55   #35
Pinwmpires
Minimodder

Pinwmpires is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Pinwmpires is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Pinwmpires is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Pinwmpires is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Pinwmpires is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Pinwmpires is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Pinwmpires is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Pinwmpires is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Pinwmpires is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Pinwmpires is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Pinwmpires is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Very good job.. i love the removable rads/pumps tray at the bottom.. nice idea! Keep it up!
Pinwmpires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jul 2012, 07:08   #36
Socialite
What's a Dremel?

Socialite has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Absolutely stunning man! Subscribed!
Socialite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jul 2012, 08:11   #37
Editor22
E22.BIZ

Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Simply incredible build dude, loving all of those custom parts
Editor22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jul 2012, 09:57   #38
Kovoet
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Kovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming Saiyan
A real sexy looking case so far
MOBO[ Asus Maximus Formula VI ]CPU[I7 4770K]RAM[Corsair Vengeance PRO Red 2133mhz]SSD's[1TB Samsung EVO, 256GB Samsung, 128GB Mushkin, 128 GT Corsair]GPU[Gainward GTX770 Sli]PSU[Corsair AX1200i Red Cables]SOUND[Creative soundblaster ZX E22 backplate]CASE[Corsair 540] Cooler[Corsair H100i]Screen[Dell U2913WM} Perp[Corsair K70, Logitech GS500S,Belkin razer N52TE,QPAD QH90]
Kovoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jul 2012, 12:37   #39
damien c
Mad FPS Gamer

damien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyan
WOW!!!!!

I wish I had the skills to do something like that to my Cosmos II.

Can I ask where are you going to mount the PSU in it?
damien c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jul 2012, 22:15   #40
alain-s
Supermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinwmpires View Post
Very good job.. i love the removable rads/pumps tray at the bottom.. nice idea! Keep it up!
Thanks Pinwmpires I got the idea when I saw MKII ^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socialite View Post
Absolutely stunning man! Subscribed!
Thank U Socialite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Editor22 View Post
Simply incredible build dude, loving all of those custom parts
Thx Editor22 I am doing my best and much more to come ofc. ^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovoet View Post
A real sexy looking case so far
Thank U Kovoet
Quote:
Originally Posted by damien c View Post
WOW!!!!!

I wish I had the skills to do something like that to my Cosmos II.

Can I ask where are you going to mount the PSU in it?
Thx Damien the feed and the top bars can do everyone U just need to sand them and polish it afterwards. The PSU will come behind the 420rad and next to the pumps. There is enough room for PSU and all the cables.

View Mode