1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What "desensitized" You

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Cptn-Inafinus, 2 Aug 2007.

?

What desensitized You?

1. A game

19 vote(s)
    24.1%
  2. A film

21 vote(s)
    26.6%
  3. Other

20 vote(s)
    25.3%
  4. Nothin', im' ard' as nails!

19 vote(s)
    24.1%
  1. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

Appart from the fear of kids TV I like to think I have levelled out a little bit :p

2. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Yeah, the poison headcrabs? I hate them too.

As for me... dunno, maybe seeing The Rock? I don't think there was really anything specific that did it, other than realizing that fake stuff was fake so it never bothered me much.

3. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Doom shat me up a bit when I was young.

Although nothing has scared me quite as much since the cradle in Thief 3.

4. will.

Alma in the FEAR demo as you go over the ladder is shitting scary actually. I remember leaping out of my skin. Its more shock than anything though.

(it was also in the real game, but you know its going to happen so its not so scary any more.)

5. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

The Cradle is one ****ed up level. I didn't like the latter stages, jumping around in the memories of the building and so on, but the start was so scary it crippled me. Bauul and Hannah came round to watch and even they were too frightened to move.

Return to The Cathedral was worse though; the eye talking to "the tricksy man in the shadow" and the undead keepers. Brr. I loved how they could only be killed using holy water - which would degrade as you carried it because you were a thief. You had to dip your water arrows in the holy water font and then you had thirty seconds of firepower before having to run for it.

System Shock 2 was scary too, especially the early levels when halls are exploding, ghosts are everywhere and you only have a wrench and a broken shotgun to fight with. It wasn't long lasting fear because it's quick to learn the ropes, but its great while it lasts.

So, yeah, Realms of The Haunting and Thief 1 and 3 for the win (cheesecake)

6. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

See im not the only one but they shat me right up the first time i saw them. also that Dog like creature in Doom3, i swear i was touching cloth in my pants.

Also the Jaws music used to mess with me when i was alot younger. Also seeing Aliens young gave me nightmares for a week after but now i love watching the movies when on the telly.

7. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

When I was a kid I used to be one of those kids that was afraid of everything. I remember being afraid of the movie Tremors (stupid) and the movie Trolls 2 (REALLY stupid) and...other things I'm sure. I also used to have night terrors that freaked me out. Today, I'm really not afraid of anything in games/movies.

8. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Hm, I more meant that I hated them in terms of gameplay than anything else since their attack dropped you down to 1hp, although them jumping out of nowhere certainly made me jump the first time around. Doom3 and FEAR made me jump quite a few times, though the former got way too predictable.

9. knuck

knuck Hate your face

Ravenholm was amazing !

I couldn't play FEAR, the little girl just freaks me out. I dont know why but it seems to do the job for me , haha

10. CraZy

CraZy Cöstom úser tætel

11. knuck

knuck Hate your face

oh, Maniac Manson used to scare me when my bro was playing , yeaaaaaars ago :D

Last edited: 3 Aug 2007
  12. will.

I've just found another kids TV show from the 80s that I seem to have horrible hidden fear of... :p

I think I can come to the conclusion that my dad was the person that desensitized me! Also, he ruined children's TV for me!

13. knuck

knuck Hate your face

wow I had forgoten about that show :eeek: !

Now that I think of it, it is kinda creepy to even think about making a show about talking shoes , haha

14. Dayains

Dayains Notamodder

I hate charlie chalk that is the stuff of nightmares.

15. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

I grew up on horror films. By the time I was in 8th grade I had seen so many that I suppose I got desensitized.

The one that really got me, though, the one that enabled me to see pretty much any movie that came along: The Amityville Horror (the original movie from 1979). I was in 3rd grade, and I was watching it on TV. I was home alone that night, and my parents and siblings all warned me that watching that movie would scare me. As soon as everyone left I tuned in. I was fine until the woman looked out the window and saw two glowing red eyes.

They were right. That scared the hell out of me. It was quite a long time before I summoned the courage to look out a window. To this day, my heart races a little bit when looking out the window at night.

After that point, nothing scares me.

-monkey

16. Hells_Bliss

Hells_Bliss What's a Dremel?

you pommies have the wierdest kid shows

17. oddball walking

oddball walking ...!

QFT

The original half life scared me when I first played it, I was also scared just watching my mate play fear.

Oh and these guys :)

18. zr_ox

zr_ox Whooolapoook

Resident Evil 1.

Parents, brother and sisters not home. Rented console and game from video store, played on Parents 32" Sony TV instead of my cr@ppy little one.

November.....Dark.....Windy, closed the curtain and sat WAAAAAY TOOOOO CLOSE. :jawdrop:

19. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I think it was a combination of "Blood" (one of my true favourite games of all time, just for it's sillyness) and Starship Troopers, Battle Royale and Ichi the Killer.

20. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Amazing game! Just for all the cool movie quotes, and Ash's hand. I've got it around here somewhere...