1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Found the problem with my Asus Rampage IV Extreme Not booting into windows.

Discussion in 'Asus UK' started by Guest-44432, 1 Apr 2014.

1. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

I don't think I have any warranty left on this, but considering I'm always very careful with my components and installing them. I was a bit gutted to see the pin bent to the top PCI-E slot.

[​IMG]

2. murraynt

murraynt Modder

Can it be fixed? That's a pain.

3. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

No, as the pin will snap if you bend it back. If I was running a single Gfx card, then I would turn off that PCI-E slot and use the other x16 slot as the board will still work fine. :)

4. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

You might be lucky if you try and straighten it, I have had success with a couple of LGA CPU sockets over the years :)

5. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Well after an hr of trying all sorts of tools (Hair clip, watch strap pin etc.) I managed to unbend it, but a bit did snap off. It's back in it's original slot, but not sure if it will make a connection to the PCB terminal on a gfx card.

I can't test this out, as I have no spares, and my current rig is all watercooled, so I'm not planning on stripping it down, until my new case arrives. :)

[​IMG]

6. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

You might be lucky :)

It would be a shame to waste such a good board for something like that.

7. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Well, we will see. I might just chuck it on Ebay as I have no box or anything for it, as my ex chucked all that away!