bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 14th Jun 2013, 18:23   #1
Meanmotion
bleh

Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.
Xbox One 'may not work' in unsupported countries

Microsoft has seemingly confirmed that the Xbox One will not work if imported.
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...orted-countr/1
Meanmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Jun 2013, 18:30   #2
atc95
Need help with scratchbuild!

atc95 is definitely a rep cheat.atc95 is definitely a rep cheat.atc95 is definitely a rep cheat.atc95 is definitely a rep cheat.atc95 is definitely a rep cheat.atc95 is definitely a rep cheat.atc95 is definitely a rep cheat.atc95 is definitely a rep cheat.atc95 is definitely a rep cheat.atc95 is definitely a rep cheat.atc95 is definitely a rep cheat.
I will say it once and say it again: this is a ploy by Microsoft to increase windows 8 sales as people move to PC gaming.
[SIZE="2"][CENTER]i5 3550 //Asus P8Z77-VLX2 //Gigabyte windforce 7950 // 2x4gb C. Vengeance and 2x4gb Samsung Greens // samsung 256gb 830 // 750gb scorpio black // Corsair Carbide 300R // enermax ets t40 tb //Corsair CX 750W // Dell u2412m[SIZE="2"][CENTER]
atc95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Jun 2013, 19:01   #3
Corky42
Mod Master

Corky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
This wouldn't be so bad if they could get a Xbone in all regions this Christmas, But you have to wounder what this will do to sales if little johnny can only have a PS4 under the Christmas tree this year.

From my understanding the whole of Asia will be post Xmas 2013, Its almost like they want the Xbone to fail, what with no second hand games sales, having to check-in every 24Hrs, the free NSA CCTV in your living room, and the difference in price.

What a lot of negatives, (did i miss any?)
Corky42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Jun 2013, 19:03   #4
kingred
Surfacing sucks!

kingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
But microsoft, your Xdone demo units were Hp computers. Ahue
kingred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Jun 2013, 19:03   #5
Fizzban
Man of Many Typos

Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corky42 View Post
What a lot of negatives, (did i miss any?)
PS4 has a better graphics chip and its ram runs at a much higher frequency. Does that count?

To win the battle, is to be prepared to die - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFlames View Post
Asking to pick between the main parties is like asking which testicle you want to be kicked in, you're gonna get kicked the nuts whoever you pick... Just have to hope whoever you pick aren't wearing steelies...
Fizzban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Jun 2013, 19:04   #6
SAimNE
Multimodder

SAimNE has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
i think they need to understand the point of advertisement... you show a lot of good, and some of the important bads.......... not 50 thousand bad things and 1 unimportant good thing(better browser).

seriously this is the worst advertising i have ever seen in my entire life :|
SAimNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Jun 2013, 19:50   #7
schmidtbag
Hypermodder

schmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Does PS4 have such regional restrictions? I heard that it will have a paid online service. If it isn't restricted, then MS is just coming up with fake excuses for being too lazy/cheap to set up servers in other countries to enforce their online-only requirement.
schmidtbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Jun 2013, 20:04   #8
AlienwareAndy
Banned

AlienwareAndy is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlienwareAndy is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlienwareAndy is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlienwareAndy is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlienwareAndy is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlienwareAndy is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlienwareAndy is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlienwareAndy is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlienwareAndy is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlienwareAndy is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlienwareAndy is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by atc95 View Post
I will say it once and say it again: this is a ploy by Microsoft to increase windows 8 sales as people move to PC gaming.
LOL where is the like button
AlienwareAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Jun 2013, 20:07   #9
phuzz
This is a title

phuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for president
(GDDR5 has much higher latency than DDR3, so it's not a clear cut case of "more fast == better")
phuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Jun 2013, 20:07   #10
DragunovHUN
Go ahead, spell my name wrong.

DragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming Saiyan
They can keep their games then, they'd probably force woeful localizations on them anyways.

gog.com - Classic videogames, Windows 7 compatible, no DRM, bundled extras, outstanding service. Check it out, get hooked, spread the word!
DragunovHUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Jun 2013, 20:11   #11
schmidtbag
Hypermodder

schmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by phuzz View Post
(GDDR5 has much higher latency than DDR3, so it's not a clear cut case of "more fast == better")
That is very true, however, there's a few things to consider:
* The CPU and GPU share the same memory
* GPUs care more about higher frequencies than latencies
* Since the CPU and GPU are on 1 die, that's automatically less latency than a CPU on DDR3 and a discrete GPU on DDR5
* Consoles are focused more on parallel processing (graphics and physics) than other calculations. This gives the GPU the priority, therefore, DDR5 would offer the best overall performance.

Otherwise, I completely agree with you, and is one reason why I'm hesitant about the idea of getting a DDR4 based computer.
schmidtbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Jun 2013, 20:42   #12
Phil Rhodes
Hypernobber

Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Now, I'm not a console owner, so this is all hypothetical, but: if I emigrate, does this mean I lose my xbox live account?
Phil Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Jun 2013, 20:51   #13
flibblesan
Destroyer

flibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingred
But microsoft, your Xdone demo units were Hp computers. Ahue
Because the Xbox One hardware isn't actually finished yet and the Xbox One development units are just Windows-based PC?
flibblesan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Jun 2013, 21:23   #14
faugusztin
I *am* the guy with two left hands

faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Rhodes View Post
Now, I'm not a console owner, so this is all hypothetical, but: if I emigrate, does this mean I lose my xbox live account?
No. You only won't be able to use it until MS starts selling XBOX One in your new country. Which could be late 2014 if you emigrate to Asia.
Old 14th Jun 2013, 21:29   #15
AiA
Multimodder

AiA has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
all these restrictions for what? did piracy almost bankrupt them or something

you might have to use vpn to get around some of the restrictions

i think i might just go play some cards (its region free and can be shared with friends but does need a constant light source to work (like a light bulb )
AiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jun 2013, 09:44   #16
Corky42
Mod Master

Corky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Things go from bad to worse in Microsoft land....

What if they make a mistake do you still lose all the games you bought ?
Is this even legal ?
Corky42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jun 2013, 11:38   #17
Cthippo
Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Cthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corky42 View Post
Is this even legal ?
I suspect until someone challenges it in court it is.

I'm kind of surprised some of these T&C issues haven't yet been the subject of litigation.
Old 15th Jun 2013, 12:01   #18
law99
Custom User Title

law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.
Wow. The gloves are off now. What MS are saying is; if you don't live in a part of the world we trust, you don't matter to us. All you will do is pirate games.

The worst part is it probably won't make a difference to how well the console does. All the regions not affected won't care...
3570k WC @ 4.7giggles | 8gb Kingston 2133mhz | ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | R9 290 (awaiting wc block... ) | Seasonic x-660w | NZXT 810 switch | Crucial M4 128gb | 2x F3 1tb Raid 1 | NZXT Sentry 6ch 50w fan controller | eyefinity 4112x1024
law99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jun 2013, 12:25   #19
sniperdude
Supermodder

sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.
LOL I just don't think microsoft want people to buy it

Old 15th Jun 2013, 12:33   #20
dipzy
Supermodder

dipzy is definitely a rep cheat.dipzy is definitely a rep cheat.dipzy is definitely a rep cheat.dipzy is definitely a rep cheat.dipzy is definitely a rep cheat.dipzy is definitely a rep cheat.dipzy is definitely a rep cheat.dipzy is definitely a rep cheat.dipzy is definitely a rep cheat.dipzy is definitely a rep cheat.dipzy is definitely a rep cheat.
^ These Support people are making me
dipzy is offline   Reply With Quote